Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
-Propellent-

Shoplifting....

I never shoplift in my life exept for this one time when I was five and I was at the dollar store w/ my cousin and I saw this panda book and I kinda took it and when we came out my cousin was yelling at me, but I as never caught. I have a friend that went shopping with my other friend yesterday and I couldn't go because my family went shopping for new furnitures. Yesterday, my other friend stole like $40 worth of stuff. Then today, I saw them again holding a shoebox, and inside the box was like $100 worth of stuff! I swear. My other friend that doesn't steal said she wanted this one shirt that she cannot afford with her allowance so then my friend who steals says she'll steal it for her. When I saw all the stuff she stole, I was very impress. She gave me 2 cute keychains and 1 bottle of black nail polish. Although, part of me feel like I'm breaking the law even though she stole it. I'm kind of a good girl and I'm very weak so I feel 90% guilty right now.

lol id think nothin of it..thats like 3$ worth of stuff..maybe if it was some like dope hoodie like thts 100$+ then maybe feel guilty but i wouldnt anyway..everyone does stuffs tht they shouldnt..nd u didnt do anythin so why worry

pointless imo

Edited by Demonic Christ

What is the point of this topic? Only idiots endorse shoplifting.

~John

I agree, this has little discussional value.

Flaming wil get you nowhere...

I think I've shoplifted when I was small. Or attempted to. I was like 4 or 5. I don't remember what though..

Mmm, shoplifting. This topic always has me split in so many ways.

I think stealing from someONE is wrong. They directly lose out and that may harm them in the short term, because they won't be able to cover a certain bill perhaps, or pay for food, that sort of thing.

I feel like stealing from a big corporation isn't quite as wrong, because you're ultimately stealing from the person at the top. Everyone else still gets paid, but the person who has millions already and really doesn't need any more loses some, which I don't think is all that terrible. They can still live fine.

Anyways, I still don't steal, more because I'm too afraid to get caught than because I think it's morally wrong to steal from a big store.

Shoplifting is a crime no matter what the thing is...

But you shouldn't accept things from them because when you do you become someone who is involved!

~John

I agree, this has little discussional value.

Flaming wil get you nowhere...

I hardly see how that was flaming. It's criticism, if anything.

Anyway, because other people are talking about it, I believe shoplifting is wrong. I've never done it.

Why waiste your future career and trust for a couple of 100$.

~Razorlike

If those are the type of friends you have then it's best not to have them as friends. They have committed a crime. And stealing is indeed a crime.

The right thing to do is report this act to the authorities. If they are not stopped now, who knows how far they could take this. I ask you to do the right thing here and inform the police on this. It's for their own good.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

~John

http://www.newssniffer.co.uk/articles/293917/diff/1/2

And what is the point of posting the link? It is clear plenty of people endorse shoplifting, to some extent. It does not make them any less stupid.

~John

Five finger discount.

Seriously though, it's wrong and stupid. Sure I've done it before, but have been caught. Not worth the risk.

It's a very immoral thing to do.

I suggest you tell the shopkeeper what your friend did and it will teach her a lesson people have to work for what they want.

By stealing, everyone i.e. your parents have to pay tax to make up for the companies loss due to someone stealing.

Yay now you've just admitted you've handled stolen goods and stolen goods. Tell the shop keeper who did it, it's for your friends own good and dependant on what state you're in they could be in quite a bit of trouble.

Oh come on,Shop lifting isn't all that bad you know.A occasional snickers or a coke is good.........100$ suggest you tell them you'll take it to the police if it's of that big of a amount next time.

Have any one of you shop lifted?

It's a good sport,I mean it on the smaller magnitude i.e.below 10$

Well at least I enjoy it because of the adrenaline rush,First time I shop lifted.......I just didn't feel right,I went back the next day and payed for it XD

Oh come on,Shop lifting isn't all that bad you know.A occasional snickers or a coke is good.........100$ suggest you tell them you'll take it to the police if it's of that big of a amount next time.

Well at least I enjoy it because of the adrenaline rush,First time I shop lifted.......I just didn't feel right,I went back the next day and payed for it XD

I think the sum's placed into categories though, so the exact figure isn't that important. So $250 is like a class 6 felony?

Doesn't matter how small it is. It's stealing.

Not just you would get in trouble if you were caught, but also your parents. If you don't get caught, the shop's staff will get in trouble, especially if this happens on occasional business.

Taking something and putting it in your pocket when nobody's looking is not a sport, but a crime.

And now I'm gonna sound like your mom, but before you know it you get used to stealing and you end up much worse than you thought.

And no, I will never steal anything, and never have. I don't have the right to take stuff from people and claim it as mine.

Edited by Kwinten

If those are the type of friends you have then it's best not to have them as friends. They have committed a crime. And stealing is indeed a crime.

Just because they did a bad thing it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad people. Some of my good friends have stolen in the past (something they're not proud of either) but I'm not going to stop being friends with them because of it.

How OLD are you guys?

Well,it maybe because of where we live,in my place an occasional 1$ flick isn't a big deal....Almost everyone in my class has done it.

How OLD are you guys?

Well,it maybe because of where we live,in my place an occasional 1$ flick isn't a big deal....Almost everyone in my class has done it.

If almost everyone in your class jumped off a cliff, would you? -.-

How OLD are you guys?

If almost everyone in your class jumped off a cliff, would you? -.-

Umm....sure united we stand divided we fall.

Yeah but this guy's going over just the $1 mark.

Just because they did a bad thing it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad people. Some of my good friends have stolen in the past (something they're not proud of either) but I'm not going to stop being friends with them because of it.

Then if you want to keep them, act like a good a friend and stop them from commuting crime. It's for their own good.

Theres no real difference between shoplifting small amounts (e.g. a chocolate bar/bottle of drink) and underage drinking/smoking. Yet despite this small difference, peoples reactions to the two crimes are completely different. E.g. look throughout this thread, almost everyone is saying how bad shoplifting is, how it ruins your life, yet in a thread discussing underage drinking (e.g. this one) suddenly nobody, or few people, care about breaking the law.

Alcohol can ruin your life. It kills tons and tons of people every year, either directly or indirectly. Yet people don't really care about alcoholism or its effects on teenagers. But steal a $2 chocolate bar, and omg your entire life is going to be ruined, your going to get a criminal record, you will never get a good job in your life.

Personally I don't care what people do with their own lives - they can do as they wish, and if you don't like it, find some new friends.