Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sparhawke

Smoking Mils Exclusive Interview

Howcome your post count doesnt go up? :box:

I think that's more of a question for Sal than him?

Thats true... maybe an admin also.

EDIT: i dont get post count in this thread either. maybe its a no post count added subforum.

Oh, right, sorry, forgot that. :facepalm:

Yes, it is.

As a 22-soon-to-be-23-year-old, do you think that you will be giving up RuneScape at any time in the near future?

Certainly not the merchanting side of it. Its a great hobby and doesn't take up too much of my time :wizard:

EDIT: Oh and I'm 21-soon-to-be-22 ^_^ Birthday in December.

Sorry, my mistake.

Edited by Mohorak

His post count doesn't go up because post count doesn't increase when posting in these forums. :wizard:

Welcome to the forums, Rune. And btw Spar, before he joined there was a player with like 3B. :box:

what is 3B?

3 Billion. Also known as 3000 Million, 3000000k, and 3,000,000,000. This is of course using the American method, not the British. Using the British method, it goes million, milliard, billion, billiard, I believe, each one one thousand time the value of the last.

Edited by Mohorak

What exactly do you use all that money on, if not skilling epically fast?

what is 3B?

3 Billion. Also known as 3000 Million, 3000000k, and 3,000,000,000. This is of course using the American method, not the British. Using the British method, it goes million, milliard, billion, billiard, I believe, each one one thousand time the value of the last.

This is 2009, not 1920. People use milliard and billiard as much as they use hither or yonder.

what is 3B?

This is 2009, not 1920. People use milliard and billiard as much as they use hither or yonder.

Um... avast?

You know the funny thing about the leak on the other site is that not one of them has tried sitting down and asking what has gone on or tried formalating a real question...they have simply come up with accusations

The questions I asked were the questions people wanted asking, if they have the "balls" to come into my clanchat and come and ask them themselves I would ask them on their behalf no questions asked...

But of coure they wont do that, they would prefer the take the high horse and call me a manipulator so anyone....I challenge you. Ask me any question and I will ask J Rune to explain for himself as I said this interview would. I will never doctor any answer to satisfy anyone, what was written here was as it was sent to me.

But for those who like this interview, thanks :wizard:

EDIT:

In answer to some people, I was a pre-GE merchant, I would buy 3-7-15-4-15-17-2 dragon bones at a time to sell for bulk to prayer trainers as did most, do not hate on traders and merchants...it is us who keep your game running for you and make sure you can do what you love. Unless you would like to collect absolutely everything yourself.

Edited by Sparhawke

You know the funny thing about the leak on the other site is that not one of them has tried sitting down and asking what has gone on or tried formalating a real question...they have simply come up with accusations

The questions I asked were the questions people wanted asking, if they have the "balls" to come into my clanchat and come and ask them themselves I would ask them on their behalf no questions asked...

But of coure they wont do that, they would prefer the take the high horse and call me a manipulator so anyone....I challenge you. Ask me any question and I will ask J Rune to explain for himself as I said this interview would. I will never doctor any answer to satisfy anyone, what was written here was as it was sent to me.

EDIT:

In answer to some people, I was a pre-GE merchant, I would buy 3-7-15-4-15-17-2 dragon bones at a time to sell for bulk to prayer trainers as did most, do not hate on traders and merchants...it is us who keep your game running for you and make sure you can do what you love. Unless you would like to collect absolutely everything yourself.

File a lawsuit and make yourself some real money. then merch those stocks!

Well said. :box:

Apparently everyone on the other site was bashing Mr J Rune, and you for this, and I think it's pretty naive, and immature of them.

Umm...wait a minute, you mean you are the richest on this forum I have to beat now??! I thought Chris was the set standard at 400M *oh crap* :wizard: ( :box: )

Don't forget about me nub ^_^

i'm about to overtake Chris if he is only at 400m although i don't play enough to get really high profits, about 500k-1m a day now only :)

Guest Casual102

nice to hear his side but i hate there clan never the less they ruin the market and make it harder to solo play and make cash.

Actually, I play solo and have made almost 400M now, 340M of that in the last few months alone...when you really look at it they can only do certain items anyway...might as well let those who want to try their luck with them to get on with it and simply make money doing other things.

And lets face it here, who doesn't sell their items to the clan when they are sky-high? :wizard:

I really dislike manipulation. It can really screw with the buying and selling of necessary items. Which in turn can lower the satisfaction of the game as a whole. If it was real life and government decided to jack the price of an everyday item up by %200 then i'm sure you'd get pretty pissed off too. But that's just my 3 cents.

I really dislike manipulation. It can really screw with the buying and selling of necessary items. Which in turn can lower the satisfaction of the game as a whole. If it was real life and government decided to jack the price of an everyday item up by %200 then i'm sure you'd get pretty pissed off too. But that's just my 3 cents.

in real life they do it all the time with, for example, oil...

does the name OPEC mean anything to you?

I'm only 17 years old. The only thing I buy is clothing and CDs.

So the name is nothing to me :wizard:

People get pissed off at that too... ever heard of DeBeers and the reason they're not allowed to sell straight into the U.S.?

