Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Darth KJ

Lumbridge City Rewrite - 100% (spelling Check Appreciated).

11l0ydk.png

Even though the forum is pretty mature, there are young players who are reading the guides. Replace Damn with Darn please :)

I don't really see how Damn is different from Darn... (I honestly don't).

~Darth :wizard:

One is a swear word and one is isn't.

Even though I don't really know how you could consider it a swear word, I've changed it and I credited you.

Thanks for helping ^_^

ixseu8.png

~Darth :box:

Edited by Darth KJ

(Relating to the Advisor's house)

Sept2009-

I think we can say Sept2009-Present. It just seems more professional in my opinion.

You'll also find a Melee tutor, a Magic tutor and a Ranged tutor here ready to tell you about the basics in their allocated skill.

The Melee tutor's name is Harlan.

The Magic tutor's name is Mikasi.

The Ranged tutor's name is Nemarti.

And Harlan, the Melee tutor, will sell a Skillcape of Defence to all player who have achieved 99 Defence, in exchange for 99,000 coins.

This place is extremely popular as Cows give good experience

add "... in early levels." I don't think level 115s are going to be seen in the cow pen often.

(or wear Water tiara)

Let's be nitpicky and say that it should be "or wear a Water tiara".

Overall, I applaud you. Lumbridge is a very big town, even though it is noob city. Good organization and pictures :wizard:

What a wonderful quite and how wonderfully written ;-). The pictures are crisp and I Like the simple borders. I have a mere few grammatical changes for ye, sir.

The Melee dummies can help you train up your Melee and the Magic dummies will help you train up your Magic however, training against a dummy is never as good as training on the real thing so you'll get less experience here.

First, look at the blue text. They're controversial. You're saying one of them can, but the other will. Keep them the same :-) (I know, it's iffy and not a huge mistake).

Secondly, look at the Red. When you use the word however, you should use a semicolon to introduce it. "... will help you train up your magic; however, training against a..."

The Lumbridge Fishing Store is the perfect place for the Fisher to purchase his rods, nets, whatever he'll need to fish in the Lumbridge area. You can also sell the fish you get from any nearby area.

The first bolded word is grammatically correct; however, I feel as if it's incorrect. I'm not sure on the exact rule for this but I would say "...his rods, nets and whatever..."

The second bolded word is chosing a Sex. Can you do that? "One will"

The third set of bolded items gives the idea that you can only get supplies to fish in the Lumbridge area. I just don't want to give a false impression (although I do know what you are talking about).

The last set of bolded words is a simlar problem as the third. You can sell fish from any area, not just that area; however, chances are that any fish you sell there would be from the area.

The coup outside the front of his house is a useful place to obtain feathers and train your combat/magic/ranged skill if you are a low player.

I feel as if it would be easier and less mistaken if you said "...and for lower leveled players to train their combat/magic/ranged skills. You also said "skill" instead of "skills" when talking about 3 different skills.

West of the patch is a Yew Tree which you can cut for Yew Logs. This requires 60 Woodcutting.

Unless I'm mistaken (and I might be), aren't there more than one Yew Trees in the area?

North-east of here is the "Goblin house" which is fill of Goblins which newcomers like to train on. North-east of the Goblin house is the Cow Pen.

Typo :-)

Well you can enter it by walking through the Lumbridge graveyard and heading through the archway.

The well makes the sentence too long. I think there's supposed to be some indication of a pause. Possible corrections are to remove the well, add a "..." or a comma.

The perfect place for beginning Miners. You can mine any of the 5 Copper and 5 Tin rocks here. You're recommended to drop your ore here as it's quite a walk from the bank from here.

Beginning -> Beginner. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure? Beginning would describe what he's doing. A miner who is "beginning". Beginner would describe the person himself. You also did this on #16, for the Fishing spot.

North-west of the Fishing and Mining spots, there is the "Zanaris shed". While it's of little use to F2Pers, Members will find this shed useful as they can enter the city of Zanaris here by wielding a Dramen or a Lunar staff as they enter. You'll need to have completed the Lost City quest to enter Zanaris however. Inside the shed are two farming tools: a spade and a rake which can be taken.

