Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Choccy

War Of Legends

I want to get into (Legacy) soon, but I hear that there is going to be a massive attack against them, so I'm looking to wait to see who wins that. Still too low rep to do anything big atm. (Not even removed from protection yet -.-)

I am in the resets, we are getting invaded by warped fungi, luckily I have a massive rampart and 2000 archers, 3400 swordsmen, 9100 halberers and 500 chariots at my disposal. Try and steal from me, hehe.

16212 Reputation-Junior Prefect

Good thing about this game is that you don't need to play a lot to be good. You can just check in every couple of hours for five minutes and you'll be fine.

I want to get into (Legacy) soon, but I hear that there is going to be a massive attack against them, so I'm looking to wait to see who wins that. Still too low rep to do anything big atm. (Not even removed from protection yet -.-)
If there was an attack planned... it didn't happen. Of the last 200 attacks made by or against Legacy members (city vs city), 199 were made by us and 1 against us.

I finally got a legend to level 20. I've been attacking level 5 wildlands and I'm close to 1-hitting them with almost 1700 archers. Those pesky chariots always manage to kill a few of my archers, but at 1500 rep per fight, it's worth it. I'm at about 95k rep, so I should hit 100k tomorrow.

If there was an attack planned... it didn't happen. Of the last 200 attacks made by or against Legacy members (city vs city), 199 were made by us and 1 against us.

I finally got a legend to level 20. I've been attacking level 5 wildlands and I'm close to 1-hitting them with almost 1700 archers. Those pesky chariots always manage to kill a few of my archers, but at 1500 rep per fight, it's worth it. I'm at about 95k rep, so I should hit 100k tomorrow.

There was a mass attack planned, but lucky for Legacy that's when Royal Garden went offline for 11 hours. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever was planning the attack will reschedule it, though.

There was a mass attack planned, but lucky for Legacy that's when Royal Garden went offline for 11 hours. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever was planning the attack will reschedule it, though.

And luckily for all of us we got 50 JCredits as compensation. :)

I want to get into (Legacy) soon, but I hear that there is going to be a massive attack against them, so I'm looking to wait to see who wins that. Still too low rep to do anything big atm. (Not even removed from protection yet :))

And a Labor Bill. -.- I was hoping for a compensation, especially since we Red Dragon players didn't get any. The only reason I'm only ranked 650 right now is because I had to start over when the rest of the players didn't.

Legacy showed how united we are by donating our Jcredits to get to level 4 alliance.

Legacy showed how united we are by donating our Jcredits to get to level 4 alliance.

So did at least some of FTP Alliance, but I see you got it and we didn't.

I'm having trouble with population, I have tons of resources, tons of money, but I always seem to have a negative idle population. Is there a decent way to fix this? I do give birth as much as I can, but I only have about 200k of each resource. I also have tried cutting taxes (10%), and upgrading my villages. Still, I have about 1800 people and a max pop of 2100, so I don't think that that's the issue. Help please! -.-

I'm having trouble with population, I have tons of resources, tons of money, but I always seem to have a negative idle population. Is there a decent way to fix this? I do give birth as much as I can, but I only have about 200k of each resource. I also have tried cutting taxes (10%), and upgrading my villages. Still, I have about 1800 people and a max pop of 2100, so I don't think that that's the issue. Help please! -.-

Keep building villages. I have 14 villages, 11 at level 10 and 3 at level 9. You just need to increase the maximum population.

Your loyalty is equal to 100%-your tax rate. At 20% taxes your loyalty will settle at 80%. Your actual population will be your maximum population times your loyalty %. So at 10k maximum population and 80% loyalty, your actual population will over time settle at 8k. Your idle population is your actual population minus whatever your buildings need to work them.

See how they all connect? Now use that to manage your city. It's actually pretty easy.

You want some idle idle population because that's where your troops get drawn from. The numbers can go up and down for a number of reasons, like Yipee explained, but as long as you have at least a few thousand idle, you should be fine.

As far as taxes, I've found two things that work well. If you are online a lot and can babysit your people, you can set the taxes at 100% and be fine. You'll just need to pacify by praying every 90 minutes to keep your loyalty up (Your loyalty drops about 1 point every 6 minutes if it's falling, so 90 minutes is 15 points, so when your loyalty drops to 80-85, you pray to get it back to 95-100). Then when you're not online, drop your taxes to 15-20%. The drawback to this is if you forget (or the server goes down for maintenance) you could lose ALL your population. I did this for a week or more then decided to be more conservative and do the same thing but do 80% instead of 100%. Now I'm lazy and don't need the cash and keep my taxes at 20% constantly. Right now I have 25k people with 15k being idle.

i just leave my taxes at 50% its enough to get my 20 divinations a day(not that i get anything good)

anyway giving birth is the reason your population is dropping

stop doing that and let it settle then it will stop dropping

or even better it sounds like you dont have many villages 12-14 is a good number

31K rep so far. I love games like this.

