Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
audi72

Where Have All The Npc's Gone?

The wizards by the willow trees in Draynor are gone and so is Julian in Lumbridge. What's going on? Are there more npc's missing?

They also took away the mugger that you to hang around the Rune store in Varrock which was South of the bank.

Possibly they took away him and the wizard near the willows due to complaints from lower levels about getting killed? Then again I always thought that was the point to have those NPCs to not make those areas TOO accessible. Even though they easily were even with those NPCs.

They also took away the mugger that you to hang around the Rune store in Varrock which was South of the bank.

Possibly they took away him and the wizard near the willows due to complaints from lower levels about getting killed? Then again I always thought that was the point to have those NPCs to not make those areas TOO accessible. Even though they easily were even with those NPCs.

Oh that's right. I did notice the mugger and the GE workers weren't there. I just didn't think anything of it at the time. How odd.

Brb, Willows on level 3

Are they trying to promote afk training or something? :wizard:

Brb, Willows on level 3

My daughter was doing a job for Julian, and now that he's gone, she can't turn her stuff in and can't do a job for someone else, because she is in the middle of a job.

Brb, Willows on level 3

My daughter was doing a job for Julian, and now that he's gone, she can't turn her stuff in and can't do a job for someone else, because she is in the middle of a job.

they took out the joobs dood.

Brb, Willows on level 3

It's apart of the "newbie safety" campaign to further contradict their statement that this game isn't for children.

Brb, Willows on level 3

It's apart of the "newbie safety" campaign to further contradict their statement that this game isn't for children.

HUH? I just figured it might be a Halloween plot coming up where we have to figure out where all these people have disappeared to.

Brb, Willows on level 3

Are they trying to promote afk training or something? :box:

HUH? I just figured it might be a Halloween plot coming up where we have to figure out where all these people have disappeared to.

I would just love to see a story like that. I don't think I'd like to save that damn mugger though. :wizard:

Brb, Willows on level 3

Jagex said this game isn't aimed towards children, but older teens and adults. Instead of keeping it difficult in which the player would just have to run past the danger, Jagex made the game easier by removing the threats to low leveled players. I take that as a clear contradiction. It's apart of the Advisors and Objectives update. Read from the new tutorial section on down.

I think the mugger relocated .... he seems to be hanging out at the oaks near the saw mill now. Had to rescue a young 'un there the other day -- and I don't recall any mugger walking around there before.

To explain what Agent F said, with the update that made about half of the free play world map safe. That ment taking out the aggresive npcs.

To explain what Agent F said, with the update that made about half of the free play world map safe. That ment taking out the aggresive npcs.

Well, I hardly think Julian was an aggressive npc. When I started playing this game way back, I died many times trying to kill enemies that were too high for me. There is nothing wrong with new players learning the same way I did.

Well, I hardly think Julian was an aggressive npc. When I started playing this game way back, I died many times trying to kill enemies that were too high for me. There is nothing wrong with new players learning the same way I did.

To be honest I think that's one of the best ways. Better they learn the hard lessons early on and loose iron and bronze rather than be insulated from danger their F2P careers get membership and die loosing full rune and go off crying to their parents.

It's because those areas are now in the "Begginer Zone" so they can't have level 7 wizards running around killing level 3s.

I still think there shouldn't be any beginner zone at all.

Isn't it easy enough to understand? Uhhh wizard attacks you, you either run away or stand there and die. So...run away!

I see no use in removing the NPC's. I didn't leave the lumbridge area until I was like level 20...