Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Riddick

Do You Smoke?

I'd never smoke cigarettes, but I'm smoke weed if I got the chance. My friends say that cigars are good too, so I'd smoke them too.

I smoke cigars on birthdays, new years and occasional events.

Yes- weed and cigarettes in social situations. Anyone who says that weed is bad has either never tried it, or had one bad experience with it and never wants to try it again.

A gram of weed is twenty dollars

Ouch. I can generally pick up high grade 1.8-2.0g for £10, depending on which dealers are about. £10 = $16.4425 USD

That sounds amazing. Best deal I've ever got was like the amount you had for like $20ish, and that's because it was a summer blowout sale.

I find it repulsive, I'd never smoke.

Also, if you aren't of legal age to drink, your life can't be that terrible.

~~Samarkov :wizard:

That's a horrible thing to say. There are millions of teens with acute depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. Age has nothing to do with how much emotional pain you can experience.

Smoking is disgusting... I can't stand the smell... ugh

That's a horrible thing to say. There are millions of teens with acute depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. Age has nothing to do with how much emotional pain you can experience.

It's not a horrible thing to say. It's completely logical. General teens do not deal with having to pay rent, take care of families (unless they chose to), and many other things that parents deal with. Adults have it much harder than teens.

To teens, emotions are over-exaggerated. It may seem worse, but in reality, it is less compared to the struggles adults deal with.

~~Samarkov :box:

It's not a horrible thing to say. It's completely logical. General teens do not deal with having to pay rent, take care of families (unless they chose to), and many other things that parents deal with. Adults have it much harder than teens.

To teens, emotions are over-exaggerated. It may seem worse, but in reality, it is less compared to the struggles adults deal with.

You are incredibly insensitive. Although teen depression may not ALWAYS have external stimuli (although some do, especially those that are in foster care), internal stimuli is just as important. If your brain cannot function properly because of a chemical imbalancing disorder, it's just as bad as any external stimuli. Thousands of children commit suicide every year, and countless ones attempt it. Until you have bipolar disorder or severe depression (like me) that can lead to attempted suicide, don't judge. Adults without disorders but with responsibilities have it BETTER than teens with disorders. That's the way an adult's life is supposed to be- you have important responsibilities that you take care of each and every day. So don't complain that "adults have it much harder than teens." If you want to nice doggy! about your own life, fine. But don't rag on kids with disorders.

You are incredibly insensitive. Although teen depression may not ALWAYS have external stimuli (although some do, especially those that are in foster care), internal stimuli is just as important. If your brain cannot function properly because of a chemical imbalancing disorder, it's just as bad as any external stimuli. Thousands of children commit suicide every year, and countless ones attempt it. Until you have bipolar disorder or severe depression (like me) that can lead to attempted suicide, don't judge. Adults without disorders but with responsibilities have it BETTER than teens with disorders. That's the way an adult's life is supposed to be- you have important responsibilities that you take care of each and every day. So don't complain that "adults have it much harder than teens." If you want to nice doggy! about your own life, fine. But don't rag on kids with disorders.

I'm not talking about mental disorders. Also, I honestly don't care if anyone says I'm insensitive. It's logical, and makes sense to me. I don't ruin thought's perfection with opinions and emotions. I'm talking about teens and adults with no mental disorders.

You also supplied a no finer example of comparing apples to oranges. (Disordered teens to functioning adults).

You can't do this when arguing, everything must be set upon equal ground in order for it to be judged.

~~Samarkov ^_^

I don't like people who smoke they gave me athsma :wizard:

I'm not talking about mental disorders. Also, I honestly don't care if anyone says I'm insensitive. It's logical, and makes sense to me. I don't ruin thought's perfection with opinions and emotions. I'm talking about teens and adults with no mental disorders.

You also supplied a no finer example of comparing apples to oranges. (Disordered teens to functioning adults).

You can't do this when arguing, everything must be set upon equal ground in order for it to be judged.