Thanks to all that helped me, I finally got though that population problem, the villages advice was the best idea. Now I have tons of arches and a max better gold income -.-

A few other tidbits of info:

- A soon as you get your sub-city up and running, get started on a second university. Then you can work on two sciences at once - one in each uni. A science is utilized by all of your cities as long as they have the uni level for it.

- Invade and clear out a wildland that provides resources that you're low on. Then send in a legend that you don't use as much with a few troops to occupy it to get a small but continuous supply of that resource. The higher the wildland, the more of the resource you'll get.

- While a wildland is occupied, set your legend to explore or search it. Exploring finds items and resources, searching finds legends. I recommend exploring over searching - you can find lots of useful items that way, the same types of things as you would from winning a battle.

If you invade a city that quit before it could get any military up and running and has lost new player protection then you can continually invade them for extra resources. -.-

Is there actually a Sal's alliance? If there isn't, then now's the perfect time to make one, because on the main page it said there'll be no more resets.

Is there actually a Sal's alliance? If there isn't, then now's the perfect time to make one, because on the main page it said there'll be no more resets.

I made one and only one person joined. Only a couple people showed interest and none of them were in the Royal Garden server. I'll try it again if people are going to join, but if not I'm not going to give my position in the FTP Alliance.

Who would pay for a fun orb game?

Just say I if you would lol....

It's not a fun-orb game, it's jagex's replacement for mechscape, it's like Runescape, a separate game.

No, it has as much to do with MechScape as it does RuneScape. Less, actually, since RuneScape and WoL are moth medieval fantasy based. MechScape, now called Stellar Dawn, is still in development and is planned to be released later this year. Emphasis on planned because I doubt it will be out before the beginning of 2011.

Jcredits? :)

Isn't this akin to saying: "my daddy's credit card makes me P\/\/n4g3"? -.-

Yep, just like membership on RuneScape or FunOrb. Unless, like I did for RuneScape, you pay for it yourself, then it's your daddy's credit card because you're paying him back that makes you pwnage. :P

After playing the game for a bit, I've decided to stick with it. It's better than I expected. So I was wondering, once I get 20k gold to spare on starting an alliance, how many of you would join a Sal's based alliance? Like Sal's official WoL alliance or something. Or maybe someone else can start one if people don't want me as a leader. I do have experience leading alliances and the like (I'm running a fairly successful one in OGame, a game very similar to WoL, right now), but I also have a lot of experience at not leading and just helping out however I can.

I'll join.

I'm sure they said a while ago that they would never use Micropayments... :)

I'm not liking the way this game is going so far... you need to buy 'horns' to talk, it has micropayments, they layout is quite confusing, etc... :|

.....o....

..../..\... Robertkills1

.../__\.. AKA

{____} Santa

Edit: :P I just noticed that my RSOF siggy looks right on Sals aswells! lol ;D

Get an alliance, chat there is free. Ditto with private. And spend some time to figure it out.

Hmm... I need some help/advice if anyone has any to offer. :)

Currently a Junior Prefect and I'm trying to get my Aspiration 4 task done so I can become a Senior Prefect...

Problem is I've only got 2/5 Gold Beads and 0/3 White Jades... Does anyone know how to/have any tips on obtaining either of them? -.-

If you invade a city that quit before it could get any military up and running and has lost new player protection then you can continually invade them for extra resources. -.-

That's called farming, it's pathetic.

Hmm... I need some help/advice if anyone has any to offer. :)

Currently a Junior Prefect and I'm trying to get my Aspiration 4 task done so I can become a Senior Prefect...

Problem is I've only got 2/5 Gold Beads and 0/3 White Jades... Does anyone know how to/have any tips on obtaining either of them? -.-

Invade wildlands, use the divination trigram as much as you can per day to try and get a coffer (I've gotten three), and occupy wildlands and explore them.

If you invade a city that quit before it could get any military up and running and has lost new player protection then you can continually invade them for extra resources. :)

That's called farming, it's pathetic.

To be fair, after three invades or occupys, you don't gain any more resources or gold.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.