Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Lookov

Runescape Getting Easy

I made this topic a bit ago and got flamed alot >_> so yeah i agree totally.

I made this topic a bit ago and got flamed alot >_> so yeah i agree totally.

IIRC, you talked more about the "make x" things, TC is talking about XP rates.

Not sure though, I'd like to double check, but you edited out the OP and I think most of the topic was nuked or something...

also jagex has added quit a few high level content that makes things harders:for example when they updated summoning with con they also made bandos alot harder as he now switches whenver he gets attack by a familiar which is quit common with using one of the elemental titans

Em................well yes and no you are true leveling is easier and monsters are easier to kill but the thing is it is also getting alot better at the same time like the graphics and lots of other stuff.I can not really say anything about it getting better or not because when I started RS it was already the same as it is now.

Not in an uncontrollable way. There are new methods and new ways of doing things, some of which can speed things up, but it's not getting to quite that stage. Yet.

Larryr was always going to get overtaken at some point if he stayed inactive, ZMI or no ZMI. Ranks don't last forever unless you get 200m, and even then they could always change the Highscores :/

I remember you making a 100M RC exp party topic for Phoenix Odin. and it was about June. :wizard: Thats 3 months for 57M Rc exp.

Edit: Well actually made in April, but 5 months for 57M RC exp is pretty crazy. :box: If it was 2006, 5 months for Rcing at bot level would be like... a bit less?

Edited by Tabmoc

First, I don't believe that "99s should only be for the top elite", I believe that, with enough time and effort, everyone should get to that level! I think that maxxing out your xp in a skill should only be for the top elite, though, which is what I first though people meant when they were complaining. The skillcapes update clearly showed that 99s were designed to become common. If people want to work harder for no additional perks, that's fine with me, but I believe that everything in RS should be attainable by anyone, with enough work, but without no-lifing.

And I think, as gamers, we don't really put as high a value on real life as we should. This game is meant for a distraction, a diversion (and I though it was kind of ironic to have a D&D section in RS itself), something to look forward to at the end of the day. One of the things that draws me to RS is the fact that everything I do, it is still there when I come back, which gives me a sense of accomplishment when I gain a level.

Also, I think that it dims the acheivement of other players when you say, "Back in the day, that actually meant something." For instance, Mastermax (mad max) just got 99 ranged! Would you go up to him and say that 99 Ranging is easy, that's it's not really an accomplishent at all? No, you'd at least say 'Gratz!'

Guest Emanick
For one of those insanely difficult quests, what about a quest that only shows up once your maxed? An all 99 quest where you kill some insanely high leveled monster by using each skill to get stuff to make the items to kill it? Idk just an idea :box:

Umm, No. That's not a high leveled quest, that's just a stupidly ridiculous quests.

I think it would be a fantastic idea. At least one 99 requirement quest, that would be pretty cool.

That would never happen because it would completely undermine the way quest capes are perceived. It would automatically become superior to the skill cape in question, not to mention any skill capes "easier to get" than that one. Jagex tries to have them on an equal level, on the surface at least, and this would destroy that balance.

However they are still catering to new players why older players are given little to do. Some insanely difficult quests would be nice to start off X.x.

Once again a quest theme has entered the realm of discussion. To put it very bluntly: There is no chance in hell Jagex will ever release an insanely difficult quest... They simply can't do that because of the existence of a quest cape. Imagine the outcry if only a handful of people would be able to regain that cape; mass desertion. What they could do, but probably won't, is to release a quest in the same style as legends. High requirements for a lot of skills, and all interested players scrambeling to meet the demands.

Why won't they do it? Just look at the last quest. Advertised as a 'Master quest' it is nothing more than a kick in the teeth for those who like questing. Master quest my foot. Jagex will not alienate the majority of players to keep a few higher levelled players happy. That said, it is about time they start thinking about combining hard skills into quests. A combination of 80 rc, 90 agi, 40 range, 40 strength, 40 def, 90 fm and 85 herb to even start a quest. Reward: a potion imbued with rc abilities. Loads of other things to consider. Will they do it? Nope...

Actually, you bring up an interesting point with that quest being a "Master Quest." It's listed as an "Experienced Quest" ingame, but a Master Quest in the Manual. Obviously a mistake, but it shows that even Jagex themselves are divided on what makes a quest truly masterful and what isn't.

Of course, we can ALL agree that that was NOT a master quest anyway, so it doesn't really matter. :wizard:

I have to agree in that I prefer the old style, cryptic, "mature" runescape the way it was 4-5 years ago. And I have also noticed some of the more cartoonish changes that seem to cater to the younger players.

For one of those insanely difficult quests, what about a quest that only shows up once your maxed? An all 99 quest where you kill some insanely high leveled monster by using each skill to get stuff to make the items to kill it? Idk just an idea :box:

Umm, No. That's not a high leveled quest, that's just a stupidly ridiculous quests.

I think it would be a fantastic idea. At least one 99 requirement quest, that would be pretty cool.

