Sal's RuneScape Forum
Jose0

Football

Demba Ba is a tank

Also Tim Howard is pro, but nobody can deny his goal was mostly due to wind :D

The last few weeks of football have been great, can't wait for Swindon's two cup ties in the next under a week! :(

To every Man United fan. TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

But one thing I do hate, I have seen serious people claiming Fergie should leave. Some people are fudgeing crazy, years of unprecedented success and after two losses he should be sacked. Wtf?

But one thing I do hate, I have seen serious people claiming Fergie should leave. Some people are fudgeing crazy, years of unprecedented success and after two losses he should be sacked. Wtf?

I don't even care, I just hope this run stretches for a while. It's so funny watching my friends slowly crawl into their shell after years of picking on my Swindon-love.

I don't even care, I just hope this run stretches for a while. It's so funny watching my friends slowly crawl into their shell after years of picking on my Swindon-love.

Minnow teams for life!

Henry back at Arsenal, how do the Arsenal fans in the vicinity feel?

Now I'm not an Arsenal fan, but it is nice to see him back :(. Sadly, I think he's past his best, I don't really know how much he'll add to them as a whole, however I would like it if he came back and stunned everyone in these two months.

It'll probably help Arsenal - I doubt he'll play much but even having him in the dressing room would help the team.

Meanwhile, I basically forgot about football for a month and it seems Atletico have sacked their manager and sold Reyes. But Diego Simeone is in charge so we'll be amazing soon.

It'll probably help Arsenal - I doubt he'll play much but even having him in the dressing room would help the team.

Meanwhile, I basically forgot about football for a month and it seems Atletico have sacked their manager and sold Reyes. But Diego Simeone is in charge so we'll be amazing soon.

Is Diego Simeone a tried and tested manager? I get the feeling he might have had a job in Argentina or somewhere rubbish in Europe...

Is Diego Simeone a tried and tested manager? I get the feeling he might have had a job in Argentina or somewhere rubbish in Europe...

He won the Argentinian League twice, with two different teams, and spent some time at Catania and helped them avoid relegation. He's not particularly tested at this level, but I think he was partly hired because he was such a key part of Atletico winning the double in 1996.

I partly love him for getting Beckham sent off in the '98 World Cup.

He won the Argentinian League twice, with two different teams, and spent some time at Catania and helped them avoid relegation. He's not particularly tested at this level, but I think he was partly hired because he was such a key part of Atletico winning the double in 1996.

Fair enough, I'm all for rookies getting a chance

But loving him for getting Beckham sent off is stupid, considering the extent that Beckham was needlessly vilified. I still maintain that he's one of the best players we've ever produced, and he was one of my footballing idols as a kid (leading me to be a hybrid of him and a slow Michael Owen)

But loving him for getting Beckham sent off is stupid, considering the extent that Beckham was needlessly vilified. I still maintain that he's one of the best players we've ever produced, and he was one of my footballing idols as a kid (leading me to be a hybrid of him and a slow Michael Owen)

I'm sure if I had been watching it at the time I would have been annoyed, but looking back it's pretty fun.

Also, Michael Owen was far better.

I'm sure if I had been watching it at the time I would have been annoyed, but looking back it's pretty fun.

Also, Michael Owen was far better.

He was back in the day, but for sustainability, Beckham could still play in the CL imo whereas Owen probably couldn't. Owen was in a crop of some of the best strikers I've every watched (with Ronaldo, Sheva, Henry, etc), and Beckham has insane ability with dead balls, and I'd like to think I'm a much worse version of a mix of both of them. Definitely growing up I looked up to them a lot, and I never liked Man U or Liverpool really.

I found myself watching some football from circa 2002-2004, that was my favourite era. Zidane at his peak as well as the rest that I mentioned, Swindon doing moderately well (at least, I was unaware of the financial dire straits we were in), and some magical tournaments (Euro 2004 being the best I've ever seen).

I still love football but it lacks that amazing spark that it used to.

Swindon win 2-1 against Wigan! Connell and Benson! YEEEEEEEEES.

Paolo di Caniooooooo

Weekend of FA cup, I know everyone loves the 3rd round and all the associated romance, but to be honest I don't give a toss about it .

United vs City tomorrow, that'll be good, I hope City win so it's 3 straight losses for United.