~~Samarkov ^_^

First off, "thought's perfection"? What rhetoric.

The thing is, comparing teens to adults is JUST like comparing apples to oranges. Adolescents' brains are not fully developed; it's a whole 'nother animal. Although, at their best, teens can act like adults, they don't have certain areas of their brain completely grown, in particular the prefrontal cortex. Also, teens have problems with emotions anyway because of the chemical imbalances that come with adolescence. Not being able to control or understand your own emotions can definitely trouble teens. Adults, on the other hand, have their brains fully developed. If we're comparing teens without mental illnesses to adults without mental illnesses, adults have it better off. They support themselves, make their own decisions, and can basically do what they want within reason. They do have responsibilities, but responsibilities alone are not bad. Overcoming small problems cause people to feel more sure of themselves, proud of their accomplishments. Struggles with emotion are not as tangible, and there is no definite solution.

Speaking from what is rapidly becoming a solid body of experience, Mohorak, I have to agree with Samarkov. A lot of my depression was me being stupid, frankly.

First off, "thought's perfection"? What rhetoric.

Explain.

The thing is, comparing teens to adults is JUST like comparing apples to oranges. Adolescents' brains are not fully developed; it's a whole 'nother animal. Although, at their best, teens can act like adults, they don't have certain areas of their brain completely grown, in particular the prefrontal cortex. Also, teens have problems with emotions anyway because of the chemical imbalances that come with adolescence. Not being able to control or understand your own emotions can definitely trouble teens. Adults, on the other hand, have their brains fully developed. If we're comparing teens without mental illnesses to adults without mental illnesses, adults have it better off. They support themselves, make their own decisions, and can basically do what they want within reason. They do have responsibilities, but responsibilities alone are not bad. Overcoming small problems cause people to feel more sure of themselves, proud of their accomplishments. Struggles with emotion are not as tangible, and there is no definite solution.

You are basing your argument on how fact is perceived and not the fact itself. Perception of how something happens is different than what actually happens. You must agree that what actually happens is more logical than what you perceive happening.

If a teen perceives something to be worse than it is, then thought is corrupt and not truthfully pure. However, by looking at the pure FACT of a situation, adult life is more stressful than a teen's.

Teens do have it hard sometimes, but that's only because we perceive it to be harder than it really is.

edit: Getting late, I think I'll turn in for the night. Hope to see some replies by morning.

Edited by Samarkov

Omg, what a noob. If you smoke it takes away 5 damage, you might kill yourself in 2 cigarettes if your level 3 with 10 HP. That's why I don't smoke, 'cause I don' wanna lose my st00f.

A gram of weed is twenty dollars, that'll get you stoned out of your brains to forget about your sorrows. But to get that drunk, you'd need about 30-50 dollars.

And being addicted to smoking is cheaper than being an alcoholic.

Not if you know where to buy cheap brands it isn't :wizard:

Ever heard of a $5 six pack!? It's a very strong kind to.

A gram of weed is twenty dollars, that'll get you stoned out of your brains to forget about your sorrows. But to get that drunk, you'd need about 30-50 dollars.

And not being addicted to anything is free :wizard:

Not a smoker, not a drinker. There's no benefit for smoking, so what's the point?

Omg, what a noob. If you smoke it takes away 5 damage, you might kill yourself in 2 cigarettes if your level 3 with 10 HP. That's why I don't smoke, 'cause I don' wanna lose my st00f.

GRAVESTONES, YOU N00B!!!!!!1111111one

Not a smoker, not a drinker. There's no benefit for smoking, so what's the point?

Actually for me, it is beneficial.

Edited by Riddick

Occasionally smoke weed. I hate when people say it is bad for me, it is cheaper then alcohol and is less harmful then regular cigarettes.

And not being addicted to anything is free :wizard:

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what an addiction is.

Edited by Noverca

A gram for 20 dollars?

In UK it's 20 quid for 3.5 grams.

I smoke about 10 a day (trying to cut down) and I smoke Marlboro Reds.