Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scrum

11th September

the day after tomorrow is september 12th ;D

and yes it is sad but i (don't) like it how no one gives a ..... about the attacks on Spain or England just to name a few of other attacks.

I know a lot of people who deeply care about the 7/7 bombings and the Madrid Train Bombings.

I don't remember too much about it, except that I was in first grade, and at the YMCA when my mom told me what happened. I remember it was weird to think about how two buildings could be gone forever so suddenly.

Also, my dad was in Sacramento on a business trip when it happened. Obviously all the airlines went down so he had to drive home. He drove cross country (I live in MA) in three days of non stop driving. He actually got the rental car he used for free, which gives me a little bit more faith in human decency. :wizard: I guess now it's kinda scary to think about the fact that just a few days before 9/11 he took off from Logan airport on a cross country flight.

I was a senior in college at the time. I was in a hotel room and watched the 2nd plane crash life on tv...

In August of 2001, I was in NYC with my wife (gf at the time) and we have a picture of us on the boat to out to Lady Liberty with the towers in the background.

First thing i said when i heard about it was "Someone finally did it eh?" a little insensitive but meh, people seem to not realise that theres been countless attempts to blow up the towers it was only a matter of time before someone realised a car bomb or a hummer filled with TNT wasn't gonna cut it. I was 13 at the time i believe so grade 7?

EDIT: Coincidentally i was reading a book about all sorts of failed terrorist attacks a few hours before.

*Insert conspiracy theory here*

Edited by Meidou

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-swinefludeath-story,0,3647008.story

I knew him and every facebook status has his name on it. This is terrible :wizard:

I was a senior in college at the time. I was in a hotel room and watched the 2nd plane crash life on tv...

In August of 2001, I was in NYC with my wife (gf at the time) and we have a picture of us on the boat to out to Lady Liberty with the towers in the background.

First thing i said when i heard about it was "Someone finally did it eh?" a little insensitive but meh, people seem to not realise that theres been countless attempts to blow up the towers it was only a matter of time before someone realised a car bomb or a hummer filled with TNT wasn't gonna cut it. I was 13 at the time i believe so grade 7?

EDIT: Coincidentally i was reading a book about all sorts of failed terrorist attacks a few hours before.

Well really, the WTC was only attacked once before that.

An excerpt from a short essay I wrote on my deviantArt page last September,

I was 25, and at work. A fellow co-worker's mother called her and told her what happened. We turned on the t.v. in the medical library (I worked in a hospital's medical records' dept.) just in time to see the second plane hit. It was almost surrealistic. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. I wanted to find out that it was someone's sick idea of a joke. Then I was scared because it was no joke. There was panic over what was going to happen next. Nobody knew how many more planes might be hijacked and where they might head next. We were worried because there was a military base not too far away. Were they going after military targets next? Nobody knew.

I was young enough I wanted to just go to my parent's house and be with them. I was old enough I had to suck it up and continue to work. Patient's lives can depend on whether their doctors get their medical records in time. Life continues even as life is lost.

I remember how quiet the sky was. We had an international airport nearby but, for so long afterwards, I couldn't hear a plane; strange in this modern age. The first day they let air traffic resume the planes sounded almost unusually loud to my ears.

Lest we forget the evil of terrorism wherever it is found in this world. Whomever it has affected in this world, Remember!

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-swinefludeath-story,0,3647008.story

I knew him and every facebook status has his name on it. This is terrible :wizard:

Well really, the WTC was only attacked once before that.

Once with any notable success the book i read may have been unreliable or i might have read it wrong (it was in Japanese which although it was my first language i can't read it worth shizzle) but according to the book there were quite a few plots that ended up getting spanked before the guy could get anywhere near the towers.

My personal favorite in failed terror attacks was the failure to attack Glasgow's airport.

"I kicked the terrorist in the balls so hard, I tore a tendon in me foot"

My personal favorite in failed terror attacks was the failure to attack Glasgow's airport.

that's a classic

:wizard: Read about it in Cracked.com :box:

and yes it is sad but i (don't) like it how no one gives a ..... about the attacks on Spain or England just to name a few of other attacks.

:box: don't start with this again please.

I was six when it happened... I must have been at school I guess. I just remember coming home and seeing it on TV, and that day we were voting for aldermen or something and I went to the fire station with my mom to vote, and all the firefighters were gone :wizard: (I live in Connecticut, so I guess they went to NYC to help out). That kinda freaked me out.

