Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Om Nom

Omg Jagex Is Making My Suggestion Into A Skill?

Okay so on the 7th of november, 2008, i suggested a skill - buffing. Today in sals chat, we were discussing the new skill, then someone said that jagex told in their youtube channel or something, that the new skill starts with a 'B'.

Now the interesting part. I went to official runescape forum, into Suggestions - Skill > High level content. And discovered that they have hidden my skill suggestion on page 18 (post 3). A rather strange coinsidence don't you think? It is the only post i found in that topic that has been hidden.

If it is congratulations!

If not, buffing seems like a good suggestion, however it seems too much like other games World of Warcraft etc.

Buffing, like temporary boosts in wow? That would be awesome to have that skill in the game, would add more variety to combat and other stuff.

Okay so on the 7th of november, 2008, i suggested a skill - buffing. Today in sals chat, we were discussing the new skill, then someone said that jagex told in their youtube channel or something, that the new skill starts with a 'B'.

Now the interesting part. I went to official runescape forum, into Suggestions - Skill > High level content. And discovered that they have hidden my skill suggestion on page 18 (post 3). A rather strange coinsidence don't you think? It is the only post i found in that topic that has been hidden.

Could you post a link to your suggestion? :wizard:

Could you post a link to your suggestion? :wizard:

It got deleted after it reached page 51. The description and quick find code in the 'high level content' topic have been hidden.

Isn't the new skill so big, it could be a game upon itself? I don't think buffing really fits that description. It could be a part of a new skill.

EG, you train the skill and one of the things you can do with the skill is giving others a buff.

~Razorlike

Isn't the new skill so big, it could be a game upon itself? I don't think buffing really fits that description. It could be a part of a new skill.

EG, you train the skill and one of the things you can do with the skill is giving others a buff.

That is almost certainly an exaggeration.

No, Razorlike is referring to something Jagex stated.

I'd guess not though, because that was quite old and could easily have been Mobilising Armies.

It is definitely a hyperbole.

Okay I found the comment in the youtube channel, it is in runescape channel, in the 'channel comments' page 13.

runescape

runescape (3 days ago)

Hi guys,

HackurServ1, yep thats today at 11pm on W81. I dont mind your youtube name (it r well 1337).

24hoursawake, the new skill coming out is b... wow, that was close. You caught me unawares. Nice try though. ; )

Owenninjah, Im pretty sure you can still play in standard if thats how you roll.

Element12b, Im still havent managed to change the time in my car since the clocks went back last week so i feel your pain. Its 11pm GMT which is London time. Toronto is 5 hours behind I think so Mountain Canada would be... ummm earlier?

Problem processing? hmm, Ill try again...

Also an RSOF topic about the same thing QFC: 16-17-811-59823051 (loads of speculation lol)

This is what people came up with in RSOF:

- Bard

- Bsailing

- Backgammon

- Boat-Riding

- Bsing

- Break-Dancing

- Banking

- Bus-Driving

- Bouncing

- Bar-Tending

- Bin-Searching

- Bombing

- Bartering

- Bug-Collecting

- Bug-Transforming

- Bug-Identifying

- Bee-Keeping

- Bunking

- Battling

- Banana-Eating

- Busting

- Bounty-Hunting

- Bumping

- Book

- Bank-Robbing

- Bike-Riding

- Beer-Drinking

- Bubble-Blowing

- Bubble-Bobble

- Bat-Riding (rofl)

- Batman and robin

- Back Biting

- Blackmail

- Body Painting

- Beast-Riding

- Bear-Baiting

- Bot-Busting

- Banning

- Burping

- Barn

- Bravery

- Burning out Co2

- Bowling

- Bailing

- Begging

- Brewing

- Basketball

- Breathing

- Bathing

- Bone-yard

- Barber

- Bullying

- Believer

- Bottling

- Body-building

- Barrows-digging

- Banishing

- Boning

- Burning

- Bargaining

- Belching

- Ballistics

- Breathilizer

- Boxing

- Bronzology

- Bitting

- Betting

- Blood-Letting

- Body-Snatcher

- Bewitchery

- Befollery

- Bill-Collecting

- Berserk

- Business

- Botanist

- Byproducing

- Badminton

- Baseball

- Babying

- Birthing

- b*tch'n

- Ballet

- Baptism

- Bio-Chemistry

- Buccaneering

- Broadcasting

- Blasphemy

- Battle of the bands

- Buddhism

- Butchering

- Beauty-Queening

- Blarging

- Bugging

- Book Sniffing

- Back-Stabbing

- Barack Obama

- Butt Cramping

- Bass playing

- Bed Making

- Beer can crushing

- Baretta .50 Calibur Sniper Rifle shooting (very possible :wizard: )

- Base-Jumping

- Bearding (as growing a beard)

- Balloon flying

- Braaaaiiinnsss...

- Bomb-Making

- Bunny throwing

- Bouyage

- Bungee jumping

- Bestiary

- Blading

- Boarding

- Biting

- Birthdaying

- Being a noob

- Bingo

- Bagle Baking

- Boat wars

- Bowfishing

- Blockading

- Betraying

- Bluffing

- Bundling

- Bandaging

- Beautyfying

- Befriending

- Blinding

- Brainwashing

- Burger flipping

- Balls

- Big Balls

These are about half of all the absurd ideas out there :box: . And no1 said buffing.

Edited by Spybot

Bomb making is on that list. O_o

I wanna be a terrorist!

Explosives engineering would be so awesome!

Okay I found the comment in the youtube channel, it is in runescape channel, in the 'channel comments' page 13.

runescape

runescape (3 days ago)

Hi guys,

HackurServ1, yep thats today at 11pm on W81. I dont mind your youtube name (it r well 1337).

24hoursawake, the new skill coming out is b... wow, that was close. You caught me unawares. Nice try though. ; )

Owenninjah, Im pretty sure you can still play in standard if thats how you roll.

Element12b, Im still havent managed to change the time in my car since the clocks went back last week so i feel your pain. Its 11pm GMT which is London time. Toronto is 5 hours behind I think so Mountain Canada would be... ummm earlier?

Problem processing? hmm, Ill try again...

Also an RSOF topic about the same thing QFC: 16-17-811-59823051 (loads of speculation lol)

This is what people came up with in RSOF:

- Bard

- Bsailing

- Backgammon

- Boat-Riding

- Brainwashing

- Burger flipping

- Balls

- Big Balls

These are about half of all the absurd ideas out there :wizard: . And no1 said buffing.

Thanks for posting the list. I laughed pretty hard at lots of 'em.

Re: "b..." - Since the "..." was added after the "b", highlighting that this wasn't a spontaneous slip up but more of a teasing joke, then, based on this alone, there's no reason to think that the new skill begins with "b" any more than any other letter. This could be disinformation! Plus, the comment might just as well have finished like, "...the new skill coming out is bETTER than any skill already in the game." or "...the new skill coming out is bEING tested more thoroughly than any other before it."

On the other hand, the hiding of your 2008 post, and the fact that Buffing certainly seems like a more likely new skill than many others that have been suggested since the last skill was released, point back to the possible reality of "b..." as a correct clue. I like detective stories, so, cool topic.

Edited by Vorgore

Bomb making is on that list. O_o

I wanna be a terrorist!

Explosives engineering would be so awesome!

Or just have Engineering as a skill perhaps?