Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ruin

Man Waterboards Daughter.

A U.S. soldier has been accused of holding his 4-year-old daughter's head underwater because she would not recite her ABCs.

Joshua Tabor, 27, of Yelm, Wash., allegedly beat the child before holding her head under water Sunday night in the family's kitchen sink, The News Tribune reported.

Tabor reportedly told a police officer that he and his girlfriend "held her down on the counter and submerged her head into the water three or four times until the water came around her forehead and jawline," according to the newspaper.

The suspect said he punished the girl for "refusing to say her letters."

Tabor, a soldier at the Lewis-McChord base in Tacoma, Wash., has been charged with second-degree assault of a child and is set to appear in court Feb. 16.

The suspect reportedly told police that his daughter was afraid of water "and was squirming around trying to get away from the water."

"Joshua did not act as though he felt there was anything wrong with this form of punishment," the police report said.

Tabor's girlfriend also told authorities that the girl had “severe bruising on her entire back" and had locked herself in a closet to hide from her father, the newspaper reported.

Yes this is from Faux news. Still extremely sad.

"Joshua did not act as though he felt there was anything wrong with this form of punishment," the police report said.

Good God, what is wrong with the man? If she ends up with brain damage from oxygen deprivation she definitely wont be able to say her letters.

I know this is a stupid question but is the girl dead. -.- That is one of the stupidest ways to punish someone for not doing their ABC's.

Good God, what is wrong with the man? If she ends up with brain damage from oxygen deprivation she definitely wont be able to say her letters.

Sadly we can assume that not everyone is in a proper state of mind.

From the sounds of one account, both parties are equally responsible.

Tabor reportedly told a police officer that he and his girlfriend.

Any people who do this to a child are horrible, cruel people.

I know this is a stupid question but is the girl dead.

I think she is alive. Considering the fact he is not being charged with murder, and it would appear the child hid afterwards.

~John

Edited by John Adams

I know this is a stupid question but is the girl dead. -.- That is one of the stupidest ways to punish someone for not doing their ABC's.

harged with second-degree assault of a child

I imagine if she had they would have more serious charges. regardless I do not believe they should remain the girls legal guardians.

Sensationalistic false title though.

This wasn't actual waterboarding and is little different in principle then a father teaching his child to swim by tossing it into the deep end.

You think the girlfriend participated in the beatings? He claimed she was helping yet she seems to not be getting any punishment.

Edited by Demutig_wind

This wasn't actual waterboarding and is little different in principle then a father teaching his child to swim by tossing it into the deep end.

You think the girlfriend participated in the beatings? He claimed she was helping yet she seems to not be getting any punishment.

I hope you manage to see the amazing irony of you of all people condemning something for leaving out facts.

Not to say I dont agree with you.

I hope you manage to see the amazing irony of you of all people condemning something for leaving out facts.

I don't see any irony.

Does it really matter?

Its still cruel attempting to try and justify this action is pretty sickening and really causes people to question your ability to be around children.

Does it really matter?

Its still cruel attempting to try and justify this action is pretty sickening and really causes people to question your ability to be around children.

No, but nothing here really matters to us anyway. None of this effects any of us. The truth be told, we are all just gossiping.

So it matters as much as anything else.

Edited by Demutig_wind

bunch of bloody hypocrites

all of those saying OMG but didn't a few years ago

your country actively used and promoted that technique as a STANDARD operating procedure

and now you are all going "OMG" when some ex-military guy uses it on his daughter

you reap what you sow

if you promote torture don't come whining when people start using it

it really sickens me to see the reactions now from those very same people who were ok with it as long as it was used on other kids and people who weren't American

bah

hypocrite media

hypocrite people

Edited by Egghebrecht

your country actively used and promoted that technique as a STANDARD operating procedure

and now you are all going "OMG" when some ex-military guy uses it on his daughter

you reap what you sow

it really sickens me to see the reactions now from those very same people who were ok with it as long as it was used on other kids and people who weren't American

bah

hypocrite media

hypocrite people

Why do you assume the actions of the us goverment reflect the actions and thoughts of all americans?

I am an american and I didn't approve of torture. I would greatly appreciate it if you stopped generalizing us and keep your biased crap off my topic.

Thanks.

you reap what you sow

bah

hypocrite media

hypocrite people

Why do you assume the actions of the us goverment reflect the actions and thoughts of all americans?

I am an american and I didn't approve of torture. I would greatly appreciate it if you stopped generalizing us and keep your biased crap off my topic.

Thanks.

well bub last time i checked you even voted the president who instigated torture back into office

so yes i call that hypocrisy that now there is a fuzz in the media about this while back then it hardly was news worthy

you reap what you sow

bah

hypocrite media

hypocrite people

That wasn't waterboarding. The waterboarding the CIA used had little risk to it, they simply took a rag, put it over their face and poured the water over it.

The torture was purely psychological.

This guy put his girl's head under water.

There is a world of difference.

you reap what you sow

bah

hypocrite media

hypocrite people

Thanks.

well bub last time i checked you even voted the president who instigated torture back into office

so yes i call that hypocrisy that now there is a fuzz in the media about this while back then it hardly was news worthy

I was 16 at the time Bush was elected. Do you know what the legal voting age is in the U.S? Or do you choose to be ignorant about that too?

There's also a difference between waterboarding adult war criminals and waterboarding children.

you reap what you sow

bah

hypocrite media

hypocrite people

Thanks.

I was 16 at the time Bush was elected. Do you know what the legal voting age is in the U.S? Or do you choose to be ignorant about that too?

your government condoned it

you people elected and knowingly reelected the then head of state into office who made this torture a standard operating procedure

more then half of your country voted for a torturer knowing what he did and agreeing with it

statign that isn't ignorance

maybe you should do it a bit more often too

if more Americans would have made a problem about that maybe all this shizzle wouldn't have happened

but with attacking everyone who points this out you won't get anywhere

face it your country made a big mistake and your people agreed with it

stating otherwise that is ignorance

if you shut when your country goes astray don't come whining when it goes pearshaped

because that is what you are doing now

attacking the people who actively point those mistakes out instead of doing something about them

seriously grow up and dare to admit flaws

you reap what you sow

bah

hypocrite media

hypocrite people

Thanks.

your government condoned it

you people elected and knowingly reelected the then head of state into office who made this torture a standard operating procedure

more then half of your country voted for a torturer knowing what he did and agreeing with it

statign that isn't ignorance

maybe you should do it a bit more often too

if more Americans would have made a problem about that maybe all this shizzle wouldn't have happened

but with attacking everyone who points this out you won't get anywhere

face it your country made a big mistake and your people agreed with it

stating otherwise that is ignorance

if you shut when your country goes astray don't come whining when it goes pearshaped

because that is what you are doing now

attacking the people who actively point those mistakes out instead of doing something about them

seriously grow up and dare to admit flaws

First of all I never attacked you. All I want is for you to stop trying to turn every General chat topic into a political debate. I dont care if you hate America. Go complain in your blog. If you cannot keep on topic gtfo my topic.

I dont agree with what other countries do but i dont make a big deal out of it.