Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ootachi

The Guide For A Beginner Faker.

Ok I got Eman to sticky this wonderful guide for you guys ^_^ Just like beret did for kev :box:

It needs abit more adding, but if its good enough for a sticky :)

Whee! Except...where did Beret's Faking Guide go? :wizard:

Well, it was outdated anyways. And now we have a brand-new topic!

Ok I got Eman to sticky this wonderful guide for you guys ^_^ Just like beret did for kev :box:

It needs abit more adding, but if its good enough for a sticky :D

Well, my old kits link to it, so here's Beret's Guide:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...st&p=281495

I guess when it was unstickied, it may have shot back down to where it was before it got stickied :P

EDIT: Actually, it's down on the third page in Screenshot Fakes :). I guess Emanick moved it there so people wouldn't bump it anymore :D

Edited by WolfieMario

I guess when it was unstickied, it may have shot back down to where it was before it got stickied :D

EDIT: Actually, it's down on the third page in Screenshot Fakes :). I guess Emanick moved it there so people wouldn't bump it anymore :P

Huh. That's weird, why the third page? Why not the fourth or fifth? :P

I guess when it was unstickied, it may have shot back down to where it was before it got stickied :D

EDIT: Actually, it's down on the third page in Screenshot Fakes :). I guess Emanick moved it there so people wouldn't bump it anymore :P

Because 4 + 5 = 9, 5 - 4 = 1, 5 - 4 (again) = 1, and if you put those digits together it's 911. Eman didn't want to look like a terrorist.

Because 4 + 5 = 9, 5 - 4 = 1, 5 - 4 (again) = 1, and if you put those digits together it's 911. Eman didn't want to look like a terrorist.

Um...that's nice to know...

I like to revise the HD Chatbox because I noticed that your display name is 1 px closer to the white line. So here's a new stencil.

2qu12is.png

I like to revise the HD Chatbox because I noticed that your display name is 1 px closer to the white line. So here's a new stencil.

2qu12is.png

Actually, that won't solve the problem :wizard:

Also, I updated my kit to have the new chatbox and scrollbars:

basicfakekitv2.png

When i typed the new font, it had all these blue and red lines around it. ummm

If you're using Vista, go Control Panel > Classic View > Performance Information and Tools > Adjust Visual Effects > Uncheck Smooth edges on screen fonts.

Do any of the fonts work for GIMP?

I'm guessing they all do, but I don't use GIMP.

You may have to use a different font size.

How can you make things runescape-ish with paint because I can not see it anywhere in any of the guides.

That's because it's practically impossible without a lot of hard work.

It requires careful shading and comparing it with real RuneScape things to see how the shading works.

How can you make things runescape-ish with paint because I can not see it anywhere in any of the guides.

That's because it's practically impossible without a lot of hard work.

It requires careful shading and comparing it with real RuneScape things to see how the shading works.

Thats the horror beauty of it all! -.-

[p]Guide to Cropping in Microsoft Paint

Written by: Scurfie

Special thanks to:

This is the uncropped image I'll use.

uncroppedimage.png

1. Now you have to select what you want to crop,try and get the grey lines actually inside the image you want.

select.png

2. Next you have to make the canvas smaller.

croppingthecanvas.png

3. Finally, you simply paste the picture onto your canvas.

pasting.png

You have now cropped your image! Hurray! :wizard:

I made this guide for 'nooby dragon' so I thought I might as well post it in here. Use it, don't use it, do whatever you want with it, I don't really care.

Edited by Scurfie

[p]Guide to Minimaps in MS Paint

Written by: Sudokuguy3

Special thanks to:

First I'll begin with a regular, unaltered screenshot.

Then we'll copy my character and make him transparent. (include the shadow)

guide1character1.png

Next, we'll paste him 1 space below me, to make it easy. (Also, I'll add some overhead text :ph34r:)

guide1k.png

Now let's adjust the minimap. We need to zoom in on the minimap using the Magnifying tool, and then go to the Brush tool and select the Brush type in the top middle and select your color on Black, the top left color.

guide1pt3.png

Now we paint one of those sized dots two spaces under the space where I am (because the actualy white dot is one space above the black) and then change your color to white and paint one dot above the already painted black one.

guide1pt4.png

And tada! This is the final result. Congrats! :o

guide1final.png

Thought i might try to contribute here, so here you are. :wizard:

[p]Guide to Minimaps in MS Paint

Written by: Sudokuguy3

Special thanks to:

First I'll begin with a regular, unaltered screenshot.

Then we'll copy my character and make him transparent. (include the shadow)

guide1character1.png

Next, we'll paste him 1 space below me, to make it easy. (Also, I'll add some overhead text :ph34r:)

guide1k.png

Now let's adjust the minimap. We need to zoom in on the minimap using the Magnifying tool, and then go to the Brush tool and select the Brush type in the top middle and select your color on Black, the top left color.

guide1pt3.png

Now we paint one of those sized dots two spaces under the space where I am (because the actualy white dot is one space above the black) and then change your color to white and paint one dot above the already painted black one.

guide1pt4.png

And tada! This is the final result. Congrats! :o

guide1final.png

Thought i might try to contribute here, so here you are. :wizard:

Flawed guide - you notice the shading on the minimap dot? Yours doesn't have it. The right way to do it is to copy a dot from a kit (or rather, in most cases, you can copy it from a nearby person), and paste it in place. Also, following the perspective of the walls and red dots (firemaker's ashes), your custom dot is out-of-place. It should be a pixel or two to the left, and perhaps a pixel down.

