Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Media Sword

Construction Level Liars

The thing is, it's not morally right. Just like it's not morally right with all the people using autotalkers outside the portal. I swear I report 10 of them every 30 minutes for autoing.

People need to be truthful about such matters.

Morally right? :wizard: This is Runescape. :rich: I get how you feel, but your making too big a deal out of this. Lying about one skill is useless, and if someone had 99 con, you wouldn't need to waste your time looking them up, just look at what cape they're wearing. :/

~D

Yeah, and I guess RuneScape isn't the first place to be complaining about right and wrong, especially when there's a skill called Thieving, you can kill men and women without fear of retribution, and you are a tool of Slayer masters who use you to commit mass specicide.

That's a new way of looking at it... :box:

Eh...I wouldn't even bother checking the stats. Who cares if they are lying? They're just trying to get your attention, and they're pretty much succeeding when you look up if they're really 99 Construction or not.

I think you have to consider for some people they count boosts in ther construction level. I know for me I count my level as high as the highest item I can make. The highest item I can make with my current level (74) is up to 84 with crystal saw and evil stew. Check hiscores first and don't get mad at anyone who says they have 8 more then they have. If anyone tells you they have more then 8 levels then there hiscore says they are lying.

I don't care about the liars, they haven't affected me, I hate the people who use auto talkers to advertise there house, there should be some sort of party system.

what has the world come to? its just a game people! ITS JUST A GAME! who cares if someone lies about a GAME?

I do, especially when its a game of poker and my clothes are in danger!

Put them on ignore. Some people feel the need to inflate their level and feel important. I have have high enough for a good lectern, gilded altar, teleport rooms, and work shop so I am not interested to see what a '99' has for a house. When I see 'advertisers' I treat them like a TV commercial... I ignore it!

I recently had some experiences with people advertising a house with 99 construction, yet the owner only had around 60 construction (I have 61 myself). I was looking for a house made by somebody with a higher level than mine to use the different items that you can make at a higher level (banner easel, gilded altar, etc.). Instead of finding someone with a suitable house right away, I went to a few different houses that were shoddy in comparison to mine, or at an equal level as mine which is again wasting my time. At least 3 of these people had the gall to advertise their construction level at least 20 levels higher than they really had. A task which should normally be quick and easy took way too long. Heck, even the one high level house I did find advertised that he had everything, and yet he didn't have a banner easel.

I probably could have walked to Edgeville, got spices, made some spicy stew, go all the way to get a crystal saw, then go to my house and make the piece of furniture myself. I'd rather not do that, because I thought it would only take 5 minutes at maximum to get my banner made. But no.

Seriously, this is annoying for people trying to find a decent house to use its services. A level 70 house isn't bad, but a lot of the people advertising 99 construction were in the 50's.

I don't care about the liars, they haven't affected me, I hate the people who use auto talkers to advertise there house, there should be some sort of party system.

By party system you mean what?

I like the auto talkers it helps for finding a party and getting people into yours.

And more people come to a house advertised by auto compared to people typing it out by hand.

The thing is, it's not morally right. Just like it's not morally right with all the people using autotalkers outside the portal. I swear I report 10 of them every 30 minutes for autoing.

People need to be truthful about such matters.

So what you're saying is, you're upset about a moral wrong performed in RuneScape, an online video game?

I bet you're one of those people that runs around asking people "Hey, are you botting?" then if they don't reply, even if they aren't botting and just have public chat turned off (a lot of people do that by the way, 50%+ of the people you report for botting because they don't respond probably just have chat disabled), you report them just to piss them off.

I really do hate people who stand outside the POH Portal saying their 99 con when their only 70.

It drives me nuts, and I always look them up and make a big thing of it when they lie.

Your thoughts?

Lol i agree.

It's great that you are checking up on the facts, although I don't think you should get mad over people making fibs. Just ignore them, in fact... you have an ignore list you can use in-game to execute such a maneuver. Problem solved.

Too bad that person's name is hidden by all those people using autotypers