When 9/11 happened, I was in kindergarten; all I can remember is that I got out of school early that day. :box:

I do not understand why there are even ANY conspiracy theories about this, it was one of the biggest tragedies ever, and people start conspiracy theories? Before you know it, they'll start attacking the existence of gravity. :wizard:

Second grade at the time. Ha no idea what happened until the following day. Also knew somebody who was planning to take one of those planes (flight 93 I think it was) but missed the flight.

My heart goes out to the thousands of third world children that die each day in slow, agonizing ways.

The world seems to have forgotten about them, or maybe they just don't care.

Compared to the other countless horrible acts that occur around the world on a daily basis and are dismissed like nothing, September 11th is nothing but piss in the ocean, it's only importance being that it happened in America "the center of the universe".

Edited by TheBlackSuperman

What does that have to do with anything.

Edited by Adam?

When 9/11 happened, I was in kindergarten; all I can remember is that I got out of school early that day. :box:

I do not understand why there are even ANY conspiracy theories about this, it was one of the biggest tragedies ever, and people start conspiracy theories? Before you know it, they'll start attacking the existence of gravity. :wizard:

Well you don't know 100% what happened on there so even that 0.1% could be anything

My heart goes out to the thousands of third world children that die each day in slow, agonizing ways.

Compared to the other countless horrible acts that occur around the world on a daily basis and are dismissed like nothing, September 11th is nothing but piss in the ocean, it's only importance being that it happened in America "the center of the universe".

mmhmm

Man, i remember this dreadful day. I was there in Queens, New York when it happened, I saw the planes crash into the Trade Centers and the Trade centers falling down with my own two eyes on my porch or deck or what ever its called of my apartment with my dad :box:

I also remember smoke coming all over my house and people crying. It smelled like hell in New York for 6 months in places that were close to the Trade Centers (like my house :wizard:)

Today is the ..8th anniversary?

EDIT: And did you guys realize that 9/11 is related to 9-1-1 because 9/11 was the day of emergency and 9-1-1 is the thing you dial to get help

Edited by Tequilaivy

I didn't care and I still don't. Harsh, but it really didn't affect me at all. I was in third or fourth grade at the time, and it still hasn't affected me directly.

I was the ripe old age of 6! And I remember waking up and my Mum told me TV kid shows weren't going to be on TV that day because of the news, and she refused to tell me what had happened :wizard:.

I don't think much of it, as many of you has said, because it didn't affect me at all.

As

I live in the Jolly ol' town of England. And even I don't really care about the bombs, those so called "terror attacks" only due to most people thinking London is the only place in the UK.

I know it's one of the largest cities in the world but the fact is terrorist can't seem to figure out they could cause more chaos in other places :wizard:.

I remember just sitting in class, getting school work done, when all of a sudden the teacher started letting kid sleave and calling parents to pick us up. Everybody was leaving the school. Lol much?

I try not to think about it much, mostly because today is my sis' birthday.

A TV was wheeled into my classroom, and all of us, we were in 3rd grade, wanted to go to recess that day.

AND WE DIDN'T GET TO! :box:

Yeah, that's awful.

Fail :wizard:

Not everyone cares unfortunately.

I was the ripe old age of 6! And I remember waking up and my Mum told me TV kid shows weren't going to be on TV that day because of the news, and she refused to tell me what had happened :/.

I don't think much of it, as many of you has said, because it didn't affect me at all.

As

I'm fed up with Americas news being broadcast in the UK all the time, Even if it is a superpower country. Someone who shouted "You Lie!" to Obama was the main headline for the day.

I'm fed up with Americas news being broadcast in the UK all the time, Even if it is a superpower country. Someone who shouted "You Lie!" to Obama was the main headline for the day.

America is one of world's top superpower. If such events happen like it did they have a backlash and knock on effect. The UK sometimes follow suit with the US due to the UK thinking there big players but we really not.

We just focus on the more important issues like become a Nanny State.

:wizard: Whats sad is that we (America) tought them guys how to fly. Shanksville, where the D.C plane landed is an hour from my house.

I think I was still in preschool or kindergarten or something, so it happened when I was still at home. Didn't go to school.

The next few days I drew a few pictures of planes flying into buildings, but I still didn't really understand it.