Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ootachi

Moving House.

Yeah, I'm almost certainly moving house. I've had one panic attack and couldn't breathe and I don't want another. Any tips on how to cope?

Wait you had a panic attack over moving house?

Wow the English really are sissies.

Edited by Ruin

I really REALLY don't want to move house, then my mum came in and told me somebody's decided to buy the house and I was like 'shizzle'

Wow the Americans really are cold hearted love-childs.

Edited by Poke

I really REALLY don't want to move house, then my mum came in and told me somebody's decided to buy the house and I was like 'shizzle'

I'll accept cold hearted but love child is pushing it.

I'll accept cold hearted but love child is pushing it.

Yeah, sorry.

How far away are you moving?

Only about an hour and a half away.

I know I'm overreacting but this is my first time moving house and it all came on so suddenly.

So you'll still be going to the same school and have the same friends?

My advice, eat some chocolate and drink some tea with sugar in it. Always good for a shock.

So you'll still be going to the same school and have the same friends?

My advice, eat some chocolate and drink some tea with sugar in it. Always good for a shock.

I'll still be going to the same school but I'll lose loads of friends in my village.

Thanks for the advice.

It's just part of life, and it isn't a big deal in the end. Sure, it'll be strange at first, leaving a place which has so many memories, but you'll be moving to somewhere which you'll soon feel just as at home in.

Good luck with the move, it'll be fine. :wizard:

Do what us Americans do - Drink!

You could always just accept it and move on with your life too.

Or, just stay in your village, and chain yourself to the ground...

~Vincent

How long until you move?

Try not to panic over this, I mean surly if your friends in your village are real friends, then surly you can still spend time with them, maybe have a sleepover or whatever?

You are still staying at the same school, so that is a good start, somethings will be as normal for you :wizard:

Think of this as a way to completely restart, have a massive de-junk of the stuff you have, and also I mean, who doesnt like a new room? Are you able to redecorate the new place? If so, then that is also a good chance to have things all nice and stuff.

I have just moved into my new flat, I never realised how much I was holding onto that I didnt need.

I am 24, I still had some log books from year 10 and 11 ^_^

I hope you are ok through the move, and just try and take it easy and dont panic too much over it, I am sure it will be fine, just remember though, it may be stressfull for you, but I am sure it will be stressful for all of you, so just take things as they come.

:box:

Edited by lizzywizzy666

but you'll be moving to somewhere which you'll soon feel just as at home in.

I moved to NC a few years ago, it never felt like home to me :wizard: thankfully I moved back to NY, it just depends on where you move.

You just need to take a breath and relax. Ruin, I'll show you just how sissy we are ;o.

I moved house when I was 10, and I didn't want to at first, but then I realised that it was for the better, and I was only moving down the road, into a much larger and nicer house :box:.

RELAX :wizard:

Just wait until you see the new house. From personal experiences, I've always hated moving house until I saw the new one. I've always loved new things so I forgot about my old house.

It's just something you'll have to deal with. I've had the same, I've lived in 5 houses so far. :wizard:

You'll make new friends which is good and you can always stay in touch and see your older friends. I've moved house a few times but everytime it's been to a vastly larger house so I never really got totally worked up over it but I suppose if you've lived in a house for most of your life, theres a lot of memories your going to be leaving but on the bright side, theres more memories still to be made.

Do what us Americans do - Drink! LIGHT TASTING BEER

Fixed

I've lived in a few houses over my time and the first one was the hardest to move from, I cried, but you get over it and eventually you forget about the old house almost :wizard:.

Also, why are you moving?

As

I know how you feel. Moving can be very scary. I mean, moving an hour away, going to the same school, not having to leave your friends. Quite a tragedy. I honestly don't know how you've managed to live.

I hate keeping the same friends. I'm so horribly awkward in those situations.

Wow, I moved 6 times before I was 12.

It's nothing to freak out over.

You'll be alright, and in some cases better than before.

Edited by Grand

Most people find moving house distressing, and some people are more susceptible to panic attacks than others. Neither of those things are related to nationality... :wizard:

I moved house in 2006 (although admittedly I moved 150 miles rather than just a few), and I didn't enjoy it but I got through it. It took me a long time to settle in at my new school because the people there were so incredibly different, but I did eventually make new friends and the school I'm going to now is much better than the one I would have gone to. I still miss my old home, but I feel like I belong here now. I understand that my case was different from yours because I was moving to a different part of the country, but my point is although moving house seems a really bad thing now, you'll probably appreciate it in the long term.

Most people find moving house distressing, and some people are more susceptible to panic attacks than others. Neither of those things are related to nationality... :wizard:

I moved house in 2006 (although admittedly I moved 150 miles rather than just a few), and I didn't enjoy it but I got through it. It took me a long time to settle in at my new school because the people there were so incredibly different, but I did eventually make new friends and the school I'm going to now is much better than the one I would have gone to. I still miss my old home, but I feel like I belong here now. I understand that my case was different from yours because I was moving to a different part of the country, but my point is although moving house seems a really bad thing now, you'll probably appreciate it in the long term.

Try moving from Heidelberg (the best place [email protected]@@@) to where I live now (a shizhole)

I can't believe I've lived here over 10 years, it's been awful. School is alright I suppose, but the area is boring

The nearest big town or city is Bath which is like 30 minutes away

Yeah, I'm almost certainly moving house. I've had one panic attack and couldn't breathe and I don't want another. Any tips on how to cope?

All I can say is you can't do anything to stop it, Get over it and accept it.

Change can be good :wizard:

Wow, I moved 6 times before I was 12.

It's nothing to freak out over.

You'll be alright, and in some cases better than before.

This.

It's not near as big a deal as you and others are making it out to be. Moving's fairly easy to get used to; once you're there and set up you'll not miss the old place much.