Sal's RuneScape Forum

School's Awesome

Sonata

Hey guys, I'm a little new to manga drawing. So I tried my best and here is what I came up with. Somethings I already see about this that I don't like is that the "I'm Making A Note Here" panel has the thumb to long and that "Huge Success" panel has the mouth a little awkwardly drawn. The last panel has a little slant mostly because my journal was going up in a slant.

Oh yeah... Right to left.

15804nm.png

I accept tips and guides if you want to help me improve. :wizard:

Edited by Sonata of Light

Thumbs can be hard since to be honest they are longer than we generally think, they just start down closer to the wrist than fingers do. One of the things that can greatly change the length appearance is how your fingers curved and the flap of skin connecting your pointer finger and your thumb. Here's sorta what I'm talking about. (Looking at your hand in the pose you want in a great way to improve this.) Also don't forget details like the wrinkle lines on your knuckles, these can help visualize fingers.

handsl.png

Ditto what monke said about the hat. Imagine it moved down so that the brim is just a little above his eyebrows.

Only other thing I'd work on is the eyes. Everyone draws manga eyes differently, but I'd still give them a more definition, like pupils. Solid color makes them looks glassy.

eyesv.png

Edited by zellychan

Thumbs can be hard since to be honest they are longer than we generally think, they just start down closer to the wrist than fingers do. One of the things that can greatly change the length appearance is how your fingers curved and the flap of skin connecting your pointer finger and your thumb. Here's sorta what I'm talking about. (Looking at your hand in the pose you want in a great way to improve this.) Also don't forget details like the wrinkle lines on your knuckles, these can help visualize fingers.

handsl.png

Ditto what monke said about the hat. Imagine it moved down so that the brim is just a little above his eyebrows.

Only other thing I'd work on is the eyes. Everyone draws manga eyes differently, but I'd still give them a more definition, like pupils. Solid color makes them looks glassy.

eyesv.png

Thank's for the guide, I'll try to work on the eyes. I also have some trouble making sideviews of faces. Do you have any tips on that?

Is it intentional that those are lyrics from the Portal Ending Song? :wizard:

Yes it is..