Personally, I think this shouldn't be added yet. It should be revised to correct the errors, provide a mini-kit of correct dots (feel free to borrow from my kit), explain how to do minimap icons (like a General Store icon), and also show how to make your character's dot on top of another dot (such as if you are standing on an item or in the same spot as someone else)

I've not submitted a guide yet, so I decided I should.

[p]How to do Simple Recolorings With Fireworks

Written by: Mr E

Special thanks to: Tinypic, Paint, and Macromedia Fireworks 8 :wizard: And Wolfiemario, of course.

We begin with a screenshot (already cropped, so all you see is the actual game) like the following:

4v3amf.jpg

That's my noobish character, right there, wearing a Prince tunic (from the random event). Snazzy, right? I don't really like purple, though...what say we change its color?

Paste the image into Fireworks.

28w1elk.jpg

Now zoom in a bit so we can see the actual tunic itself. Use the magic wand tool to select the Prince tunic. Be careful--try not to leave out any of the tunic, and try not to select, say, part of the background.

5klf1i.png

Done that? Now, click Filters>Adjust Color>Hue/Saturation. (See below image.)

2v2wplc.png

The below menu will appear.

nyemie.png

Move the little box down or left or right or up a little, so we can see the tunic that we're recoloring.

nzftiw.png

Okay, here's where it gets fun. Move around the arrows a little and see what happens. "Hue" changes the color of my tunic. "Saturation" changes how purple (or red, or blue, or whatever color) my tunic will be, and "Lightness" is slightly self-explanatory. (Set "Lightness" too far up or back, and the item becomes a solid color, which you don't want, because that rarely happens in RuneScape.)

Anyhow, play around a bit. Here's what I did:

2nlwc1t.jpg

The coat looks much more navy than purple, now. Huzzah!

Then, I recolored his tie (you know how to do it now, so I assume I don't have to provide detailed step-by-step instructions) and Voila! The finished screenshot looks like this:

684ozn.png

Now that you know what to do, you can recolor everything from NPC's to items to clothing/armor in the Worn Equipment screen. You can do anything! In fact, Wolfiemario recolored some armor (click here) until it looked like he'd been in a paintball fight to prove that recoloring is rather easy. (Wolfie, if you would rather not be included in the guide, contact me and I'll remove these last sentences.)

That's all, folks!

Edited by Mr E

[p]Making a Unique Texture in Photoshop

Written by: iAntilopi

Special thanks to: Adobe Photoshop CS4

This guide will show you how to make a simple RuneScape-ish texture using PhotoShop (Though you may be able to adjust it for GIMP).

I will be showing you two examples side-by-side on this guide; a quite simple one, and a more complicated one. Pictures will be placed (SIMPLE > COMPLICATED).

1, open Photoshop and make your document. I advise making this on a new document, though doing it on new layers in your current project is fine, too. If making a new document, consider making it quite large. For example, if It's going to fill a 100x100 space, consider making it 200x200. This is so that when you skew it in the later steps of the guide, you don't lose quality.

20u4bqa.png

2, Fill the base colour(s) in as your background.

s1m59w.png > 10s6a7l.png

3, Add a base texture by using a brush (blow it up quite big), just for contrast. You can also mess with contrast settings by going to Image>Adjustments>Settings, but that might mess up your background colour, depending what it is. The Texture can be whatever you want - a different shade of your background colour, or as far a contrast as black is to white. If you're really worried it's too blocky (Some brushes are made at a fixed size), try blurring it by going to Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur. Do not over-do the blurring. Also, you probably want to make the brush 30-50% Opacity, depending on what colour/brush you've chosen. Just fiddle around with this until it looks good.

2n6elwy.png > 1128m5z.png

4 (SIMPLE), Now, go over this with a large brush, with whatever effect (you can look for guides on making your own Photoshop Brushes on youtube, if you like) you want. You can do this on a new layer.

or7d05.png

4 (COMPLICATED), Now get an image with whatever relevant texture on it that you want. I've done fiery colours, so besides a fire, this would probably be a fabric kind of material. Don't worry about the colour.

So I google textures for fabric, and I've found this:

b17maartent738.jpg

Simply Copy-and-Paste it to a new layer (ON TOP of the base layer) and set the layer to 'Overlay' instead of Normal. You might want to try others such a Screen, etc, to look at colour adjustments, but Overlay is what I'm using.

Resizing the texture is a good idea in some cases, too.

2sb4j0p.png

And there you have it! All there is left to do is add it to your picture!

Or Shape it.

Or Whatever.

14jvw46.png

2ex7p81.png

When resizing to fit an image, you might want to check on Smart Object to avoid losing image quality when resizing (it 'remembers' what the image looked like at a larger size).

2ptxr9s.png

A few pointers about RuneScape-y textures: You'll want clear textures like the fabric I used (Clearly showing the threads, like in RuneScape) - if they're too fine, they'll look like you've pasted something too realistic into RuneScape.

Enjoy!

Haha, a strange guide I though would post here.

And Ambo, how do I submit to that...? :wizard: