Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MPSD

Ipod Shuffle Charger Help!

Ok I have an ipod shuffle but my brother accidentally stepped on it while it was face down now the thing that goes into the ipod is crocked, is there any way to fix it.ipod_shuffle_charger_dock_01.jpg

Edited by MPSD

hmm

you can bend it slightly back with some pliers

use some with a flat beak like those used to assemble miniatures

then bend it slightly and slowly till you get it straight

important don't put presure on the plastic parts, only on metal!

Edited by Egghebrecht

I um barley touched it with my hands and it broke off -.- is it possible to solder it back or something like that?

hmm

that is possible but i'm not certain

todays electronics are more and more machine made and are too small to be repaired

but if i'm not mistaken that thing is for the sound only, not power (since it consists of 3 connections) so for the charger it shouldn't matter

doesn't an ipod shuffle charge by the data port instead of the sound port (my classic and mini are like that)

Edited by Egghebrecht

I give up fixing this crap, Im just going to buy a 8 gig ipod touch.

Is there any differnce in the actual ipod. Like is 16gb diff than 8 or 32gb.

no only the storage space changes

the model remains the same for the rest

I think that the bigger models include a headset with microphone, while the smaller ones only have regular stereo headphones.

The 32GB and 64GB ones are the updated versions, with the better CPU and graphics. The 8GB is a carryover from the previous generation.

Get the 32GB or 64GB one if you can. Unless you're talking about the previous generation (8, 16, 32GB), then they're all the same.

~Bcloutier~

Oh snap I saw those at the dollar store yesterday ill pick on one up. Im getting the touch tomorrow, do you guys think 8 gb is enough for a couple movies and couple hundred songs?

Oh snap I saw those at the dollar store yesterday ill pick on one up. Im getting the touch tomorrow, do you guys think 8 gb is enough for a couple movies and couple hundred songs?

Should be. Applications can start taking up quite a bit of space, though. I have ~1000 songs, few short videos, ~5000 pictures and 71 Applications on my iPhone. That takes up roughly 7GB.

Depending on how much you want to keep on there at one time, 8GB will be fine. If you want to keep your whole iTunes library and video collection on there, you're out of luck.

~Bcloutier~

Depends on how big your library is. If you're a big fan of movies (like me :) ) then you should consider 32gb. That can fit roughly 15-25ish (just an estimate, most movies are around 1.2-2.0GB) full-length movies depending on the size, however that is without music, photos, apps and the rest. So, it clearly just really depends on how much content you wish to put on.

Alright, I just had a look at the American Apple Store prices for an iPod Touch (I'm in NZ so obviously it'll be different prices).

8GB $199

32GB $299

64GB $399

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

I would probably go for 32GB as you're basically getting 4x the space (and a faster iPod apparently) and it's really only an extra $100.

Hope that helps!

~Darth -.-