Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MPSD

Internet Usage Question?

Hi I just bought a rogers rocket hub and the max download usage is 3gb a month. I was wondering if that is enough if I do normal surfing and a bit of xbox live? Will I go over 3gb if I play a lot of xbox?

Hi I just bought a rogers rocket hub and the max download usage is 3gb a month. I was wondering if that is enough if I do normal surfing and a bit of xbox live? Will I go over 3gb if I play a lot of xbox?

Normal surfing you should be okay. Youtubing a lot, no. Downloading a lot, no. With Xbox Live, I'm not totally sure. I'd say you would be pushing it with a lot of Xbox Live, though.

At home here we have 100GB/month transfer and some months we've had trouble keeping under that. Keep in mind that's a lot of streaming and some large downloads, too.

Why did you buy a Rocket Hub instead of just getting a normal internet package with faster speeds and higher usage caps?

~Bcloutier~

Normal surfing you should be okay. Youtubing a lot, no. Downloading a lot, no. With Xbox Live, I'm not totally sure. I'd say you would be pushing it with a lot of Xbox Live, though.

At home here we have 100GB/month transfer and some months we've had trouble keeping under that. Keep in mind that's a lot of streaming and some large downloads, too.

Why did you buy a Rocket Hub instead of just getting a normal internet package with faster speeds and higher usage caps?

~Bcloutier~

I got the hub because they recommended it and I needed wireless internet in my house. And there was not a spot to connect the cable where I wanted the computer. There is no going back now anyways -.- (for 2 more years) But they will offer more gb in the future I asked them so it won't be so bad. :)

~Bcloutier~

I got the hub because they recommended it and I needed wireless internet in my house. And there was not a spot to connect the cable where I wanted the computer. There is no going back now anyways -.- (for 2 more years) But they will offer more gb in the future I asked them so it won't be so bad. :)

Just be careful then with your usage. 3GB will be hard to keep under. I've went through 5GB in a day sometimes. :) I am surprised they recommended that, though.

~Bcloutier~