Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Candi

New Pet Rats

I am creeped out by the plain white ones, but my sister had multicolored ones, I dont mind them :wizard:

So where is Fake and the other male rats going to go?

So where is Fake and the other male rats going to go?

I'm not keeping all the females :rich: I'm only keeping 2 out of the 30 kittens, the rest will be going to new homes :box:

And candi, cool pets...i wish i had one =/

1 2 3 all together now, AAAawwwwwww!!!! :rich: :P

they are all soooo cute, :box: :D

wish i could have some, :D

but ours are all sorted out now, on whos the boss and that lot, .. and honey the siamese is funny with other rats, (as Noogie, the black hooded is her BF, lol

she's ok with Leo (silver mink bershire) and tatty, the russian blue.. as those two are an item too, lol

(Tatty is the Alpha female! and Honey thinks she is, lol but it's lionheart who keeps them all in order, thank goodness, :P

the boy's have been de-balled tho, so no babies. lol

we had there pom pom's taken off when they were reaching there teenage years, as they used to bicker and squabble all the time, once we'd done that to them, they we're back to normal again, :P

and now the boys are 2 years and 1 month old, :D

Here's some names i can think of,

Oh! have you watched Willard? the rat horror movie, its lovely.. so many cute rats, not very scary either...lol

(It's only scary if your scared of rats! lol

"Rats.. they seem so inocent, yet they plan to take over the world.. lol

Socrates - after the lovely white rat in Willard.

Ben - after big ben, the gambian pouched rat in Willard.

Emile.

Remy.

Scrabbers. Mr Scrabs.

Branden - after my beloved first pet rat, who only lived till 3months & 11 days old.. he would want another rat to be named after him, :P :P

Branden's memorial, gonetoosoon.org

:D :P

Sunflower

Ziggy Stardust - great for a black hooded, lol (was going to name Noogie that, but BF wouldnt have it. :D lol (noogie is pronounced Nuggey. :P

Razmataz

Sparky

Jigsaw aka Jiggy

Comet (after my fave horse at my old college) lol

Pluto

Jupiter

Mooney

Mr Moochick (from my little pony movie, that i watched when i was little... great name..lol

MooMin

Bagpuss

Hugh, Pew, Barney, Magrew, Coughbert, Dibble, Grub.

Rincewind

Binky

Mr Death!! :wizard: :/ lol

D'regs

Hubert

Mossy

Ogg

Salzella

Tulip

Polly

Rosie

Rufus

just afew, :D

And a video from Remy & Emile, teaches people about pet rats & why they are so great, (rat facts too)

Remy & Emile teach us about rats (youtube vid) i love this!

take care & big squishes to all.. Xx

Edited by Miss.death

Wow you've had lots of rats :wizard: No I've never seen Willard.

Here's some cute videos I've done over the last couple of days at 16 and 17 days old, thier eyes started to open yesterday ;D

I love when they clean themselves! :wizard: I have rabbits and I think it looks awesome when they clean themselves.

As

Awww.. they've gone a long way since they were born! :wizard:

Candi, if you see a friend request from some person on youtube called Questlol, that's me. ^_^

Rats, hamsters, rabbits etc are so cute when they clean themselves. :box:

(I has a rabbit named Dune)

EDIT: As, do you keep your rabbits in a hutch, or do you let them run around the garden during the day?

Edited by Whiskas88

ooooohhhh, so cute!!!

btw the your name's Deborah?

They're growing so quick now, I'll try to get updated pictures/videos of the babies in a couple of days ^_^

Finally here are new pictures, not many sadly as most of them end up as blurry rats :wizard: They're 4 weeks old today.

DSCF1516.jpg

DSCF1519.jpg

DSCF1522.jpg

Fake this one is yours that you wanted me to name after you :box:

DSCF1525.jpg

Holy cute :box: !!

Btw, what do they eat :wizard:

Rat/Gerbil pellets can be bought at pet stores.

I hate rats but those are pretty cute.

Rat/Gerbil pellets can be bought at pet stores.

I've got 4 rats, (those names were from horses i've looked after in the past, lol )

pet rats need more than that to be healthy and fit.. lol

also pet rats are easy to look after, but they do need alot of time and effort, and to be handled everyday so they dont become bitey and un-socialble.

and they are very inteligent too.

Mine eat rat nuggets bought from pets at home, that'd be put into a mix of different cereals, raw pasta spirel, mix dried fruit & nuts, to make a variation of the Shunamite diet, which has all the neutriance and goodness a rat needs. (this would be all mixed together and kept in a container)

here's the shunamite diet and what you'll need,

Shunamite diet - fancy-rats.co.uk

what i give my rats is a different diet based on that one, here's what they have: and it doesnt have to be pricey either.

