Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Adams

Well This Sucks (shooting)

More people with weapons makes it more possible for more people to just flip out depending on a situation. Lets say a student is mad at the teacher not thinking straight and gets kicked out?

You know how you don't give licenses to people with a tendency to go into road rage and ram other people when they are cut off? Yeah.

I am not really sure how a shootout will play out. I don't think anyone would just stand there shooting without cover. So...I guess if everyone just turtles that could slow things down. I also don't think they would have perfect accuracy, so a lot of misses might happen.

Having bullets flying from one gun is bad enough, more could make things worse.

If everyone is turtling and no one is getting killed all the better, when the police get there don't you think they are trained to identify their targets first?

Well first of all your not aloud to bring weapons on to campus and someone who did something like that would more then likely find himself shot in the head by a trigger happy SWAT officer who just got on the scene.

Well, I like how you think SWAT don't have the training of a Somalian Militia.

I know police officers are trained to identify their targets. I was just pointing out some things that would delay a shootout enough for the police to get there.

I think the police would attempt to stop and arrest all the shooters just to be safe. Or at least yell at people with weapons to put them down. This is just the basic strategy, I am sure they would have some better tactics though. So...either way, if you have a weapon your still causing a situation that the police have to take care of.

Maybe instead of being armed with a weapon just wear some body armor :wizard:

Also, pray you don't get shot in the head

I know police officers are trained to identify their targets. I was just pointing out some things that would delay a shootout enough for the police to get there.

I think the police would attempt to stop and arrest all the shooters just to be safe. Or at least yell at people with weapons to put them down. This is just the basic strategy, I am sure they would have some better tactics though. So...either way, if you have a weapon your still causing a situation that the police have to take care of.

I do not think it is better to have three dead and three wounded, none of which are the shooter rather then bother the police with having to order people to all put their guns down.

Maybe instead of being armed with a weapon just wear some body armor

One person with a gun can protect a dozen unarmed people by shooting the shooter.

One unarmed person with body armor can't do squat.

Edited by Demutig_wind

Uhm not many people carry a hand gun into a college for "protection" its illegal anyways.

That is the very definition of a pointless rule. The people who obey that rule are not the ones that the rule is meant to stop.

If more people were armed and attempted to stop the shooter themselves they could end up targets too. It would be too confusing for a police officer who just showed up. At least I think it might be...

The shootout should be over before the police get there. I can't imagine what would make a shoot out between a crazy and a few dozen not crazy armed people take that long. Or even a crazy and one non-crazy armed person.

1. Okay, lets give a bunch of drunk college kids guns.. great idea. Just so that on the off chance someone comes into the university with a gun you can kill them before they kill you. I'd like to see what the odds of that happening are...

2. Crazy people can know how to use guns too...

Hay guise,

Please try and keep debates about gun control and about who should and shouldn't use guns in the proper place (i.e.: the debate room). I'm not going to delete all the posts made until now, but please try and keep commenting about this incident, not about gun control. That's not only slightly off-topic and most of us could gloss over that, but it's also quite disrespectful. Come on, guys.