First Bold: Comma not neccessary. Why pause?

Second Bold: Nothing wrong, but why include the here? We no where and it just sounds funny :-)

Third Bold: The however makes no sense. If anything, put it before that sentence and merge the prior sentence. "..by wielding a Dramen or Lunar staff as they enter; however, you will need to have completed the Lost City Quest." The "to enter Zanaris" is irrelevant because already shared prior.

Fourth Bold: While it grammatically makes sense, so what? They can be taken? It just sounds funny to me. I wouldn't include that or even say it before you introduce the list with the colon.

Head west of the Zanaris shed and you'll come across some mysterious ruins. Use a water talisman (or wear Water tiara) with the Center ruin and you'll be transported to a special altar where you can craft Water Runes using the Runecrafting skill.

Sounds Barbarian :wizard:. "Wear a Water Tiara"

Head east from Father Urhney's House. You'll come across a Candle seller wandering around a dungeon. While he sells candles for the ridiculous price of 1,000Gp each, he will tell you how to make Lanterns. It's highly recommended to use Lanterns down there as Candles may ignite the swamp gas and explode in your characters face, which will deal damage. For more about this Members-only dungeon, consult this guide.

I don't think "while" is the correct way to combine these two sentences. Maybe use "And"?

Second Bold: Although you have referred to the dungeon, I think you should say where down there is.

Third Bold: Why not just name the guide? :-)

I'm sorry that my suggestions are just.. iffy to say the least :-). Again, great job! The guide looks wonderful.

(Relating to the Advisor's house)
Sept2009-

I think we can say Sept2009-Present. It just seems more professional in my opinion.

You'll also find a Melee tutor, a Magic tutor and a Ranged tutor here ready to tell you about the basics in their allocated skill.

The Melee tutor's name is Harlan.

The Magic tutor's name is Mikasi.

The Ranged tutor's name is Nemarti.

And Harlan, the Melee tutor, will sell a Skillcape of Defence to all player who have achieved 99 Defence, in exchange for 99,000 coins.

This place is extremely popular as Cows give good experience

add "... in early levels." I don't think level 115s are going to be seen in the cow pen often.

(or wear Water tiara)

Let's be nitpicky and say that it should be "or wear a Water tiara".

Overall, I applaud you. Lumbridge is a very big town, even though it is noob city. Good organization and pictures ^_^

Thanks Paladin! Updated and Credited!

I think it's 100% now. I'll change the title to reflect that.

EDIT: Thanks a lot Eval! That's a lot, but its worth it :box:

Updated and credited with your name.

Edited by Darth KJ

In addition to this, there are a lot of redundant links to other pages.

All redunant links are highlighted in red.

Lumbridge is the town you\'ll begin your adventures in after you complete the tutorial. If you happen to die in Runescape, you\'ll also respawn here (unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground Minigame). Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers, because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills. You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses), using the Lumbridge teleport (Requires 31 Magic), using a Canoe (Members only) or you can simply walk.
The Kitchen

Let's enter the Castle now. First off is the Lumbridge kitchen, which is the southwestern-most room on the ground floor. In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who is the starter point for Cook's Assistant and Runescape's 100th quest, Recipe for Disaster (Members only). His range has a special ability which will reduce the chance of you burning your food in the Cooking skill however to use his range, you'll need to complete Cook's Assistant. If you are a member and have started Recipe for Disaster, the Cook will help you by telling you more how you helped free the Lumbridge council.

The Dining Room

Let's head out of the cellar now back into the Kitchen. The Dining Room is located just north of the Kitchen. It is used mostly in the Recipe for Disaster quest where everyone is frozen in time and you have to save each member of the Lumbridge council.

Duke Horacio's Room

North of the Spinning Wheel Room is Duke Horacio's room. The Duke can be found in this room along with Sigmund. You should speak to the Duke to start the Rune Mysteries quest and he is also particularly helpful during Dragon Slayer quest. If you happen to lose your Anti-Dragon shield from the Dragon Slayer quest, he will give you another for free. You can also begin Lost Tribe quest by speaking to Sigmund.

