Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Salmoneus

Christmas Warble, Pest Control & Smithing Help

We now have our Christmas 2009: A Christmas Warble event guide online, with a step by step walkthrough on completing this year's event! A big thanks goes to LightSlei for writing this excellent guide for us so quickly! Our Pest Control minigame guide has also been completely rewritten to include the most up to date information on the game, along with a detailed strategy and lots of other must-know information for playing the game. A super-big thanks goes to Blyaunte for this much-needed rewrite! And lastly, our Smithing Help guide has been rewritten as well to include updated information, and now includes several of the best methods for training Smithing and earning cash for it! Many thanks goes to Wildman for writing this excellent guide for us! -.-

Awesome guides! -.- I believe the Christmas Warble guide is missing one of the sprites for the ghost suit in the rewards section or is this meant to be that way?

Sal -- you mixed up my maps on the on-site guide!

You've duplicate the "Game Map" twice and missed the "Void Outpost" map!

-.-

Who gets 99 smithing by mithril plates? I don't know anyone personally who didn't use addy. -.-

Also, what??? is with suggesting getting to level 99 by making 200,000 runite bars? Have you no idea how many years that would take? Getting even 30 runite ore takes the best part of an hour...

:)

Who gets 99 smithing by mithril plates? I don't know anyone personally who didn't use addy. -.-

Also, what??? is with suggesting getting to level 99 by making 200,000 runite bars? Have you no idea how many years that would take? Getting even 30 runite ore takes the best part of an hour...

Different people use different methods. I personally make adamantite arrowtips to train Smithing. :)

wow... great guide on smithing!!! havent looked at the others, but i recently got 71 smithing, and some things on tht guide surprise me.

I can only suspect the quality of the guide is relative to the smithing level of the writer. I further have to assume said writer 'drew heavily on the experience of his friends' as he has done so before. Whether that is a good thing I don't know.

Different people use different methods. I personally make adamantite arrowtips to train Smithing. :P

Using Blast Furnace or clay hammers?

Regardless, good job on the guides :)

-.-

Oops, typo. Sorry about that, it's been fixed. :)

-.-

Oops, typo. Sorry about that, it's been fixed. :P

Ty ty!! :) :) :P

ive just read the xmas guide and ive noticed a mistake with the camels name:

Its supposed to be Louis the Camel. the camels name isnt maurice.

Edited by Super Santa

I agree. To mine all of the rune would take you 6,517 hours at 30 rune ore/hour (which is a very high number at least for a freeplayer, I get around 20-25). Then you would have to mine all of the coal and smith it all. Your better off making money then using that money to train the skill. Doing that would save you a couple years. In my opinion, your best bet in training smithing is just doing iron/steel platebodies all the way to 99, but w/e.

And also smithing Adamant daggers from 70-85 isn't efficient. Smithing the highest leveled adamant item you can is the same experience and much faster than smithing adamant daggers. Smithing is done by experience per bar smithed, not experience per item.

Edited by Sobend

And also smithing Adamant daggers from 70-85 isn't efficient. Smithing the highest leveled adamant item you can is the same experience and much faster than smithing adamant daggers. Smithing is done by experience per bar smithed, not experience per item.

That's true if you're not planning to sell the products afterwards, but smithies take into account both experience and resale value.

That's true if you're not planning to sell the products afterwards, but smithies take into account both experience and resale value.

Not in a help guide... You want the fastest way explained, not the most profitable. As for the resale value: Smithing takes money to level fast, there is just no way around it.

Were you to take things at face value consider this; making one addy dagger will get you 305 gp per dagger. Make 15 addy arrow tips and you will get 15 times 159 equals 2385 gp. The time it takes to smith either is the same. Now go and figure the advise: It stinks big time.

Edited by Simple013

A guide (mainly skill guides) should have both the cost-effective and the speedy way to level up, as the taste of the reader will be different. Many different methods for training will appeal to different audiences.

I had planned to make a Smithing re-write directly after the Mining one, but as I was doing the Mining one I spotted that someone else decided to take on the challenge. A lot of research and care has to go into guides; it's no easy task.

Edited by Warrior Zynk