Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Michelle

Do You Have A Mental Illness?

What mental illness do you have, if yes?

How do you feel about it?

How are you dealing with it?

What are your thoughts on people with mental illnesses?

I have major depression and anxiety.

Depression sucks big time. It's like I died, but my brain forgot to let my body know. I'm tired all the time, I don't want to do anything, but at the same time I'm restless and bored. I have had a few panic attacks, which are not fun. I felt like something was extremely wrong and like I had to get out of the place I was in right away.

I'm dealing with it by taking meds, going to group therapy, and I'm starting to get into meditation and other ways of relaxation.

I think that a lot of people don't understand mental illnesses and there's a stigma towards people with mental illnesses. And in that way a lot of people are made fun of because of their mental illness.

What mental illness do you have, if yes?

I was mis-diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome a while back and i haven't had the diagnosis formally removed and I've been told i could have mild Bipolar which wouldn't be a huge shock but meh.

How do you feel about it? Being normal is for losers.

How are you dealing with it? By waking up at 10 AM working from 12-9 PM coming home eating something and sleeping.

What are your thoughts on people with mental illnesses?

Read 2 questions up.

Clinical acute depression. Therapy for it and a Pysch-Eval Tuesday. It really sucks and my family has a history of serious mental illness.

Guest Emanick

I have Aspberger's, Tourette's and OCD. They all have their flukes, but Aspberger's is the only one I'm glad about having, as I probably owe a lot of my intelligence and math fluency to it. (People with Aspberger's have an above-average IQ (on average (obviously(I'm a tool))) and tend to be very good at certain academic subjects, most commonly math.) I also have the trouble understanding some social issues that goes along with Aspberger's, but I've overcome most of that.

Tourette's and OCD are the major problems. I am constantly obsessed with one thing or another, which is highly annoying, and Tourette's makes me keenly aware of which side of my body, and which part, has touched the ground or another surface, which bothers me as I am compelled to keep this touching symmetrical. I can control this if I exert a little effort, but it is still irritating, especially because it's usually half-subconscious and so I usually don't even think to.

The only thing I take medication for is depression, ironically enough, even though I haven't been diagnosed with depression or anything of the sort. But diagnoses can be wrong. I was also diagnosed with ADD and/or ADHD as a kid, but I'm pretty sure those were "false alarms," and it doesn't matter whether or not they are because I'm going to be the way I am regardless, unless I take more medicine that isn't likely to do much good.

At about 7 I was diagnosed with Attention Deficet Disorder. The docor said it was likely that I had Bipolar, but it turned out that I didn't.

Major depressive disorder and Bipolar.

I don't take medicine for them. I used to, however i felt they worsened the conditions. My Bipolar is pretty much under control, and i've learned to hide my depression, lol.

Not at the moment, i'm a bit obsessive but it's not been medically diagnosed as anything... my family does have a history of Alzheimer's.

I have ADHD.

Does Aids count as a Illness. Im just kiddin, I dont gotz noz aids :wizard:

With ADHD i tend to spazz out when im t xfdsfwdfqwfeewwweqfefwqfewefwewffqewqfew

See, I spazz out a lot :box:

...Yes. Two.

ADHD, and hyperthyroidism. Surprise? It's a little difficult to cope with the latter.

It's called laziness. And I really need to do something about it.

But seriously, no. At least none I know about.

Tourette's makes me keenly aware of which side of my body, and which part, has touched the ground or another surface, which bothers me as I am compelled to keep this touching symmetrical. I can control this if I exert a little effort, but it is still irritating, especially because it's usually half-subconscious and so I usually don't even think to.

I do that exact same thing sub-consciously. Like, often if I'm drumming with my fingers, I'm sub-consciously making sure each one does it an even amount of times :wizard:

I got really paranoid about little things, sort of anger-management problems and claustrophobia (but I'm not sure if those last two count).