1 box of each cereal, mixed in all together with the rest, in a large container.

Rat nuggets from [email protected] (as that has vits in, and all the goodness rats need)

uncooked pasta spirals ( morrisons own)

mixed dried fruit & nuts in a bag - morrisons supermarket. i get all of it from there.

mini shredded wheat

corn flakes (with no sugar)

mini weetabix with fruit bits in.

mini shreddies (without sugar)

golden nuggets (cereal)

crunchy nut clusters with strawberrys in - as the rats love them. ^_^

chocolate moons - from Lidl, as alittle treat in with all that.

--

that's there main diet, which i fill there 2 food bowls up with every 2/3 days depending how much they eat.

(they have food in there bowls, in there cage at all times, so they can help themselves to it whenever they like)

as some rats sleep in the day & some at night.

They also get the left-overs from at we eat, as they are aloud human food too.

so anything really.

they also get Yoggi drops, which can be found at, [email protected] too. as a treat.

along with Vitakraft corn & fruit sticks, which give them days of fun! lol

i tend to by Vitakraft yoggi's too as theres less rubbish in that brand. (less Ash & stuff)

they also get fresh veg cut up every week, as if you give them too uch fresh stuff they get the runs.

they also love peas, and you can make a game for them using them.

simply get a deepish baking tray or bowl, add water & pea's and watch them fish for peas. :)

for more information on pet rats & all you need to know, please visit the fany rats website, where you can get free info and ask questions too.

fancy rats website

as my post is long, lol

your rats are lovely, and there are afew branden's on there too :D (grey & white ones, with a V marking on there heads are called Huskey rats.)

hope this has been helpful from Sam aka miss death. (aka the mad rat woman, as people call me, lol

Finally here are new pictures, not many sadly as most of them end up as blurry rats :wizard: They're 4 weeks old today.

DSCF1516.jpg

DSCF1519.jpg

DSCF1522.jpg

Fake this one is yours that you wanted me to name after you :box:

DSCF1525.jpg

Omg Fake is so cute! So you're keeping them?

I feed them the Shunamite Diet that Miss Death posted about.

My boyfriend used to say that he hated them too, it's took me a good few years to persuade him to let me have them. Before I got them he said he wasn't going to hold them but he has :D He's especially in love with the babies we will be keeping which is great as they'll grow into fully grown rats that he will still love :P I knew I could turn him around ^_^

your rats are lovely, and there are afew branden's on there too :P (grey & white ones, with a V marking on there heads are called Huskey rats.)

hope this has been helpful from Sam aka miss death. (aka the mad rat woman, as people call me, lol

Thanks :) I knew all that info already as I've been going on that same website for some time now :P Thank you for all the info anyway :D

The ones I'm keeping out of those pictures are the two with Black faces hiding in the hoodie. I'd love to keep fake and another boy but sadly I haven't got space to permanently keep two large rat cages.

one thing is...i never seen rats that are sooo cute :wizard:

well.....i got two dogs, one male one female

the male is the son of the female dog. Their names are Flash and Debby :box:

Edited by Dude 1357911

I feed them the Shunamite Diet that Miss Death posted about.

My boyfriend used to say that he hated them too, it's took me a good few years to persuade him to let me have them. Before I got them he said he wasn't going to hold them but he has :D He's especially in love with the babies we will be keeping which is great as they'll grow into fully grown rats that he will still love :P I knew I could turn him around ^_^

your rats are lovely, and there are afew branden's on there too :P (grey & white ones, with a V marking on there heads are called Huskey rats.)

Thanks :) I knew all that info already as I've been going on that same website for some time now :P Thank you for all the info anyway :D

The ones I'm keeping out of those pictures are the two with Black faces hiding in the hoodie. I'd love to keep fake and another boy but sadly I haven't got space to permanently keep two large rat cages.

I understand.

These Rats are pretty cute.

You should train em and sell em to the circus :wizard:

Congrats on being a mother of rodent's? ^_^

Dont forget to name one Jogy like you promised :box:

:box: Why do I need to get them spayed if I'm not going to be keeping them with males? You do know they require a male rat to get pregnant, they can't magically get pregnant on their own
But from what I've read they still go into heat, which if nothing else makes them act weird for a while. ^_^

Plus spaying them does have some health benefits... this is just from going around on Google. Now that I think about it you've probably already done a lot of reading on this. :wizard: