Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ssj4buu

Billions On Runescape?

I know a ton of people on RS have like billions of coins. How the heck did they get so much? Has to be merchanting on the G.E right?

or hacking or duping

and before the ge obviously

I think the uber-rich are rarer than you think. You have to remember that there's a finite number of coins in runescape -- the only things they come from are monster drops and alching things (sure, random event rewards and all that, but still -- alching is easily the most common way coins get added to the economy). A remarkably great amount of wealth in runescape is in items instead.

Getting really lucky with those Christmas Crackers or something like that, or just no living for a LONG TIME.

or hacking or duping

don't forget pking :box:

whats duping? :wizard:

Merchanting, bro. Or from playing in 2001, then quitting for a while, and coming back to find out that the stupid little cracker you had 8 years ago is now worth multi millions.

I think the uber-rich are rarer than you think. You have to remember that there's a finite number of coins in runescape -- the only things they come from are monster drops and alching things (sure, random event rewards and all that, but still -- alching is easily the most common way coins get added to the economy). A remarkably great amount of wealth in runescape is in items instead.

I thought you could get several piles of max cash?

or hacking or duping

don't forget pking :box:

whats duping? :wizard:

old glitch to duplicate party hats

purple was the rarest so people duped it the most

BAM now its cheapest

Either they stocked up on x-mas crackers/other rares when they were pretty worthless, or lucky merching, or no lifing for like years -_-

MOST of the rich work hard for their GP :wizard:.

As

26/76king I would guess mainly. But when lending cameout you could dismantle godswords and you got the blade and handle and they got the sword back. Made my buddy John, like craploads of money. He showed em to me and he had like 500 Godswords x_x Im so jealous of him :'(

Pking and merching. Runecrafting also.Pking if you good can get around 50-100mil a week, runecrafting is like 900k an hour. So do that for a long time and yea u get a billion. Merching umm thats like something I find hard to explain because the profit varies.

I know a few who would be considered extremely rich. Some of it from rares, boss hunting (30m d claws add upfast) and the likes. Another is merching. For example..

megacharmage003620l.png

(toony)

And yes, he has the money to use all of them, and still be hugely rich.

It isn't actually that hard to get rich, the hard part is staying rich or keeping your focus to get more rich.

As soon as you have some money you tend to spend it on stuff you really don't need such as a whip or santa or fury or a myriad other things, which promptly decrease in value and/or simply don't have the money you previously had to make more.

Too many people change what they do, people keep telling me to merchant rares but I for one know i'd be terrible at it, I do well with sharks and teleport tablets...

If you find your niche then don't change it simply because someone tells you to, monster hunting is not for everyone.

Of course some people simply got handed rares on a plate but even back then they weren't rich...that happened in time for the people who were focused enough to keep hold of their stuff and not decide that a whip is shinier.

MOST of the rich work hard for their GP :wizard:.

As

SOMEONE had to think reasonable.

Thanks As.

And people do get lucky with visage or hilt drops.

Some people just have lots of time on their hands or something that prevents them from doing much else. It takes a lot of time to get 1 billion coins in Runescape. I don't believe anyone could spend that much time on a computer and enjoy it the whole time.

And people do get lucky with visage or hilt drops.

A billion compared to 17 mil (visage) or 80 mil (armadyl hilt) is'nt much. You'd have to get like 10 armadyl hilts in a row. And to mention that a hilt takes hours of gameplay to get.

A few of my irl friends who are now retired have near max cashpiles from staking in early rs2.

let's not forget macroing!

What I do is buy as many green dragon hides as I can, remembering to leave enough for tanning. I tan the hides and sell them back. Buy and sell for market price. Makes currently 150k everytime I do it. It takes money to make money! (start small)

I know a few who would be considered extremely rich. Some of it from rares, boss hunting (30m d claws add upfast) and the likes. Another is merching. For example..

megacharmage003620l.png

(toony)

im richer than that tbh.. the 100k crimsons are nice though..

I think there are more people with 1b+ cash than you would expect out there...

megacharmage003620l.png

(toony)

Thats not all his money.... :wizard:

megacharmage003620l.png

(toony)

Thats not all his money.... :wizard:

no pic no proof.. my point was that this is quite bad proof that someone has 1b+