Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Darth KJ

Lumbridge City Rewrite - 100% (spelling Check Appreciated).

you forgot to talk about the thieving guild trapdoor and that there are now anvils in the furnace area

After finding some free time, I finally got around to finishing this guide and as such, have spent the last hour or two researching Lumbridge and taking new screenshots. I have updated many things (such as many screenies, all maps, done some small tweaks to information and moved some info around).

I think that is it... If anything needs updating or fixing, please don't hesitate to reply :(

EDIT: Oh and kingrays2, I added you to the credits. Thank you!

~Darth :D

Edited by Darth KJ

"You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses)"

There's no time limit anymore. :D

"You can get to Lumbridge by using the Home teleport (it has no requirements to cast, but you must wait 30 minutes between uses)"

There's no time limit anymore. :(

Thank you! Updated and credited!

There's no time limit anymore. :D

You must also be on the normal Spell Book :(.

There's no time limit anymore. :(

You must also be on the normal Spell Book :P .

Thanks! Updated and credited. I put your name as "Ej" instead of "Ej_" (since I think it'll look cleaner) but if you prefer it with the underscore, reply and I'll put it back in :D

I'm good without the underscore. I only have it here because names have to be at least 3 characters, and it wouldn't let me use a full stop :D.

This is actually a good guide, and the picture made me lol...

"You can spin your items here"

Made me lol so hard I fell outs my chair.

you should feel liek a jesus for being accepted, and making such an awesome guide.

I'm good without the underscore. I only have it here because names have to be at least 3 characters, and it wouldn't let me use a full stop :D .

Okay, all good :D

This is actually a good guide, and the picture made me lol...

"You can spin your items here"

Made me lol so hard I fell outs my chair.

you should feel liek a jesus for being accepted, and making such an awesome guide.

Really? Haha thank you! :P

~Darth :(

Edited by Darth KJ

Few more things I've noticed after a proper read through:

using a Canoe (Members only)

If I remember rightly, they're now F2P.

4) Bob's Brilliant Axes

West of the Graveyard is a hatchet store run by Bob. Bob sells Woodcutting hatchets up to Steel and Combat battleaxes up to Mithril. He'll also repair any Barrows armour you may have damaged. He is also involved in the Lumbridge/Draynor Achievement Diary.

Bob also fixes a range of other equipment if I remember right. He does the various ancient armours. You may also want to mention how he used to repair axes(hatches) and pics before the events were removed.

Few more things I've noticed after a proper read through:

using a Canoe (Members only)

If I remember rightly, they're now F2P.

4) Bob's Brilliant Axes

West of the Graveyard is a hatchet store run by Bob. Bob sells Woodcutting hatchets up to Steel and Combat battleaxes up to Mithril. He'll also repair any Barrows armour you may have damaged. He is also involved in the Lumbridge/Draynor Achievement Diary.

Bob also fixes a range of other equipment if I remember right. He does the various ancient armours. You may also want to mention how he used to repair axes(hatches) and pics before the events were removed.

Thank you! Updated :(

The Cellar

In the kitchen, you will notice a trapdoor. This leads down to the Lumbridge cellar.

Change to: In the kitchen you will notice a trapdoor, which leads down to the Lumbridge cellar.

Bank

Time to see the next floor. Take any of the stairs up to the top floor. You'll see the Lumbridge Bank along with the Banker. During a Treasure Trails clue, you may get the question: "How many cannons does Lumbridge Castle have?" The answer is: 9.

Isn't there something on top of the bank that involves raising a flag or something?

A grammar edit and a suggestion in the quote :D

The Cellar

In the kitchen, you will notice a trapdoor. This leads down to the Lumbridge cellar.

Change to: In the kitchen you will notice a trapdoor, which leads down to the Lumbridge cellar.

Bank

Time to see the next floor. Take any of the stairs up to the top floor. You'll see the Lumbridge Bank along with the Banker. During a Treasure Trails clue, you may get the question: "How many cannons does Lumbridge Castle have?" The answer is: 9.

Isn't there something on top of the bank that involves raising a flag or something?

A grammar edit and a suggestion in the quote :P

Thank you! I changed the cellar one to your one and the bank one to:

On the north wall of the bank, you'll notice a ladder. Climb up this ladder and you'll find a flag which you can raise. This is a task in the Lumbridge/Draynor Achievement Diary too.

I hope that's good :D (If you can offer a better way to say that then I'll put it in :()

Once again, thank you and credited!

Hey can I get credit for the little section I wrote?

Sorry about that, I had didn't notice your post since I had replied to it six months ago. Dreadfully sorry. Credited! :(

The Cellar

Bank

A grammar edit and a suggestion in the quote :ph34r:

Thank you! I changed the cellar one to your one and the bank one to:

On the north wall of the bank, you'll notice a ladder. Climb up this ladder and you'll find a flag which you can raise. This is a task in the Lumbridge/Draynor Achievement Diary too.

I hope that's good :o (If you can offer a better way to say that then I'll put it in :wizard:)

Once again, thank you and credited!

~Darth :o

Looks good, awesome guide btw! Glad to help you ;)

Wow, this really does look fantastic! Thank you for keeping this up to date, Darth - I can tell a LOT of work and time has gone into updating your guide again. I'm very sorry this has been in limbo for so long, and I promise it will be the very first guide to be added once the new site goes online!

Looks good, awesome guide btw! Glad to help you :P

Thank you and thank you :D

Wow, this really does look fantastic! Thank you for keeping this up to date, Darth - I can tell a LOT of work and time has gone into updating your guide again. I'm very sorry this has been in limbo for so long, and I promise it will be the very first guide to be added once the new site goes online!