Traitor. :(

Weekend of FA cup, I know everyone loves the 3rd round and all the associated romance, but to be honest I don't give a toss about it .

United vs City tomorrow, that'll be good, I hope City win so it's 3 straight losses for United.

Traitor. :(

But Swindon beat Wigan today!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you dislike a round where stuff like that happens?

I agree on the Manchester point though

But Swindon beat Wigan today!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you dislike a round where stuff like that happens?

I agree on the Manchester point though

But in the grand scheme of things, Wigan weren't going to win the Cup and neither will Swindon (Sorry :(), so it doesn't change too much. It is nice for smaller teams to make an upset, but in the end they'll be beaten by a team with much bigger resources, budgets and squads.

Forgot to talk about the City-United game:

• Wasn't a red card, it's now impossible to make a tough tackle these days, they're all pansies these days.
  • City, in the second half, where epic despite being a man down, unlucky not to get a replay
  • Jones didn't have a great game, even though I like him.
  • Manchini's post match interview was funny.

Edited by White Man

I still feel like United would have edged it. Maybe because i'm a United supporter :(

The referee was a shambles though. Two-footed tackle maybe, but somehow I doubt that would have happened if it were not Man Utd vs Man City. Giggs did a similar tackle later (not two-footed, but from behind) and there wasn't even a yellow. Nani didn't even go to ground. A shame.

I agree with Goggie. :(

Although I reckon that it'd have been a totally different game.

Fourth round predictions:

Brighton or Wrexham v Newcastle

Sunderland v Middlesbrough

Dagenham & Redbridge or Millwall v Southampton

Hull City v Crawley

MK Dons or QPR v Chelsea

West Brom v Norwich

Blackpool v Sheffield Wednesday

Arsenal or Leeds v Aston Villa

Stevenage v Notts County

Watford v Tottenham

Liverpool v Manchester United

Derby v Stoke City

Everton v Fulham

Macclesfield or Bolton v Swansea

Sheffield United v Birmingham or Wolves

Nottingham Forest or Leicester v Swindon

U. Leiria 0-4 Benfica (Bruno César 9', Cardozo 48', Rodrigo 73' 75')

Sporting drew 0-0 with Porto yesterday so we now have 2 more points than Porto and 8 than Sporting. :(

sup im back

Pathetic second half display

The fact that fergie is recalling goddamn scholes isn't a good sign

Yes he's an england legend but the thing is

he's like 37.

btw for those who hope that united don't win anything

Community shield gg

EDIT:

Jones is playing bad because he's being overused

ffs he's not supposed to play every goddamn game. Fergie could of rested him and played one of the Da Silvas

Edited by Conspicuous

sup im back

he's like 37.

btw for those who hope that united don't win anything

Community shield gg

EDIT:

Jones is playing bad because he's being overused

ffs he's not supposed to play every goddamn game. Fergie could of rested him and played one of the Da Silvas

Agree on Jones, but he should be playing good when played. Usually there's a few good points, but the last few games he's been dire.

Wouldn't call Scholes an England legend though, one of the best players who've played for England in recent years, but he ditched them before his prime and never did anything of note due to not being able to really.

he's like 37.

Scholes made a couple of dodgy mistakes that almost cost the game, yes... but ignoring that his control was the best out of all the players on the pitch. Useful player to have for half a season, especially when Man Utd's defence is so incredibly useless every now and then. The guy has ten premiership and two champions league winners medals, has to be worth something, even at 37.

Why is everyone supporting City? Whatever happened to the principle of being against clubs who get super rich owners, and buy every single amazing player they can convince to come along? :(

he's like 37.

Scholes made a couple of dodgy mistakes that almost cost the game, yes... but ignoring that his control was the best out of all the players on the pitch. Useful player to have for half a season, especially when Man Utd's defence is so incredibly useless every now and then. The guy has ten premiership and two champions league winners medals, has to be worth something, even at 37.

Why is everyone supporting City? Whatever happened to the principle of being against clubs who get super rich owners, and buy every single amazing player they can convince to come along? :(

Main reason why I still to this day disapprove of Chelski

Btw, Scholes' control was bloody brilliant. However, we need a new permanent creative CM but I don't think Fergie will part ways from his philosophy