Behind the chapel is a Crayfish fishing spot. You can buy Crayfish cages from the Fishing store north-west of the chapel.
The Lumbridge Fishing Store is the perfect place for the Fisher to purchase his rods, nets and whatever one will need to fish in the Lumbridge area (You could also buy fishing supplies from other fishing stores, such as the Port Sarim Fishing store). You can also sell the fish you get from any area; however, chances are you'll fish them from the Lumbridge area for convenience.

North-west of the Fishing store is a good fishing spot which you can fish Crayfish from. It's recommended to begin your Fishing adventures here as it's close to the Fishing store. You can catch Crayfish using Crayfish cages and you can also woodcut the Willow trees here.

14) Farming patch

Let's head south to the Farming patch south of Farmer Fred's house. Sorry F2Pers, but Farming is Members-only. Players can plant trees using the Farming skill here. If you don't want to look after it while it is growing, you can pay Fayeth to look after it for you.

The perfect place for beginner Miners. You can mine any of the 5 Copper and 5 Tin rocks here. You're recommended to drop your ore here as it's quite a walk from the bank from here.

6) Doomsayer

DOOM! The Doomsayer has walked around Runescape and has placed signs in areas that may be dangerous, such as the Wilderness for example. If you have decided to turn off the Warning signs, you can toggle them back on by talking to the Doomsayer (or by using the right-click option). You may ask, \"Why would Player want to get rid of warnings? It could save their life!\" Well, high-level players who have already explored these dangerous areas will already know what\'s in store for them and having to confirm that you want to enter the dangerous area may get annoying.

7) Roddeck the Advisor

In this house north of the Doomsayer, you\'ll find Roddeck the Advisor. You can get advice from him by clicking the Advisor Button () in the top-right hand corner of your screen. He can be really helpful for the new player!

12) Fishing Store

The Lumbridge Fishing Store is the perfect place for the FisherShouldn\'t be capitalised? to purchase his rods, nets and whatever one will need to fish in the Lumbridge area (You could also buy fishing supplies from other fishing stores, such as the Port Sarim Fishing store). You can also sell the fish you get from any area; however, chances are you\'ll fish them from the Lumbridge area for convenience.

Sorry for all the backslashes :wizard:

Edited by Shmoe

Lumbridge is the town you'll begin your adventures in after you complete the tutorial. If you happen to die in Runescape, you'll also respawn here (unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground Minigame). Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers, because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills. You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses), using the Lumbridge teleport (Requires 31 Magic), using a Canoe (Members only) or you can simply walk.

TO

Lumbridge is the town you'll begin your adventures in after you complete the tutorial. If you happen to die in Runescape, you'll also respawn here unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground Minigame. Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills. You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses), using the Lumbridge teleport (Requires 31 Magic), using a Canoe (Members only), or by simply walking.

Those parenthesis or that comma aren't needed, and walk goes to walking for the sake of verb agreement.

Also, I'd suggest making the last sentence in the first paragraph the first paragraph in your second. The redundancy isn't necessary.

In addition to this, there are a lot of redundant links to other pages.

All redunant links are highlighted in red.

Lumbridge is the town you\'ll begin your adventures in after you complete the tutorial. If you happen to die in Runescape, you\'ll also respawn here (unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground Minigame). Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers, because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills. You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses), using the Lumbridge teleport (Requires 31 Magic), using a Canoe (Members only) or you can simply walk.
The Kitchen

Let's enter the Castle now. First off is the Lumbridge kitchen, which is the southwestern-most room on the ground floor. In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who is the starter point for Cook's Assistant and Runescape's 100th quest, Recipe for Disaster (Members only). His range has a special ability which will reduce the chance of you burning your food in the Cooking skill however to use his range, you'll need to complete Cook's Assistant. If you are a member and have started Recipe for Disaster, the Cook will help you by telling you more how you helped free the Lumbridge council.

The Dining Room

Let's head out of the cellar now back into the Kitchen. The Dining Room is located just north of the Kitchen. It is used mostly in the Recipe for Disaster quest where everyone is frozen in time and you have to save each member of the Lumbridge council.

