Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cxkslei

A Christmas Warble - 100% Completed

Transparent Candy Cane:

CandyCane.png

Tidied Candy Cane Stats(The edging is sill on the one in the guide):

candycanestats.png

When you speak to Santa you need to ask him “Why did you ruin the Queen of Snow’s feast?” and tell him “We’re here to ask you to release Santa” and of course he’s going to extraordinarily arrogant. You’re imp will then tell you the new plan is Ghosts!

I think you mean Scourge, not Santa.

*Your

*going to be

Did you want a full look-over?

That would be great.

Could someone figure out the img problem?

Edited by LightSlei

That's going to have to wait until someone manages to figure out where the problem in the BB code is because I don't see it.

That's going to have to wait until someone manages to figure out where the problem in the BB code is because I don't see it.

I think the problem is the last line:

Edited by Roy

I think the problem is the last line:

I added that into the code after I got the error, just so you guys can see what it is, that'll be removed if someone locates the problem so I can fix it.

Should really learn the read further than my nose...

I've coded the part that is the problem:

// Look something I can actually be bothered enough to do.

// If you're going to whine that someone already started writing a guide, do not post on this topic, it will be considered spam and therefore pointless. Guide writing is a competition, learn that.

Written by: LightSlei (Cxkslei)

Special Thanks: Roy, Sheel, Synapsi, Bwauder, Neo Avatars, Kingme, Jethraw, Sayf, Lukepwnage, Goliath, Special, cozmoid,

Title: A Christmas Warble

Skills Needed: None

Items Needed: None

Useful Items: Empty Bucket(s)

Where To Start: Talk to one of the Snow Imps at the Christmas Feast in the Land of Snow.

* "This holiday event will only be available during Christmas."

//This event was poorly made in the sense that it should of been an isolated event and was not, if you are struggling trying to find something, try again on another server or at a later date as it is difficult to find NPC's due to this poor design.

To get to the Land of the Snow you will need to go through a Christmas Wardrobe in Draynor, Varrock, or Falador.

For Sal: This is the table:

Draynor - Falador - Varrock

draynor.png - falador.png - varrockt.png

devjlt.png - izryc0.png - 2uonjhs.png

You will learn when you arrive from a Partygoer that Ebenezer Scourge is the one responsible for stealing all the food of the feasts, and kidnapping Santa. You are then told to talk to the Snow Imps who are investigating.

The imp you need to speak to is near the fountain, on the southern end of the area you are in, and if you have played RuneScape in prior years is the same imp whom you have helped before. *Each imp has their own name; different players can have differently named imps.

29cxoaw.png

When the imp asks for help reply “Count me in”, and travel to the house to the East. Now talk to Ebenezer Scourge who lives in the house, you can find him in the room west of the entrance. He may be under several hundred imps which can make him difficult to find.

chat164323.png

When you speak to Scourge you need to ask him “Why did you ruin the Queen of Snow’s feast?” and tell him “We’re here to ask you to release Santa” and of course he’s going to extraordinarily arrogant. You’re imp will then tell you the new plan is Ghosts!

acy8p3.png

Time for the item search, seeing as it’s random for everyone check every barrel, wardrobe or any other places you can search on the ground floor of the house for Chainschain.png, A needle, Thread, and Bedsheetsbedsheet.png. Once you have these items, use them to make a “Ghost Costume” ghostbottom.png

[img=http://img138.imageshack.us/i/ghosttop.png/]

ghosthood.png. Now your imp will tell you that you need to find out about Scourge’s past, specifically a mistake he made. Now who might know about a mistake? Well go talk to the Queen of Snow, you can find her back at the party under the tent on the northern end. You will most likely have to right click as other users seem incapable of keeping their Snow Imps from blocking her from view. The Snow Queen will tell you that Scourge and her had once been in love, but he had returned to Gielinor. In the time he was gone the Snow Queen learned that he had become evil, and had met jolly old St. Nick and fell in love with him. When Scourge returned and learned that he couldn’t have The Snow Queen back he swore vengeance, and just recently returned. The Snow Queen believes this is his vengeance.

chat164323.png

Return to Scourge’s house, disarm yourself, otherwise you won’t be able to progress. Now climb up the stairs and a cutscene will play.

Choose the first option: “I am a ghost”

Choose the second option referring to chains: “The weight of my sins”

Choose the second option: “What about betraying the Queen of Snow?”

Now guests at the party will be caught in a fire, a total of six, and Scourge is blocking the Queen of Snow’s magic so it’s up to us.

The order is random for each person therefore I advise having either a program like Notepad open, or a pen and paper, or a camera. The six guests are General Wartface, General Bentnoze, Partygoer, Tiny Thom, Cook, and Sir Amik Varze. Free them in the order that is the reverse of the Red Sparks when the curse is set or reset.

2v2t7cn.png

Use buckets on the fountain on the southern end to fill them with Icy Water. Use the Icy Water on the people trapped in the flames. If the curse does not reset, you will get both a cutscene and a message warning you if it does, add the name to your list, so you can count the order you have correct. Continue until you are able to complete your pattern and free all of the guests.

