Sal's RuneScape Forum
Jose0

Football

Not sure what's going on with Swindon at the moment - but nobody does. This takeover saga is dragging on. ps. as requested, I am here Goggie!

Good to see you back here :P

I can't work out what's happening to Brentford, they've been going through a really bad spell recently. At least we've got a win again now. The absolutely shocking performances by Premier league teams tonight cheered me up though.

I never meant to leave actually, just kept forgetting to visit as when I left this thread was fairly inactive!

Brentford are still doing quite well though, it's incredible how tight it is at the top of the league at the moment. I still stand by my suggestion that Swindon will win it though ;)

Not sure what's going on with Swindon at the moment - but nobody does. This takeover saga is dragging on. ps. as requested, I am here Goggie!

Good to see you back here :P

I can't work out what's happening to Brentford, they've been going through a really bad spell recently. At least we've got a win again now. The absolutely shocking performances by Premier league teams tonight cheered me up though.

I never meant to leave actually, just kept forgetting to visit as when I left this thread was fairly inactive!

Brentford are still doing quite well though, it's incredible how tight it is at the top of the league at the moment. I still stand by my suggestion that Swindon will win it though ;)

They are still doing fairly well, but there was so much promise that this season was going to be different, perhaps actually vying for the automatic promotion. Too often we get to the playoffs then it all goes wrong D:

Oh dear Liverpool :/

Northampton looking good for a play-off place, maybe they can nick a promotion spot.

lol Arsenal looking forward to another trophyless season

Brentford away to Chelsea tomorrow, Shatnering my pants in excitement and trepidation

Well there aren't any lower league teams to lose to in the CL, so they might have a better chance there haha

Swindon are now 6th in League 1 but could go second if they beat Tranmere and even possibly go top (on goal difference) depending on the Crawley-Doncaster game

Crazy league

Edited by Scrum

Good result for united and the cup draw is so unfair on us, constant stream of Premier League clubs. In other news... TWO WEEKS AGO ORIENT BEAT LEAGUE LEADERS TRANMERE OMFG 25 YARD WEAK FOOT VOLLEY AND YOU CAN SEE MY BELT, BLURRED FACE AND LOWER REGIONS OF MY BODY ON THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE SHOW!!!! Off to Orient on Saturday, hopefully we can get a win!!

Benfica signed two Serbian players for the next season: Ajax's Sulejmani, and Heerenveen's Filip Djuricic whom apparently Manchester United was interested in. So yeah suck it Goggie, Tubby, Hilly & other Sal's Man U supporters!! :P

Can't say I know much about them other than that Ajax seems to be extremely pissed off because Sulejmani refused to renew is contract so he must be at least decent, and that Djuricic is a very promising player.

Fulham, Reading now Chelsea in the FA Cup, mixed in with Madrid and title race, shows we have more quality than many give us credit for this season. Roll on end of season ;)

Fulham, Reading now Chelsea in the FA Cup, mixed in with Madrid and title race, shows we have more quality than many give us credit for this season. Roll on end of season ;)

Fulham/Reading are pushovers. Even Liverpool can thrash them LOL (Inb4 Oldham)

Chelsea is your first big test

Chelsea is your first big test

Ye m8 Madrid are a pushover

First big test in the FA cup* My bad

Benfica signed two Serbian players for the next season: Ajax's Sulejmani, and Heerenveen's Filip Djuricic whom apparently Manchester United was interested in. So yeah suck it Goggie, Tubby, Hilly & other Sal's Man U supporters!! :P

Can't say I know much about them other than that Ajax seems to be extremely pissed off because Sulejmani refused to renew is contract so he must be at least decent, and that Djuricic is a very promising player.

They are pissed off because Sulejmani was an extremely expensive player (around 15m) for Ajax.

He wasn't that great tbh.

Buzzing for Liverpool vs Zenit, travelling 2 1/2 hours north to watch it!

Edited by Jacky

Milan x Barcelona was fun to watch, especially because Barcelona lost haha. I was rooting for Milan as hard as if they were my own team, and I don't even like Milan that much lol.

Benfica x Bayer Leverkusen tonight, I think we should be able to win comfortably or at least draw in the worst of cases.

Benfica x Bayer Leverkusen tonight, I think we should be able to win comfortably or at least draw in the worst of cases.

The way results are going at the moment, I don't even know. On paper yes, but [insert comment about magic of Cup football/unpredictability here]

I officially love Berlusconi :wub:

There are delightful ways to torture a person to an inch from madness, and all of them are reserved for YOU. Céline Dion will be involved. :grindteeth:

Milan x Barcelona was fun to watch
Jesus, man, what game did you watch? The game was the definition of 'booooooooooooooring', except for El Shaarawy's assist which was...exquisite to say the least.

Milan x Barcelona was fun to watch
Jesus, man, what game did you watch? The game was the definition of 'booooooooooooooring', except for El Shaarawy's assist which was...exquisite to say the least.

Any match Barcelona loses is a fun match to watch. :P

Liverpool gonna rape yo...

I'm assuming you cut off when you realised the folly of your optimism

Unlucky result, Chelski undeservedly going through and Liverpool (perhaps) undeservedly going out.

Now we can only hope that we see Bradford City in the Europa League, because that would be smegging epic

Unlucky result, Chelski undeservedly going through and Liverpool (perhaps) undeservedly going out.

Now we can only hope that we see Bradford City in the Europa League, because that would be smegging epic

Naa I was in the midst of the hype

Naa I was in the midst of the hype

Get hyper

*KSI*

1. Swindon P32 PTS 58

2: Bournemouth P33 PTS 58

3. Doncaster P32 PTS 58

4. Sheff Utd P32 PTS 57

5. Yeovil P32 PTS 57

6. Tranmere P33 PTS 56

7. Brentford P31 PTS 54

Holy crap League 1 is amazing this year

Edited by Goggie

Benfica 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen (Ola John 60', Matic 77'; Schürrle 75')

If the match had ended right after our first goal I would have considered it a very unfair result for Bayer Leverkusen. Not that they were playing that much better than us, was pretty even statistically actually, but they had the best goal opportunities. After their goal Benfica improved significantly, we created quite a few good goal opportunities and we could've scored more one or two goals. So in the end I think it was good result, and a deserved win.