Duke Horacio's Room

North of the Spinning Wheel Room is Duke Horacio's room. The Duke can be found in this room along with Sigmund. You should speak to the Duke to start the Rune Mysteries quest and he is also particularly helpful during Dragon Slayer quest. If you happen to lose your Anti-Dragon shield from the Dragon Slayer quest, he will give you another for free. You can also begin Lost Tribe quest by speaking to Sigmund.

Behind the chapel is a Crayfish fishing spot. You can buy Crayfish cages from the Fishing store north-west of the chapel.
The Lumbridge Fishing Store is the perfect place for the Fisher to purchase his rods, nets and whatever one will need to fish in the Lumbridge area (You could also buy fishing supplies from other fishing stores, such as the Port Sarim Fishing store). You can also sell the fish you get from any area; however, chances are you'll fish them from the Lumbridge area for convenience.

North-west of the Fishing store is a good fishing spot which you can fish Crayfish from. It's recommended to begin your Fishing adventures here as it's close to the Fishing store. You can catch Crayfish using Crayfish cages and you can also woodcut the Willow trees here.

14) Farming patch

Let's head south to the Farming patch south of Farmer Fred's house. Sorry F2Pers, but Farming is Members-only. Players can plant trees using the Farming skill here. If you don't want to look after it while it is growing, you can pay Fayeth to look after it for you.

The perfect place for beginner Miners. You can mine any of the 5 Copper and 5 Tin rocks here. You're recommended to drop your ore here as it's quite a walk from the bank from here.

6) Doomsayer

DOOM! The Doomsayer has walked around Runescape and has placed signs in areas that may be dangerous, such as the Wilderness for example. If you have decided to turn off the Warning signs, you can toggle them back on by talking to the Doomsayer (or by using the right-click option). You may ask, \"Why would Player want to get rid of warnings? It could save their life!\" Well, high-level players who have already explored these dangerous areas will already know what\'s in store for them and having to confirm that you want to enter the dangerous area may get annoying.

7) Roddeck the Advisor

In this house north of the Doomsayer, you\'ll find Roddeck the Advisor. You can get advice from him by clicking the Advisor Button () in the top-right hand corner of your screen. He can be really helpful for the new player!

12) Fishing Store

The Lumbridge Fishing Store is the perfect place for the FisherShouldn\'t be capitalised? to purchase his rods, nets and whatever one will need to fish in the Lumbridge area (You could also buy fishing supplies from other fishing stores, such as the Port Sarim Fishing store). You can also sell the fish you get from any area; however, chances are you\'ll fish them from the Lumbridge area for convenience.

Sorry for all the backslashes :ph34r:

Lumbridge is the town you'll begin your adventures in after you complete the tutorial. If you happen to die in Runescape, you'll also respawn here (unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground Minigame). Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers, because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills. You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses), using the Lumbridge teleport (Requires 31 Magic), using a Canoe (Members only) or you can simply walk.

TO

Lumbridge is the town you'll begin your adventures in after you complete the tutorial. If you happen to die in Runescape, you'll also respawn here unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground Minigame. Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills. You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses), using the Lumbridge teleport (Requires 31 Magic), using a Canoe (Members only), or by simply walking.

Those parenthesis or that comma aren't needed, and walk goes to walking for the sake of verb agreement.

Also, I'd suggest making the last sentence in the first paragraph the first paragraph in your second. The redundancy isn't necessary.

Thanks you two, updated and credited.

First of all, there is my usual pet peeve with resepect to the use of contractions. In my opinion, any formal documentation should never use it.

Problem areas:

Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills.

This is a pleonasm and it sounds awkward. You can say “and the area”, or “as well as being the area”, but not both.

You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses), using the Lumbridge teleport (Requires 31 Magic, one law Rune, one earth rune and three air runes), using a Canoe (Members only), or by simply walking.

Um – Teleport Tab?

