Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Myth Wrecker

Are You Addicted To Runescape?

I know I'm addicted cause I say things like this IRL.

07:26:50 PM | %Eos: Richard- is fit irl | 07:27:07 PM | @Ohbxo: nice crush on Richard-, Eos | 07:27:20 PM | @Richard-: den i wear torags 4 crush defence

stuff

Uhm... I think you're addicted...

I know I'm addicted cause I say things like this IRL.

07:26:50 PM | %Eos: Richard- is fit irl | 07:27:07 PM | @Ohbxo: nice crush on Richard-, Eos | 07:27:20 PM | @Richard-: den i wear torags 4 crush defence

That's sick...

I don't think I am addicted to Runescape, as I'm perfectly able to stop playing completly or just a small amount of time (30 minutes or less per day).

I'm going to decide this week if I cancel my membership (9 days left). If I cancel it, I'm probably going to stop playing (maybe forever) or just restart this summer and cancel it again when school starts back.

I still think RuneScape is an excellent way for me to learn English because there's a lot of dialogue in quests and lots of helpful vocabulary. I may have bad marks in mathematic, but I have tons of A+ in English, thanks Runescape -.-

I'm going to decide this week if I cancel my membership (9 days left). If I cancel it, I'm probably going to stop playing (maybe forever) or just restart this summer and cancel it again when school starts back.

Trust me, if you already had membership when school starts, then you'll have a really hard time canceling it. Even if you're not addicted.

I started 730 days ago

Played about 500 days

My time played is 56 days and 5 hours = 1349 hours

1349/500 = 2,698 hours a day

So that's about 2 hours 42 minutes per day

That's not a lot... -.-

To be honest, when everyone starts playing through runescape, after a few levels and some experience we all go into this deep phase where we do all of the above.

Yes I'm talking to YOU

And yet, I consider myself addicted :)

Maybe you're NOT addicted? -.-

140 days of gametime disagrees, although I do notice that I can quit for months at a time for work/hobbies/other stuff and not so much as think of it. :)

i used to be badly addicted, constantly playing for hourse everyday, however in these past months, i don't play half as much as i used to...

And yet, I consider myself addicted :)

Maybe you're NOT addicted? -.-

140 days of gametime disagrees, although I do notice that I can quit for months at a time for work/hobbies/other stuff and not so much as think of it. :)

Playing for a long time doesn't mean you're addicted. If you can quit whenever you want to, for a LONG time, and have done it many times already, then you're totally not addicted...

Obsession with the Internet

I don't want to go on all the time.

Loss of control

I step away from the computer and play video games at times. Yeah, I can control.

Involuntary quiteness or moodiness when offline

I get my jokes from online, acting funny allot of the times.

Using the Internet as an Escape:

When it's there's no school, yeah. When there's school, no.

Dishonesty of time spent on the Internet:

I spend most of my day on the internet. I tell people that I spend most of my day on the internet. Why? I have no TV in my room, so youtube entertains.

A False sense of Security:

Some things on the internet, alot more about my life in real life.

Having deep virtual relationships with others online:

NO!

Loss of real relationships:

No.

I'm really not addicted to RuneScape. I just like playing it.

I'm not. I can barely even force myself to log on.

That's what I thought a month earlier. Now I can't stop playing it.

Are you sure you were not logging on earlier, or is it just now? Because if it is just now, it means you were bored of repeated clicking and training. But people who are bored usually come back after time has worn away their boredom, so to speak.

I average 12 hours a day, usually 9 am to 9 pm. That kind of speaks for itself. I got no job or school (looking for a job though) so i really have nothing better to do right now. I got no problem walking away from the computer if other stuff needs doing, though.

I average 12 hours a day, usually 9 am to 9 pm. That kind of speaks for itself. I got no job or school (looking for a job though) so i really have nothing better to do right now. I got no problem walking away from the computer if other stuff needs doing, though.

I wont lie that is exactly how my weekends used to sound like.

I used to wake up on weekends at about 8, play til 12, have lunch, play til 4, do a little work, play til 10 go to bed.

I would go downstairs and get a few extra hours out of it before hitting the hay for a few hours sleep before school, it wasn't great.

So yeah, I was.

no, i just cant get addicted to games, I need to actually go and see people. Well there was one time i used runescape as an excuse not to see someone, but that kid was a real idiot, so it was reasonable. Now alcohol...thats way easier to get addicted to

Looks like about 50% of people of this thread have been / are now addicted to RuneScape! Very nice, I'm not alone. -.- And the ones who get membership are, according to me, more addicted, and have more trouble getting out of their addiction.