Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
definedeath2

Becoming A Member

Question

Hey guys! I just became a member for the first time and ya, i'm in need of some serious guidance!

Before going out and training and doing quests ect. i'd like to gear up. (My stats are in my siggy). If there is armour better then rune that won't break the bank (I have 1.5m) could someone please speak up... I wouldn't mind getting some cool looking casual clothing. Stuff like berets and things (only cheaper). And lastly how does someone with my stats train things like strength, attack and defence? Thanks for the help!

Edited by definedeath2

18 answers to this question

I am guessing you have completed all the FreePlay Quests... Complete some Member Quests which you have the requirements for. This page should help you. I also suggest exploring the members area and learn your way around. -.-

I agree with the above poster, quests are a great way to start. Not only do they unlock new places (to train and make money) but they also bring xp. After completing some of the beginner quests, try out the members skills. Find one you like and find a way to make money by doing it; this doesn't have to be a member's stat, for example, spinning flax is good crafting xp and money. After you train your melee stats up a bit (rock crabs, flesh crawlers and giants are not bad options), you will be ready for some better armor/weapons. Dragon weapons become a good choice, but these require quests. As for armor, rune is not a bad option, however, you should get a better helmet, shield, boots and accesories. As for casual clothes, those will come as you get better. For the time being, you should have more on your mind than looking cool.

Edited by Funny Bunny

you also asked how to train attack str and defense?

At your level, get the best weapon you can that has a fast attack (I think rune scimmy would be good for you)

Get some decent/ cheap food. You are mem now so you can steal cake in ardy for free.

And kill fleshies.

Aka Flesh crawlers, they are in the second level of the Sos. And in mems it's not as crowded as f2p.

Thanks people! But how do I get money? I mean my skills are relatively low and I don't know what to do to get money.

kill stuff! no better way to make some money than mass murder!

in all seriousness try killing some members only creatures with good drops (or useful) drops. If you're gonna train summoning kill rock crabs for their charms and collect the other drops as well.

Thanks people! But how do I get money? I mean my skills are relatively low and I don't know what to do to get money.

Your woodcutting level is pretty darn high, I guess you should train woodcutting to maybe about 70+ and woodcut yews in Edgeville.

Do some quests.

Also, I found that fletching is quite a fun skill to train and u dont get that bad a pay for it either. (once u get the level higher)

I found that once I hit members, I earned a lot of money just training fishing (best skill in my opinion)!

But also, fletching, woodcutting, combat, runecrafting and mining all make loads of cash at higher levels!

Good luck to ya! Hope this helped!!

Do what I did when I first became a member. Just go wild, explore places, do quests, play Castle Wars, and of course train skills. Levelling up skills is so much easier in Members.

You could always start woodcutting and fishing because members have a lot more fishing and wcing places tha nons.

Thanks all! I got my woodcutting up to 70 and now I want to get it to 72 cutting yews for a bit of money then get to 90 cutting ivy (about 2kexp every 1.5mins!) then start cutting magic logs. Thanks you guys helped and now i'm getting the hang of this member thing =)

Quests are good for getting to know the member area and items, they also unlock new spells and ways of transportation. When i first became a member, i spent most of my time walking around so my recommendation is do the quests which unlock transportation. Have a look here for a list of transportation methods.

For money you could try killing green dragons, just bring some food and i would recommend bringing an anti fire potion so the only damage you'll be taking is from their melee attacks. If you need any help i'm almost always in my cc "bryanqwert"

if ur in need of cash, do double nat running. refer to sal's money making guide for more info.

I say train your attack to 60, do Lost City, dragon long it up and go kill some green dragons for a while! They're decent money, even at lower levels. -.-

I really advise doing Fremmy Trials so you can use a Berserker Helm. Do Druid Ritual and Wolf Whistle to unlock skills. Do fishing contest for a practical way of getting from Taverly to Catherby. Do Lost City for access to Dragon dagger, Dragon Longsword, another slayer master and Zanaris. Do Priest in Peril for access to Canfis, another slayer master and a slayer tower. Also do Grand Tree for Gliders and Tree Gnome Village for access to Spirit Trees. At your level, get a few friends and go Giant Mole hunting, it's quite fun! -.- For money, Green Dragons are great, just take a super set. Yews are your best bet for money if you want to get money off skilling.

That's all I remember off the top of my head. Hope I helped! :)

you also asked how to train attack str and defense?

At your level, get the best weapon you can that has a fast attack (I think rune scimmy would be good for you)

Get some decent/ cheap food. You are mem now so you can steal cake in ardy for free.

And kill fleshies.

Aka Flesh crawlers, they are in the second level of the Sos. And in mems it's not as crowded as f2p.

oh trust me it is very crowded, try slayer instead. slayer is good money and xp.