Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TwoPlusFourIsSeven

Apple...

Apple and non apple people both know that this is a rip off and that they can order their RAM from newegg.

OMFG!!! Even the little tiny computer shop in my town has better deals then any of that! And GOD FORBID I hate ordering things off the computer!

lolwat

And THIS is why we keep telling people that Apple Macs are overpriced.

Or maybe you should let people buy the computer they want to buy.

They're not telling you not to buy it.

They're just telling you that half of the price is paying for the brand.

They're not telling you not to buy it.

They're just telling you that half of the price is paying for the brand.

No, it's for the OS, which is amazing.

Macs don't need nearly as much RAM, though. I can easily run PS and AE CS4, play music through iTunes, talk to people on Adium etc. simultaneously and still make it run smoothly.

For crying out loud! Can't you keep this in your brain for more than a day?

2010x.png

For crying out loud! Can't you keep this in your brain for more than a day?

You don't understand - Mac users don't use the best hardware or specs for the price - so yabbing on about that won't do anything, obviously it's something else that makes us buy them which Windows doesn't have.

THAT'S PRECISELY WHAT I JUST SAID!

If you're willing to take the compatibility hit that OSX gives you then Linux is your best option.

THAT'S PRECISELY WHAT I JUST SAID!

If you're willing to take the compatibility hit that OSX gives you then Linux is your best option.

I know, I didn't intend to direct it at you :wizard:

But your point that you should choose a Mac over a normal PC because it uses less resources is completely redundant.

But your point that you should choose a Mac over a normal PC because it uses less resources is completely redundant.

That wasn't my point at all - people were complaining about how little RAM you get and I was saying it's not needed.

So explain to me exactly why anybody would want to buy an inferior system for an OS that you can mimic or better easily for more than twice the price?

I'm sorry, but people can buy whatever computer they want, but TBH, I can get a dock on Windows, and iCan get iTunes, and the other overpriced software for free on my PC for free...

I also need to pay for college too.

~Vincent

That wasn't my point at all - people were complaining about how little RAM you get and I was saying it's not needed.

4GB RAM is more than you need.

So explain to me exactly why anybody would want to buy an inferior system for an OS that you can mimic or better easily for more than twice the price?

How exactly are Macs inferior?

Now don't give me your typical Linux shizzle again because we're talking about the hardware and build quality here.

I can get the same specs on the above mac on a PC for half of the price, with a three year warranty, not that iHave ever needed to use my warranty.

~Vincent

Inferior in that they use hardware that is mainstream on their top end models, apart from the atrociously priced Xeon models.

Macs have better build quality? Than what? I'm going to trust myself to pick a good case and assemble it properly rather than a company that's clearly more obsessed with money than making their customers happy.

Typical Linux shizzle? Explain. Both Hardware and Software are interdependent.

Caboose, I agree with you. Actually, IMO, HP builds a better computer in general than Mac. My friend has an old 1.86GHz Single AMD Core HP Laptop, and it still works fine today.

And personally, I think Vista has a bad rep. Yes, it has its flaws, like being a complete resource hog, but other than that and a couple of technical problems, like occasional crashing programs, it isn't as bad as people think. Not to say it is what it SHOULD have been, but it isn't AS BAD, as is rumoured.

~Vincent

Caboose, I agree with you. Actually, IMO, HP builds a better computer in general than Mac. My friend has an old 1.86GHz Single AMD Core HP Laptop, and it still works fine today.

And personally, I think Vista has a bad rep. Yes, it has its flaws, like being a complete resource hog, but other than that and a couple of technical problems, like occasional crashing programs, it isn't as bad as people think. Not to say it is what it SHOULD have been, but it isn't AS BAD, as is rumoured.

~Vincent

Yep vista's great merely because it created a bunch of great chat-up lines like "Hey there, my name's Vista, can I come crash at your place tonight?"

~Vincent

Yep vista's great merely because it created a bunch of great chat-up lines like "Hey there, my name's Vista, can I come crash at your place tonight?"

No, I didn't say it was great. It is very flawed, it is just not as bad as people think. It does have several flaws in the design, and really it should have been Windows 7. But all of my Vista problems will go away on October 22nd.

~Vincent

~Vincent

No, I didn't say it was great. It is very flawed, it is just not as bad as people think. It does have several flaws in the design, and really it should have been Windows 7. But all of my Vista problems will go away on October 22nd.

~Vincent

I don't think I've ever heard a Mac user say that their problems will go away with the new OS.