When you began Runescape, You would've either done one of three tutorials: Tutorial Island (2002-Mid 2008/Nov2008-Sept2009), Learning the Ropes (Mid 2008-Nov2008) or Unstable Foundations (Sept2009-Present).

1. “You” does not need to be capitalized in this instance.

2. If you are going to quote/reference dates, use the full name of the calendar month and/or at least separate the month year, i.e. November 2008 or Nov 2008 - not Nov2008.

It isn't commonly used due to the fact it isn't as close to the bank as some of the other furnaces scattered around Runescape.

This is a double-negative.

“It is not used commonly used because other furnaces scattered around Runescape are closer to a bank ...”

Explorer Jack is as his title suggests, an Explorer.

This is a comma splice and missed capitalization:

“Exployer Jack is, as his title suggests, an explorer.”

The Lumbridge Combat Training Building is a useful place for new beginners to Combat.

“The Lumbridge Combat Training Building is a useful place to begin training Combat.”

Farmer Fred is Lumbridge's most well known Farmer.

Another pleonasm - “best known” is preferable.

Let's head south to the Farming patch south of Farmer Fred's house.

You have one “south” too many: “Let’s head to the Farming patch south of ...”

If you wish, you can bank your cowhide. You can do so by Right-clicking the cowhide, selecting "Use" and using it with Bill. He'll bank it for you in return for 10% of how much you'll bank.

“If you wish, you can bank your cowhide by Right-clicking the cowhide and “Use” it with Bill. Bill will bank it for you in return for 10% of the amount banked.”

First of all, there is my usual pet peeve with resepect to the use of contractions. In my opinion, any formal documentation should never use it.

Problem areas:

Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills.

This is a pleonasm and it sounds awkward. You can say "and the area", or "as well as being the area", but not both.

You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses), using the Lumbridge teleport (Requires 31 Magic, one law Rune, one earth rune and three air runes), using a Canoe (Members only), or by simply walking.

Um – Teleport Tab?

When you began Runescape, You would've either done one of three tutorials: Tutorial Island (2002-Mid 2008/Nov2008-Sept2009), Learning the Ropes (Mid 2008-Nov2008) or Unstable Foundations (Sept2009-Present).

1. "You" does not need to be capitalized in this instance.

2. If you are going to quote/reference dates, use the full name of the calendar month and/or at least separate the month year, i.e. November 2008 or Nov 2008 - not Nov2008.

It isn't commonly used due to the fact it isn't as close to the bank as some of the other furnaces scattered around Runescape.

This is a double-negative.

"It is not used commonly used because other furnaces scattered around Runescape are closer to a bank ..."

Explorer Jack is as his title suggests, an Explorer.

This is a comma splice and missed capitalization:

"Exployer Jack is, as his title suggests, an explorer."

The Lumbridge Combat Training Building is a useful place for new beginners to Combat.

"The Lumbridge Combat Training Building is a useful place to begin training Combat."

Farmer Fred is Lumbridge's most well known Farmer.

Another pleonasm - "best known" is preferable.

Let's head south to the Farming patch south of Farmer Fred's house.

You have one "south" too many: "Let's head to the Farming patch south of ..."

If you wish, you can bank your cowhide. You can do so by Right-clicking the cowhide, selecting "Use" and using it with Bill. He'll bank it for you in return for 10% of how much you'll bank.

"If you wish, you can bank your cowhide by Right-clicking the cowhide and "Use" it with Bill. Bill will bank it for you in return for 10% of the amount banked."

Thanks for all the help Blyaunte! Updated and Credited :ph34r:

If you wish, you can bank your cowhide. If you wish, you can bank your cowhide by Right-clicking the cowhide and “Use” it with Bill.

Too much wishing :wizard: Get rid of the first sentence.

If you wish, you can bank your cowhide. If you wish, you can bank your cowhide by Right-clicking the cowhide and "Use" it with Bill.

Too much wishing :) Get rid of the first sentence.

I'll wish if I want :box:

Jk, I'll fix it :D Updated and Credited, Thanks for helping! ^_^

law Rune

should be law rune.

Thats the spelling error i found :box: .