Umm...wait a minute, you mean you are the richest on this forum I have to beat now??! I thought Chris was the set standard at 400M *oh crap* :box: ( ^_^ )

Don't forget about me nub :)

i'm about to overtake Chris if he is only at 400m although i don't play enough to get really high profits, about 500k-1m a day now only :D

You kids got a long way to go before you pass me at 565mill. :wizard:

Lucky

How do you just happen to come across people like this. Iv only come across two famous people in my entire time of playing. And the first guy was holding a small event.

Edited by b0b2oo0

Lucky

How do you just happen to come across people like this. Iv only come across two famous people in my entire time of playing. And the first guy was holding a small event.

It's easy, you just don't notice them :wizard:.

People get pissed off at that too... ever heard of DeBeers and the reason they're not allowed to sell straight into the U.S.?

Ya Debeers is a big diamond corporation..they liked to maniplate the price of Diamonds so they could make more money...I'm pretty sure Debeers executives are at risk of arrest of they step foot on American Soil.

At the topic on hand:I dislike merching but I don't care enough to complain. :wizard:

Ya Debeers is a big diamond corporation..they liked to maniplate the price of Diamonds so they could make more money...I'm pretty sure Debeers executives are at risk of arrest of they step foot on American Soil.

Yup. Do you know how much a diamond SHOULD cost? Like 1000x less.

My registration was accepted :)

I'd like to welcome him to the forum, one thing I would like to know is a bit more detail on picking items, do they try and focus on consumables, weaponry or materials?

Tell you what, I will get a list of questions together and send them to him one weekend, see if he wont do a follow-up based on these comments :)

Of course it will be up to him to answer them lol

(And I wont send spam questions either lol) -.-

Thanks for the welcome! I would be happy to answer more questions about the clan or merchanting in general. As for the question above - we do not confine ourselves to one 'type' of item. Every item has advantages and disadvantages. Here are some examples

Gnome Scarf:

- (advantage) High game volume

- (advantage) Low game supply: people won't 'produce' them at a high rate when the price rises

- (advantage) High G.E. limit of 100 per 4 hours

- (advantage) Demand raises dramatically over winder/Christmas

- (disadvantage) Players do not buy them in bulk when inflated

- (disadvantage) Some players 'hoard' bulk stacks of them

Saradomin Brew

- (advantage) Essential item. Players will pay more for them

- (advantage) High G.E. limit. Can buy all doses

- (disadvantage) Disrupts gameplay for others

- (disadvantage) *Extremely* high game volume. Could be an advantage only if enough cash is made available

- (disadvantage) High game supply. People will produce them when inflated (not a problem if ingredients are inflated too)

- (disadvantage) Popular 'flipping' item - players hold bulk stacks of them

I could give many more examples but I think you get the idea.

We are considering making a video showing the art (lol) of junk trading. We have some pretty impressive sets of screenshots showing the progression from [90% invested in boosted junk item] --> [100% cash] in just a few hours of trading.

First of all, welcome to Sals. Recently, I was looking at the Smoking Mils twitter and saw you guys chose Infinity Boots, which were at 1.7 million. I was fortunate enough to notice that that Twitter (tweet?) was 5 minutes prior, and that the CC had not been updated with the item. With this interview, I decided to try the merchanting clan experience.

I wound up buying 8 infinity boots at about 1.7 million and another 2 at 1.9, keeping in mind the dump price. Many officers repeated verbatim "drop at 3.5m in about 2 weeks."

I logged in today to see they dropped, and the Clan Chat said "dump". The item was at 2.1 million. Talk about an early dump? It rose 400k (1.7m to 2.1m) out of an aimed 1.8m goal (1.7m to 3.5m). I am somewhat worries at this point because of my cash. I hop on to world 2.

Before I continue, I wanted to ask if the early dump occurred in the first place. 440k increase out of 1.8m goal is only about 18% of the goal increase. Was it just a bad item (since it had risen so much in 180 days)? Or was it early, and I mean extremely early dumpers? Of did the clan just trick? (No, I am not accusing. I think you guys have shown to be 10x more honest than other people). I'm just curious what went on.

Anyways, I was panicked, having invested 90% of my savings in hopping into this early merchant. I did have another 12m in items. I spent 5 hours trying to trade for minimum, junk, or cash. It seems the only stuff I was offered was other crashing items. I am now stuck with a dragon pickaxe that is crashing from 15m, as well as 1.4m steady of addy arrows (p++). the grand exchange updated, and I pit offers for everything in to sell at minimum. Fortunately, I got a few items plus some cash out of it and got rid of my boots, BUT, I have other crashing items. I spent a ling time working on selling and couldn't figure it out. An I'm a pretty msart guy. The theory is that I get junk (iE. Maple longbows u) for my infinity boots, then selling those longs to a general store. I think. I couldn't find anyone that would do that. And I did excerciae patience. Either way, to add to my prior questions, how exactly is junk trading more profitable? I can see how if you're lucky and with some effort it can break even, bit more profitable?

Thank you, I look forward to working with you guys in the future. I apologiZe for typing errors. I am on my iPod touch.

Best Rehards,

~Riz