Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
King Auggie

Ivy.

great experience for absolute 0 cash per hour (not counting birds nest) is pretty balanced if you ask me. People are just spreading rumors, trust me they know as much as you do when it comes to knowing what jagex is planning to do.

Umm... I did teaks 85-99, and now they do this?

It's a censored word if you ask me...

you had the option to bank those teaks if you wanted to didn't you? ivy is take it or leave it xp.

It is a trade off, fast experience or money.

Willows can make you 500k experience a day if you work at it constantly...all this allows is for you to simply stay and do the experience and make nothing, I doubt it will be nerfed.

I've earned over 500k from seeds; 2 Magic seeds and a bunch of others, plus all the bird nests. Compared to 99 Woodcutting from Yews/Magics, this is like nothing. Compared to Willows, this is more enjoyable and quicker.

500k xp a day?

Well -- that would explain why the kid in the woodcutting cape was asking me "how did you make your money?"

:wizard::box:

Guest Emanick
People have been saying Claws would be nerfed since they came out, doesn't mean that it will. I doubt they will be nerfed, unless they plan on nerfing the Teak update, Minigame Update Arctic Log Update too...

Claws were nerfed 5 hours after release.

How does anyone know? Nobody had any claws yet I'm pretty sure. :wizard:

People have been saying Claws would be nerfed since they came out, doesn't mean that it will. I doubt they will be nerfed, unless they plan on nerfing the Teak update, Minigame Update Arctic Log Update too...

Claws were silently nerfed a few days after they came out :box: The spec used to me allot more potent. Honestly I think they really took the pride out of that cape. Getting a 99 without making any money and with no plans to use it for the future turns this game into trash.

Claws were nerfed 5 hours after release.

How does anyone know? Nobody had any claws yet I'm pretty sure. :wizard:

They were nerfed, it wasn't five hours, but they did do it after they realized what was happening to PvP. Look on youtube, there are tons of videos and even more comments complaining about the nerfing. 1 million youtube fans can't be wrong ^_^

Edited by The Who?

I have a question about ivy is it members only because i heard it was on Varrock walls and I searched all around Varrock and didn't find any.

Yes, it is members only.

you can't make money with ivy and thats why the xp reward is quite good. If they do nerf it, it won't be by much.

75-99 on magics.

Took FOREVER, but well worth it.

I did the same thing, I quickly realised it wasn't worth it though and that it was a big mistake of mine and that was 2 years ago.

Ivy would make it even less worth it but I'm well past caring.

Everything gets Nerfed, may not be a massive one where the respawn time is increased by 50% or the exp is lowered by 50%. But I ensure you it will get Nerfed, like everything else in RS. Thats why I play WoW.

Doesn't turn the game to trash at all.

Some people don't care about the cash and the cape is enough of a reward to them for it to be worth it.

Some people take pride in the 99 skill, not the cash that comes from it.

Edited by Lidias

I don't know...what I hate about it is that this came out AFTER I got 99 woodcutting. Now the take will loose it's meaning and you'll be seeing a ton of people with them around. I've tried the ivy, it's enormous amounts of exp, and you can probably afk it. :wizard:

You can.

But you can also afk woodcutting.

I've been doing it the past hour.

You can.

But you can also afk woodcutting.

I've been doing it the past hour.

You can't afk willows, they require at least 1 click per 5-10 seconds. Magic trees around 10-20 seconds. Ivy you can go for about 1-2 minutes as far as I've seen.

Ivy has a reasonable rate and is only semi-afk (unlike Guthan training at Bandits). No reason they'd nerf it.

"Omg they made it easier, MY CAPE IS WORTHLESS"

Should I be crying over the fact that you got 80 defense at 60k/65K exp an hour and I had to do it with maybe 30K exp an hour?

The fact is, the game will change. They will add new content and yes, this will make some skills easier. You know the moment that you start training that there is a chance they will add new content that will make it easier. We all know that, whether consciously or not, from viewing recent happenings and the fact that adding new content sometimes means improved money making/skill training ways.

I could have stopped playing 5 years ago and start now and do everything a lot easier now. But, I wanted to play RuneScape 5 years ago, not now.

I have personally always believed that achievements are something you should get for yourself, for yourself to be proud off and not to show off to other players. Showing off is only an added bonus that comes with it. :wizard: So the value of the 99 is how I think of it, not how somebody else thinks about it.

I myself agree that I no longer like the direction where RuneScape is headed, that's why I quit. I don't need to whine and QQ about how everything is getting easier. Just quit if you're no longer having fun and if you are then just go be quiet and enjoy your play time instead of whining about how things are changing, a natural proces btw.