Updated and credited

Minor error: (can be brought off another player or made in one's Study room in a played owned house)or by simply walking. Should be a space after the bracket.

There should be a space between the bracket (parentheses) at the end.

In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who is the starter point for Cook's Assistant and Runescape's 100th quest, Recipe for Disaster

Sound a bit weird in my opinion. Feel free to leave it, especially if everyone else agrees. Umm, as for a suggestion for change, maybe "who provides the starting point" or something. I'm sort of unsure about this one, although it feels weird saying it.

little use to Free-to-players

"Free-to-players" sounds a bit odd. I would suggest using "free-players" instead.

Well, high-level players who have already explored these dangerous areas will already know what's in store for them and having to confirm that you want to enter the dangerous area may get annoying.

In this one you seem to switch from third to first person. I would write "having to confirm that you want to enter the dangerous area may get annoying after some time".

Explorer Jack is, as his title suggests, an Explorer.

I think you forgot to write "is" :wizard:

Farmer Fred is Lumbridge's most best known Farmer.

Most best known does not make sense. Change to "best known".

North of the Second Mining spot is Father Urhney's House. He is mostly involved in the Restless Ghost quest and gets annoyed when players talk to him as he claims he is "meditating". A pair of Leather gloves spawn on his desk.

You forgot to mention that he is the one who gives you the "Ghostspeak Amulet" and will give you another one if you lose it (even though it's useless after the quest).

Minor error: (can be brought off another player or made in one's Study room in a played owned house)or by simply walking. Should be a space after the bracket.

There should be a space between the bracket (parentheses) at the end.

In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who is the starter point for Cook's Assistant and Runescape's 100th quest, Recipe for Disaster

Sound a bit weird in my opinion. Feel free to leave it, especially if everyone else agrees. Umm, as for a suggestion for change, maybe "who provides the starting point" or something. I'm sort of unsure about this one, although it feels weird saying it.

little use to Free-to-players

"Free-to-players" sounds a bit odd. I would suggest using "free-players" instead.

Well, high-level players who have already explored these dangerous areas will already know what's in store for them and having to confirm that you want to enter the dangerous area may get annoying.

In this one you seem to switch from third to first person. I would write "having to confirm that you want to enter the dangerous area may get annoying after some time".

I think you forgot to write "is" :box:

Farmer Fred is Lumbridge's most best known Farmer.

Most best known does not make sense. Change to "best known".

North of the Second Mining spot is Father Urhney's House. He is mostly involved in the Restless Ghost quest and gets annoyed when players talk to him as he claims he is "meditating". A pair of Leather gloves spawn on his desk.

You forgot to mention that he is the one who gives you the "Ghostspeak Amulet" and will give you another one if you lose it (even though it's useless after the quest).

Thanks! Updated and credited.

I think you forgot to write "is" ^_^

And I think it is you who forgot "is" :)

Wow, awesome guide, Darth - this looks excellent! the current guide is terribly outdated, and this will certainly make a superb replacement for it. It's well written, very detailed, and It appears that you've covered absolutely every nook and cranny that Lumbridge has to offer. Really nicely done; this will without a doubt be a great help to lots of people looking for a guide to the city! :box:

-Accepted- :wizard:

Wow, awesome guide, Darth - this looks excellent! the current guide is terribly outdated, and this will certainly make a superb replacement for it. It's well written, very detailed, and It appears that you've covered absolutely every nook and cranny that Lumbridge has to offer. Really nicely done; this will without a doubt be a great help to lots of people looking for a guide to the city! :)

-Accepted- :wizard:

Thanks Sal! :box:

~Darth ^_^

by using a Lumbridge teleport tab (can be brought off another player or made in one's Study room in a played owned house) or by simply walking.

by using a Lumbridge teleport tab (can be brought off another player or made in one's Study room in a played owned house), or by simply walking. (comma)

(You can also scare him into thinking you'll kill everyone in the castle!).

(you can also scare him into thinking you'll kill everyone in the castle!). (capitalization)

His range has a special ability which will reduce the chance of you burning your food in the Cooking skill however to use his range, you'll need to complete Cook's Assistant.