That would never happen because it would completely undermine the way quest capes are perceived. It would automatically become superior to the skill cape in question, not to mention any skill capes "easier to get" than that one. Jagex tries to have them on an equal level, on the surface at least, and this would destroy that balance.

However they are still catering to new players why older players are given little to do. Some insanely difficult quests would be nice to start off X.x.

Once again a quest theme has entered the realm of discussion. To put it very bluntly: There is no chance in hell Jagex will ever release an insanely difficult quest... They simply can't do that because of the existence of a quest cape. Imagine the outcry if only a handful of people would be able to regain that cape; mass desertion. What they could do, but probably won't, is to release a quest in the same style as legends. High requirements for a lot of skills, and all interested players scrambeling to meet the demands.

Why won't they do it? Just look at the last quest. Advertised as a 'Master quest' it is nothing more than a kick in the teeth for those who like questing. Master quest my foot. Jagex will not alienate the majority of players to keep a few higher levelled players happy. That said, it is about time they start thinking about combining hard skills into quests. A combination of 80 rc, 90 agi, 40 range, 40 strength, 40 def, 90 fm and 85 herb to even start a quest. Reward: a potion imbued with rc abilities. Loads of other things to consider. Will they do it? Nope...

Actually, you bring up an interesting point with that quest being a "Master Quest." It's listed as an "Experienced Quest" ingame, but a Master Quest in the Manual. Obviously a mistake, but it shows that even Jagex themselves are divided on what makes a quest truly masterful and what isn't.

Of course, we can ALL agree that that was NOT a master quest anyway, so it doesn't really matter. :wizard:

Same way how GWD was supposed to be a "Master Dungeon" and I thought it was pitiful and looked extremely rushed and poorly executed.

Anything, a new ability, a dungeon, a quest anything for people that have been very long term players would be nice X.X.

also jagex has added quit a few high level content that makes things harders:for example when they updated summoning with con they also made bandos alot harder as he now switches whenver he gets attack by a familiar which is quit common with using one of the elemental titans

Fresh with some 20k bones on each kill. :wizard:

Edited by Choccy

Does anyone else think runescape is rapidly becoming too easy?

The xp rates possible are just getting higher and higher. Doesnt this belittle the achievements of older legends? Apparently it was one of the reasons zezima quit. I also noticed that Larryr, after years on top of the RC highscores just got knocked down to number 2. I doubt this would have ever happened without the addition of the ZMI altar. I just cant see the reason for making runescape easier and easier.. maybe jagex are trying to get more kids to play, who at a younger age cant stick at tasks for as long. :wizard:

Imo there should always be a number of insane challenges in a game, and at the moment jagex are just picking them off one by one. Bit pathetic really.

Ya your one to talk about no challenges left mister 61 attack. Why don't you try doing some monsterhunting/pkin and tell me there are no challenges left in the game?

Go solo every GWD boss, and the Corp. Then tell me what you think.

~D

He talking about the easiness of leveling skills not the easiness of boss monsters.

its not getting easier the game is just advancing so you you dont have to use primitive repetative methods to train skills and if you want a challenge i dare you to be the first to solo the corpral beast or beat jad without prayer.

Been done, been done

defil3d solod the corp beast

someone from TLP killed jad without prayer.

its not getting easier the game is just advancing so you you dont have to use primitive repetative methods to train skills and if you want a challenge i dare you to be the first to solo the corpral beast or beat jad without prayer.

Been done, been done

defil3d solod the corp beast

someone from TLP killed jad without prayer.

Just because it has been done doesn't mean it's not a challenge.

I agree that Runescape has become a lot easier with Soul Wars, Stealing Creation, etc. For example, a skiller may have trained defence only with lamps or books of experience to have a low combat level but be able to wear dragon, or rune armour, but with Soul Wars they can get it a lot easier, and they don't even have to do anything while playing.

Edited by Trey

Does anyone else think runescape is rapidly becoming too easy?

The xp rates possible are just getting higher and higher. Doesnt this belittle the achievements of older legends? Apparently it was one of the reasons zezima quit. I also noticed that Larryr, after years on top of the RC highscores just got knocked down to number 2. I doubt this would have ever happened without the addition of the ZMI altar. I just cant see the reason for making runescape easier and easier.. maybe jagex are trying to get more kids to play, who at a younger age cant stick at tasks for as long. :wizard:

Imo there should always be a number of insane challenges in a game, and at the moment jagex are just picking them off one by one. Bit pathetic really.

Ya your one to talk about no challenges left mister 61 attack. Why don't you try doing some monsterhunting/pkin and tell me there are no challenges left in the game?

Sorry, maybe i should have worded the last sentence of my original post more carefully. I realise my acc seems nooby to some, and I have next to no hope of "completing" scape :box: What i was primarily trying to get across was, that one by one the extreme challenges that existed for players who completed 99's etc. a while ago have been lessened, lessening their achievements.