Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sparhawke

The Temple at Senntisten

temple_at_senntisten.jpg

If you’ve passed all your archaeology exams you’ll know just how strict the researchers at the Digsite can be, so when an unproven archaeologist shows an interest in restoring the temple you discovered in the caverns under the site, the archaeological expert there is somewhat suspicious.

As it so happens, your colleague Ali the Wise is also an acquaintance of this Dr Nabanik, and has suggested that you might be of assistance. With Dr Nabanik’s experience and your adventuring know-how combined, perhaps you can restore this long-forgotten temple.

It won’t be easy, though. Only original artefacts are good enough for this expert in all things ancient, and the current owners of these artefacts are unlikely to give them up without a considerable fight.

“Since creating the first quest in this recent Mahjarrat series – The Tale of the Muspah – I’ve been eager to develop more. Mod Newmatic (Missing My Mummy), Paul (Curse of Arrav) and I combined forces to bring you this latest episode of Mahjarrat-based antics.”

Mod Roderick

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start The Temple at Senntisten:

Speak to Ali the Wise at his home in Nardah.

Requirements to complete The Temple at Senntisten:

50 Prayer

Desert Treasure

Devious Minds

The Curse of Arrav

125 Kudos with Varrock Museum

In other news...

There's a new setting in the display options menu for CPU usage, so you can set how much of your computer's CPU resources are available to RuneScape. You may have to test it out to see which setting works best for your setup.

The delivery cost for dragon daggers has been slightly adjusted and their initial shop supply has been improved.

The recharge costs for most items (excluding gloves) from Fist of Guthix have been reduced.

Five minutes before your cannon fully decays, you’ll notice some new animation effects to give you a bit more warning.

For those who have not completed the Cryptic Clue Fest, we will be removing it from the game on the week commencing 7th December, so you have a few more days to unravel it.

Patch Notes

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

• Improved the saw animations used in the Brimhaven Agility Arena.
  • Improved the Falador wall posts.
  • Adjusted the wield position of spears for Sophanem guards.
  • Removed a label issue when running with certain swords.
  • Adjusted several fishing animations slightly to reduce render issues.
  • Re-coloured the end of a log balance that differed from the other sections.
  • Ensured that the string for the camulet is now visible.
  • Fixed a river section in the desert.
  • Adjusted some height mapping in the desert.
  • Ensured that the sinister chest opens to the correct version.
  • Synchronised the chat head of the melee advisor with his actual hair.
  • Fixed the inventory icon for the Zamorak spear.
  • Fixed a dip in the floor in the Heroes' Guild.
  • Fixed some mapping issues near Ardougne Zoo.
  • Fixed a cave entrance that was on a hill.
  • Stopped players’ feet rendering through the floor in the Monastery.
  • Adjusted a floating balloon animal.
  • Fixed a shadow issue with some ladders.
  • Flattened out a herb farming patch.
  • Fixed some more roof problems at the Grand Tree.
  • Fixed a couple of models that interfere with two-handed swords.
  • Stopped some flooring disappear on Lunar Isle.
  • Adjusted the holding position for the rat pole.
  • Adjusted the models for runecrafter skirts.
  • Adjusted an unintended view of the Gnome Stronghold from Baxtorian Falls.
  • Fixed a ground problem near Oaknock's machine.
  • A tree no longer clips through a house in East Ardougne.
  • Removed an extra minigame icon from the minimap that had no corresponding game attached.
  • Adjusted some of the models used in the Lighthouse.
  • Fixed a problem with the roof in Yanille bank.
  • Added the correct images for brutal Strength requirements in the skill guide.
  • Ensured that the TzHaar maul now animates the first attack correctly.
  • Updated some of the wall kit in the Underground Pass.
  • Fixed a map problem when diving underwater.
  • Changed the wall colours to match near the furnace on Entrana.
  • Fixed the water near Sophanem.
  • Fixed a camera problem near Otto's hut.
  • Removed a problem with some cave walls showing strips of white.
  • Improved certain chathead animations if you had a moustache.
  • Fixed a problem with some of the circus headwear and the comb-over hairstyle.
  • Items dropped in the middle of the Maze random event will no longer float.
  • Re-shaped an odd looking bush near the Exam Centre.
  • Fixed a graphical problem with the Observatory in standard detail mode.
  • Levelled some of the roof in Edgeville to be flush with the walls.
  • Changed the render order for some bricks near the Slayer Tower.
  • Adjusted the animations and timing when teleporting using the fairy rings to certain locations.

Audio

• Snakes now randomly hiss.
  • Added a selection of sound effects to the machinery in Perils of Ice Mountain.
  • Added a bell-ringing sound in Tindel's shop.
  • Added key sounds to the key ring.
  • Added sound effects to the large blocks on the Agility Pyramid.
  • Prevented the evil tree interfering with your music.
  • Added various sound effects to magic spells for variety.
  • Corrected the unlock hint for the "Undercurrent" song.

Quests

• Overhauled some parts of the Golem quest to make things clearer.
  • Rewrote some of the code for The Giant Dwarf quest.
  • Corrected the reward listed by the Advisor system for Horror from the Deep.
  • Fixed a problem where some players were getting stuck in Chosen Commander quest.

Minigames

• Inserted a proper fix for the fruit bat familiar when used in the Duel Arena.
  • Fixed a few issues with the imp follower from the recently reworked Champions’ Challenge update.