Thanks Sal! Really appreciate it :D

~Darth :(

If you happen to die in Runescape, you'll also respawn here unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground minigame.

You might want to change that to:

If you happen to die while playing RuneScape, you'll also respawn here unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground minigame, or select a different hub to respawn at upon death.

Minor grammar Nazism:

In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who lets you start Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster.

It should be "lets" instead of "let's."

More grammar Nazism:

Let's enter the Castle now. First off is the Lumbridge kitchen, which is the southwestern-most room on the ground floor. In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who let's you start Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster. His range has a special ability which will reduce the chance of you burning your food in the Cooking skill however to use his range, you'll need to complete Cook's Assistant. If you are a member and have started Recipe for Disaster, the Cook will help you by telling you more how you helped free the Lumbridge council.

should be:

Let's enter the Castle now. First off is the Lumbridge kitchen, which is the southwestern-most room on the ground floor. In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who let's you start Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster. His range has a special ability which will reduce the chance of you burning your food in the Cooking skill. However, to use his range, you'll need to complete Cook's Assistant. If you are a member and have started Recipe for Disaster, the Cook will help you by telling you more about how you helped free the Lumbridge council.

Fixed run on sentence that read "...in the Cooking skill however to use his range..." and added "about" in a sentence that read "...telling you more how you helped free the Lumbridge council."

MORE GRAMMAR NAZISM!!:

In this house north of the Doomsayer, you will find Roddeck the Advisor. You can get advice from him by clicking the Advisor Button

it should be "advice" instead of "advise."

Right next to the east wall of the Furance is Barfy Bill who is an expert at creating canoes.

It used to be "expect in," but it should read "expert at."

He also has a valuable golden chalice.

It used to read "chalis too," but you've already said "also," so I took it out and corrected spelling for "chalice."

Head to the far north of the the Zanaris finders, past Farmer's Fred's house. You'll eventually come across a windmill which is conveniently placed next to a field of wheat. You can make Flour in this mill with the wheat (You'll need an empty pot to place it into though). To make flour, climb to the top of the mill and use the grain with the Hopper. Then operate the controls next to the Hopper. Now climb all the way down the ladder, and empty the Flour Bin by clicking on it. Flour is used in the Cooking skill to make dough.

Corrected "coneniently" to "conveniently" and in the sentence, the phrase "Operate hopper controls" was accidentally pasted into a part where it was not necessary, so I fixed that.

Otherwise an awesome guide! I'm glad you went to the trouble to fix that old guide, Darth! :D

Edited by Melikbilge

Minor grammar Nazism:
In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who lets you start Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster.

It was correct as it was :D This explains a bit about it.

Minor grammar Nazism:

It was correct as it was :D This explains a bit about it.

No, in the quote above, I fixed it and bolded it. The actual guide says "let's" which is incorrect.

Minor grammar Nazism:

It was correct as it was :( This explains a bit about it.

No, in the quote above, I fixed it and bolded it. The actual guide says "let's" which is incorrect.

Whoops, my bad :D

If you happen to die in Runescape, you'll also respawn here unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground minigame.

You might want to change that to:

If you happen to die while playing RuneScape, you'll also respawn here unless you have completed Recruitment Drive or the Knight Waves Training Ground minigame, or select a different hub to respawn at upon death.

Minor grammar Nazism:

More grammar Nazism:

Let's enter the Castle now. First off is the Lumbridge kitchen, which is the southwestern-most room on the ground floor. In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who let's you start Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster. His range has a special ability which will reduce the chance of you burning your food in the Cooking skill however to use his range, you'll need to complete Cook's Assistant. If you are a member and have started Recipe for Disaster, the Cook will help you by telling you more how you helped free the Lumbridge council.

should be:

Let's enter the Castle now. First off is the Lumbridge kitchen, which is the southwestern-most room on the ground floor. In here you can find the Lumbridge Cook who let's you start Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster. His range has a special ability which will reduce the chance of you burning your food in the Cooking skill. However, to use his range, you'll need to complete Cook's Assistant. If you are a member and have started Recipe for Disaster, the Cook will help you by telling you more about how you helped free the Lumbridge council.

Fixed run on sentence that read "...in the Cooking skill however to use his range..." and added "about" in a sentence that read "...telling you more how you helped free the Lumbridge council."

MORE GRAMMAR NAZISM!!:

In this house north of the Doomsayer, you will find Roddeck the Advisor. You can get advice from him by clicking the Advisor Button

it should be "advice" instead of "advise."

Right next to the east wall of the Furance is Barfy Bill who is an expert at creating canoes.

It used to be "expect in," but it should read "expert at."

He also has a valuable golden chalice.

It used to read "chalis too," but you've already said "also," so I took it out and corrected spelling for "chalice."

Head to the far north of the the Zanaris finders, past Farmer's Fred's house. You'll eventually come across a windmill which is conveniently placed next to a field of wheat. You can make Flour in this mill with the wheat (You'll need an empty pot to place it into though). To make flour, climb to the top of the mill and use the grain with the Hopper. Then operate the controls next to the Hopper. Now climb all the way down the ladder, and empty the Flour Bin by clicking on it. Flour is used in the Cooking skill to make dough.

Corrected "coneniently" to "conveniently" and in the sentence, the phrase "Operate hopper controls" was accidentally pasted into a part where it was not necessary, so I fixed that.

Otherwise an awesome guide! I'm glad you went to the trouble to fix that old guide, Darth! :(

Thank you very much for all of that! :P

Updated and credited!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.