His range has a special ability which will reduce the chance of you burning your food when using the Cooking skill, however to use his range, you'll need to complete Cook's Assistant. (comma and some other st00f)

DOOM! The Doomsayer has walked around Runescape and has placed signs in areas that may be dangerous, such as the Wilderness for example.

DOOM! The Doomsayer has walked around Runescape and has placed signs in areas that may be dangerous, such as the Wilderness. ("for example" not needed)

Make sure the font is the same throughout the whole guide. Looks good :wizard:

Lumbridge is the town you'll begin your adventures in after you complete the tutorial. If you happen to die in Runescape, you'll also respawn here unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground minigame. Lumbridge is the perfect town for newcomers because of the friendly atmosphere of the locals, the amount of beginner quests that you can start, and as well as being the area where you can begin training most of your skills.

I don't know if you want to add this but you can also respawn at soul wars if you did Nomad's Requiem.

Anyways, nice guide! :rolleyes:

Edited by Admiral

EDIT: I know why it wasn't updated on the website, don't worry :unsure:

EDIT (5/6/2011): Fixed it :mellow:

~Darth :huh:

Edited by Darth KJ

Wow, this is one of the first forums I ever remember on Sal's, so that means I can trace my knowledge fo these forums back to the point where someomene posted about changing damn to darn. Insofar as I can see, you only missed two big potential pictures: the toll gate (which new players are often a little surprised at) and the Western mine, containing somethign like 7 coal, 5 mithril, and 2 adamant.

And, yeah, I do know it's accepted and 100%, I'm just mentioning those two things for future reference.

Edited by Helm Lardar

Wow, this is one of the first forums I ever remember on Sal's, so that means I can trace my knowledge fo these forums back to the point where someomene posted about changing damn to darn. Insofar as I can see, you only missed two big potential pictures: the toll gate (which new players are often a little surprised at) and the Western mine, containing somethign like 7 coal, 5 mithril, and 2 adamant.

And, yeah, I do know it's accepted and 100%, I'm just mentioning those two things for future reference.

Haha yeah. If you play a game where you kill monsters, steal from people and you're offended by the word "damn"... then... wow. :unsure:

The catacombs aren't mapped on this one so technically it's out of date.

Just saying.... :mellow:

No problem, then just (if you want to) reply with whatever the guide needs and I'm sure Sal will put it in when the time comes.

I haven't played this game in months (real life has taken over!) so yeah I can't do it :/

Edited by Darth KJ

Ok for #3.

3) The Graveyard

Head out of the chapel and head south. You'll come across a graveyard where you'll find the building of the Restless Ghost. There is also a Yew Tree here which you can cut with 60 Woodcutting. This is also where you can start the quest The Blood Pact and explore the Lumbridge Catacombs.

[size="4"]3) The Graveyard[/size]
Head out of the chapel and head south. You'll come across a graveyard where you'll find the building of the Restless Ghost. There is also a Yew Tree here which you can cut with 60 Woodcutting. This is also where you can start the quest [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/TheBloodPact.html"]The Blood Pact[/url] and explore the [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/dungeon/Lumbridge_Catacombs.html"]Lumbridge Catacombs[/url].

I linked to the future site of the lumbridge catacombs on the site (I think) so it won't work atm.

Edited by Sleepy

Ok for #3.

3) The Graveyard

Head out of the chapel and head south. You'll come across a graveyard where you'll find the building of the Restless Ghost. There is also a Yew Tree here which you can cut with 60 Woodcutting. This is also where you can start the quest The Blood Pact and explore the Lumbridge Catacombs.

[size="4"]3) The Graveyard[/size]
Head out of the chapel and head south. You'll come across a graveyard where you'll find the building of the Restless Ghost. There is also a Yew Tree here which you can cut with 60 Woodcutting. This is also where you can start the quest [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/TheBloodPact.html"]The Blood Pact[/url] and explore the [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/dungeon/Lumbridge_Catacombs.html"]Lumbridge Catacombs[/url].

I linked to the future site of the lumbridge catacombs on the site (I think) so it won't work atm.

Cool, thanks for that :unsure:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.