Miscellaneous

• The bookcase in your POH is now sorted alphabetically by quest.
  • Corrected a few Adventurer's Log links.
  • You'll now face the right direction when collecting ectoplasm with buckets.
  • Redbeard Frank now correctly explains how to use the reward item from the Falador Achievement Diary.
  • Updated the raven dialogue to actually talk when it's in your POH menagerie.
  • Improved the log balance code near the Coal Trucks.
  • Fixed a few spelling errors.
  • Corrected some fonts and special characters that were incorrect.
  • Rewrote the code that checks to see if familiars can attack Slayer creatures.
  • A message now warns you that the seers’ headband light source will not work in the haunted mine.
  • Changed the combat interface text to better match the fighting styles for the Flail of Ivandis.
  • Fixed an AI problem with the horned graahk if your Hunter level dropped below the level required to hunt them.
  • Adjusted the town crier chat.
  • Made a slight change to the way the game handles private/friends filtering upon login.
  • Various items on the Grand Exchange that are also sold in the Warrior's Guild should have more freedom to move.

Those new Prayers really don't look that great... but i'm sure Dragon Bones will go through the roof nonetheless.

that is a fact -.-

the prayers are balanced

they are good but not overpowered

and only for use in pvp

Edited by Egghebrecht

Why have they brought back the horrible font that got shot down so quickly last time.....

I'm really excited for this quest, I've been anticipating it for a while and I have all the requirements. When I get home from school I shall immediately start -.-

I noticed you need kudos, that's good. It's an actual reason for getting them.

Those new Prayers really don't look that great... but i'm sure Dragon Bones will go through the roof nonetheless.

that is a fact -.-

the prayers are balanced

they are good but not overpowered

and only for use in pvp

I agree with that. They look nice and useful, and many players will be willing to level their prayer for these curses.

Hm, maybe my procrastination for 60 Prayer might be a good thing. -.-

About time! I have been dying for another quest to do for quite some time now.

It's not easy being a questaholic!

-.-

I'm not very fond of this quest series but I'm happy I've got a quest to do.

the quick double update means according to my adventurers log im both finished & still working on the new quest -.-

I predict there will be massive complaints from people who can't do this quest and think it's an unfair avantage to people who can use them becuase they can't be bothered to get there skills up and/or do the quests required to do this quest.

This is also a great update for prayer making that more useful. The deflect prayers are really useful and will make boss fights that much easier. With the high levels required for these prayers it seems to be farily balanced.

Just completed it :) I'll probably never use the new prayers -.-

Yay, another quest, and one I can't do yet because I haven't beat Devious Minds yet. Smithing's too low... Oh well, it's another quest, which is a good thing, and it won't delay my quest cape much because it didn't raise skill requirements any.

The prayer thing looks like a cool update, though. Useful, but balanced. Too bad I don't have a supply of dragon bones handy, I could make a bit of money. I guess I might get a bit of my training defense to 70 done at green dragons...or maybe not, I don't really need the money and I hate training...

Edited by Yippee

Cool,cheaper recharge rate.

Time to get some rune bresker sheilds and rune gloves!!

Prayer update looks pretty cool, people with 99/high prayer have been deserving this for awhile. Unfortunately there goes my plan to get 70 anytime soon... -.-

They already changed the font back. :)

Finally! High level prayers! They really made an interesting twist with the leaching and new protection prayers. I'm also glad they they're finally continuing the Zaros plot line. New music track "zaros stirs" ftw.

They already changed the font back. :)

No they didn't -.-

An update on a Thursday is kinda late though. Atleast it's a new quest.

Someone please tell me the rewards so I'll be motivated to do Missing my Mummy <3

Edit: Never mind. Definitely doing this quest so I can keep more items. Oh darn I've said too much. Read the spoiler

Fi Protect Item 50 If this curse is active it allows you to keep an additional item when you die.

Sap Warrior 50 Drain enemy Attack, Strength and Defence by 10%, increasing to 20% over time.

Sap Ranger 52 Drain enemy Ranged and Defence by 10%, increasing to 20% over time.

Sap Mage 54 Drain enemy Magic and Defence by 10%, increasing to 20% over time.

Sap Spirit+ 56 Drain enemy special attack energy.

Berserker 59 Boosted combat stats last 15% longer.

Deflect Summoning 62 Deflects damage caused by Summoning scrolls and enemy familiars.

Deflect Magic 65 Protects against damage from Magic attacks and can deflect some of the damage back onto the attacker.

Deflect Missiles 68 Protects against damage from Ranged attacks and can deflect some of the damage back onto the attacker.

Deflect Melee 71 Protects against damage from melee attacks and can deflect some of the damage back onto the attacker.

Leech Attack 74 Boosts Attack by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Attack by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.

Leech Ranged 76 Boosts Ranged by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Ranged by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.

Leech Magic 78 Boosts Magic by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Magic by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.

Leech Defence 80 Boosts Defence by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Defence by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.

Leech Strength 82 Boosts Strength by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Strength by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.

Leech Energy 84 Boosts run energy, while draining enemy run energy by up to 10%.

Leech Special Attack 86 Boosts special attack energy, while draining enemy special attack energy by up to 10%.

Wrath 89 If this curse is active when you die, it deals damage of up to 25% of your max Prayer to all nearby enemies in a 5x5 radius. Note that this curse will not hurt other players outside of PvP areas, and it won't hit multiple targets in non-multicombat zones.

Soul Split 92 If this curse is active when you are fighting another player, they will lose 1 Prayer point (and you will gain 1 Hitpoint) for every four points of damage you do to them. This curse drain effect isn't affected by your victim's protection prayers.

Turmoil 95 Increases your Attack and Defence by 15% (+15% of enemy's Attack/Defence), and Strength by 23% (+10% of enemy's Strength).

It's runewiki

Edited by Blasphemy