/*The following paragraph is subject to change depending on your order until I am given more information as I finished with Tiny Thom:

Your snow imp will tell you that you can use this spoiled brat to show Scourge the error of his ways, and now it’s time for the Ghost of Christmas Present to make a stage appearance.

Choose the second option: “Not until you have seen what I have come to show you”

Choose the second option: “Tiny Thom”

Now once back downstairs, talk to your Snow Imp again who will tell you, you have to show Scourge the future. Go back up the stairs, and Scourge will ask you if you are the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come, which you are obviously playing as.

Choose the following options as they appear:

1. Angry

2. Scare

3. Dramatic Point

After you choose Dramatic Point the Snow Imp will summon up a tombstone with Scourge’s name on it which seems to shock him.

1z6ds2q.png

After this Scourge will free Santa and return the food.

Now go and talk to Santa Claus, on the northern end of the Feast tables, close by the tent who will tell you that he left a present for you and your Snow Imp underneath the tree. Go over to the Christmas Tree on the South-Eastern end and open your present. Congratulations Quest Complete.

egacs7.gif

Rewards:

Candy Cane canycane.png

Ghost Costume

The Dramatic Point Emote emote.png

Music Tracks: Silent Knight, Smorgasbord, Ghost of Christmas Presents

candycanewield.png

ghostcostume.png

**The Candy Cane has an emote isolated to the item, “Spin”, which allows you to throw it in the air and catch it, at the moment there is also a glitch if the Candy Cane is in the air and you switch the item you are wielding.

Extras:

For members with the Camulet Amulet there is an amusing conversation with Maurice the Camel.

If this is your first Winter event, you will unlock all prior Winter emotes as well.

What do I still need: Grammar Check, All possible lists, HD Copies of the Pictures above and actually full pictures, those were taken from my video reel so they suck, so someone else needs to get me copies if possible. Also now need transparencies.

This guide is ©LightSlei 2009, written exclusively and only for use at Sal's Realm of RuneScape. If this is accepted to the site, I forfeit copyright, and copyright of this guide then belongs to Salmoneus of Sal's Realm of RuneScape.

Thanks Roy, that leaves only one picture left and this can be called complete.

I might as well stop being lazy and get it on an alt -.-

Thanks Roy, that leaves only one picture left and this can be called complete.

I might as well stop being lazy and get it on an alt :)

You better get it, because this is an excellent guide and walkthrough of the event. I wish you the best of luck on getting it on the site! -.-

As of Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009, 3:45PM Eastern Standard Time I hereby declare this guide completed. -.-

Toward\'s the beginning of the guide, at the part where u first go to Scrooge in the Ghost Outift. You put some code tabs around a picture.

Just that picture is needed then? what was the picture of, I may be able to re-take it? cause it comes out like this:

ghosttop.png

Edited by Lukepwnage

Here's an idea you can add to your guide:

Get a piece of paper and pen, and see which.

You can use screenshots, too, and see how that works.

I did the paper an pen, took me a few throws of water (for the order to show) and it worked well.

That's just my recommendation, can;t say much though.

-.-

Guess so, ok so guide's 99.9% completed, I thought that was fixed.

Whats is the picture of? I can retake it probably!

Guess so, ok so guide's 99.9% completed, I thought that was fixed.

Whats is the picture of? I can retake it probably!

Transparency of the ghost robes.

Nice guide, the one thing I noticed that you might have to fix is the name of the camel. I myself had Louie the Camel on three different accounts (Checked to make sure that it was a different camel each time), so you might have to change the name from Maurice to Louie, or just not specify the camel's name.

i didn't see this in the guide so i figured i might as well tell you

the order for the curse part is the opposite order they got cursed with tiny thom always last

Nice guide, the one thing I noticed that you might have to fix is the name of the camel. I myself had Louie the Camel on three different accounts (Checked to make sure that it was a different camel each time), so you might have to change the name from Maurice to Louie, or just not specify the camel's name.

Can someone else confirm?

i didn't see this in the guide so i figured i might as well tell you

the order for the curse part is the opposite order they got cursed with tiny thom always last

You have lost 1 level in reading.

Now guests at the party will be caught in a fire, a total of six, and Scourge is blocking the Queen of Snow’s magic so it’s up to us.

The order is random for each person therefore I advise having either a program like Notepad open, or a pen and paper, or a camera. The six guests are General Wartface, General Bentnoze, Partygoer, Tiny Thom, Cook, and Sir Amik Varze. Free them in the order that is the reverse of the Red Sparks when the curse is set or reset.

Just a quick grammar thing I noticed:

When the imp asks for help reply “Count me in”, and travel to the house to the East. Now talk to Ebenezer Scourge who lives in the house, you can find him in the room west of the entrance. He may be under several hundred imps which can make him difficult to find.

Should be:

When the imp asks for help, reply “Count me in”, and travel to the house to the East. Now talk to Ebenezer Scourge who lives in the house. You can find him in the room west of the entrance. He may be under several hundred imps, which can make him difficult to find.

Great guide, Slei, it looks excellent! It's well written, detailed, and should definitely be a huge help to readers looking for a guide on the event -- well done! :)

-Accepted- -.-

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.