Sal's RuneScape Forum
Jose0

Football

International duty has finished now until October. Arsenal vs Man City will be a good game hopefully and Newcastle will carry on playing terrible. Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs should also win.

Happy that we picked up Rodriguez, but he's nowhere near as good as Di Maria was.

Everybody I know is of the same opinion. Idk what Real Madrid's higher ups were thinking.

And Real (Without Ronaldo) is losing 4-2 against Real Sociedad as I post this...

That was a nightmare.

I hope we can bounce back though, Kroos is looking promising imo

That result was disastrous. I wasn't pleased at all with the performance. The first fifteen minutes I was watching the game and laughing at the dominance they were exerting and it just all went to shambles.

I believe Kroos was a fantastic signing for Real but he doesn't deputize the midfield in the way Alonso did. Alonso was a quintessential holding midfield player. All of the transition from the back line to the midfielders and beyond came through him. The Di Maria loss was also hard to bear considering he had the work rate of a race horse and pace and creativity all mixed with loads of other things. It was hard to see him go and I do question a lot of Perez's transfer activity this summer.

Ancelotti is responsible for finding the balance in the Real side again similarly to last season. My best guess is that he would use Sami Khedira or Illara in the holding midfield role to replace Alonso to give Kroos more attacking freedom, or make Kroos be more disciplined and sit closer to the back line.

The 5-1 result in the CL during the midweek looked a lot more promising to me though, hopefully it progressively gets better as the season goes on.

Read somewhere that DC Comics want to sue Valencia because the bat in their crest resembles Batman's too much in their opinion. Bloody hilarious considering the bat is part of Valencia (the club) since it's creation about 20 years before Batman was created + the bat has been part of the Spanish heraldry since the 13th century.

Can't wait for this fight:

24XuqeM.png

Edited by Micael Fatia

What happened to Benfica man? I only tuned in last week to see them crashing out of Europe completely.

Did you see our group? All decent teams +- at our level, was pretty tough. We were the only team in the group who managed not to lose against the group winners Monaco (1 W 1 D), but we didn't do too good against Zenit and Bayer Leverkusen. We had the motivation and the quality to beat Zenit playing home but we suffered an early goal and got a player sent off soon after so we had no chance to recover, and the match away we played better than them but Danny ended up scoring a goal in a lucky manner towards the end (during a period of the match I felt we were dominating). Against Leverkusen we played horribly away and deserved to lose but the home match was pretty even (and we weren't even playing at full force seeing as at that point we were already out of the European competitions).

But yeah a combination of bad performances in key matches and lack of luck got us out of the CL (and the EL).

Edit: Edited my post a little, some parts didn't make much sense.

Edited by Micael Fatia

liverpool are shizzle

I would post an angry retort if you weren't right

Also, I totally wanted a Liverpool-Inter pairing in the EL :P

liverpool are shizzle

I would post an angry retort if you weren't right

Also, I totally wanted a Liverpool-Inter pairing in the EL :P

HAVE YOU SEEN, HAVE YOU SEEN, HAVE YOU SEEN GERRARD WIN THE LEAUGE??? HAAAVE YOU SEEN GEERRARRD WIN THE LEAGUE??

sorry 3-0 makes me v happy

v v happy

vvvhappy

EXTREMELY HAPPY

Get ready people the greatest team of all time, Independiente de Avellaneda, will be back to it's former glory in 3-4 years!! Not even that noob Ronaldo will be able to stop us :P

Benfica supporters singing the Portuguese version of "I Wish You A Merry Christmas" to Porto supporters at the end of the league match Benfica won 2-0 not even a full week ago. Benfica is the visitor team, you can see all the Porto supporters around without reaction lmfao.

:santa:

Benfica supporters singing the Portuguese version of "I Wish You A Merry Christmas" to Porto supporters at the end of the league match Benfica won 2-0 not even a full week ago. Benfica is the visitor team, you can see all the Porto supporters around without reaction lmfao.

:santa:

Wish It was like that here, only local fans in all matches :(

utd cementing their europa league spot

3rd place pretty solid m9

halfway in the season pal. enjoy the downfall

as long as liverpool doesn't fall back any more I'm happy

thought they were bottom of the table already

thought they were bottom of the table already

shush, you

Lol hoping for Liverpool not to fall back even more is like hoping for Benfica to win the Europa League hahahahaha!! :rofl:

... wait, damnit! :unsure:

I quickly googled "Benfica" to check if they're still first in the league (they apparently are), but missed the "B" in front and landed here:

Accidentally expanding musical knowledge via typos, fudge yeah