Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arkwright

Am I A Psychopath?

I realize that I have no true empathy, and that the empathy I had always felt was only my understanding of sympathy. Was I really feeling anything for anyone else? Could I ever feel love? Surely not. I only feel lust, and I only want for myself. I could care less if I died, and no, I don't feel any shame for anything I've ever done to people. I can "act" emotions so that I can be anyone that I want to be, which gives me control and manipulation over people. I mask my artistic and academic abilities; I act like I can't understand something that I can avoid it overall. In reality, I know that I can do anything I set my mind to. But what is the point? I use my constructional thought to understand the psychology of others and myself. I try to piece together what it means to live, and why I am alive.

I enjoy having control. I don't want to seem powerful, I don't want to be well known. The people I hold close to me can have their trust in me, and I will hold my trust in them.

The thing that makes me want to help someone who is hurt is not my conscience. I don't want to feel physical or emotional pain. Why would they? If I help them, they will help me.

I don't care about other people, but I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't believe that I am incapable of feeling empathy; but I know that I just don't feel it right now.

What it comes down to is; I don't care about other people's feelings. I can't share these feelings. I can feel hurt, but I don't feel shame. I can feel lust, but I can't feel love. I can feel sad that I hurt someone, but not because I hurt someone. I have to fake all of my emotions when it comes to relationships, only because I want someone of my own and I want to have a physical relationship. Does this make me a monster?

The only time I felt true empathy was whilst doing the drug ecstasy.

Am I a psychopath/sociopath?

Edited by Arkwright

I realize that I have no true empathy, and that the empathy I had always felt was only my understanding of sympathy. Was I really feeling anything for anyone else? Could I ever feel love? Surely not. I only feel lust, and I only want for myself. I could care less if I died, and no, I don't feel any shame for anything I've ever done to people. I can "act" emotions so that I can be anyone that I want to be, which gives me control and manipulation over people. I mask my artistic and academic abilities; I act like I can't understand something that I can avoid it overall. In reality, I know that I can do anything I set my mind to. But what is the point? I use my constructional thought to understand the psychology of others and myself. I try to piece together what it means to live, and why I am alive.

I enjoy having control. I don't want to seem powerful, I don't want to be well known. The people I hold close to me can have their trust in me, and I will hold my trust in them.

The thing that makes me want to help someone who is hurt is not my conscience. I don't want to feel physical or emotional pain. Why would they? If I help them, they will help me.

I don't care about other people, but I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't believe that I am incapable of feeling empathy; but I know that I just don't feel it right now.

What it comes down to is; I don't care about other people's feelings. I can't share these feelings. I can feel hurt, but I don't feel shame. I can feel lust, but I can't feel love. I can feel sad that I hurt someone, but not because I hurt someone. I have to fake all of my emotions when it comes to relationships, only because I want someone of my own and I want to have a physical relationship. Does this make me a monster?

We of the Internet Doctors Who Are Not Really Doctors, And Thus Our Opinions Do Not Matter Concerning Medical Questions Such As This(WOTIDWANRDATOODNMQSAT for short), agree that you must see a licenced medical doctor (a psychiatrist, probably). Rather then ask this question on the forums.

We are unable to answer such things, at the present time.

~John

The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. Reading the information on this website does not create a physician-patient relationship.

or what John said.

Go see a psychologist

Edited by Emo_Nemo

This section I feel like is turning into a psychiatric forum. So many people talking about their feelings.

Doubt you are a psychopath.

No, you're a teenager that probably wasn't breast feed and isn't loved as much as you would want.

I never feel any sympathy for anyone either, but when I had my daughter it all changed. You will either end up killing yourself, killing others or snapping out of it like everyone else. I honestly could care less but if it's the second one, do a shout out to realsies when you're in court. Oh and kill nancy grace. fudgeing hate her so much.

P.S. I still don't care about anyone else beside my daughter. I have never felt guilty about anything or sad that I hurt someone. I am pretty normal tbh.

Also, you don't know if you're afraid to die. Until you're facing death head on. You will never really know how you feel. I have and I love being alive and care a lot if I die.

Overall you're pretty normal, at least to my standards. You're just young and confused

P.P.S Kill nancy grace, srsly.

Edited by Realsies

I am not sure if you are. Guess you could ask someone who is more qualified to answer though. My brother says that most people confuse having empathy with sympathy.

Empathy is more of a super form of sympathy. If you had a lot of empathy and someone was hurt, you would feel the exact pain I think. With sympathy you would feel bad that the pain happened to them in the first place. Or something like that. I think its pretty rare to have a high level of empathy.

I'm sorry that I'm not going to give you a long winded answer with a 5 step program to make you normal, but it's simply this:

YOU ARE A TEENAGER. TEENAGERS HAVE ANGST. THIS IS ANGST.

There are two ways you can deal with this:

1) Be emo (please don't).

2) Do something about your feelings - find an outlet for you emotions or just throw yourself into the social jungle, being congenial until you grow out of this phase.

I'm sorry that I'm not going to give you a long winded answer with a 5 step program to make you normal, but it's simply this:

2) Do something about your feelings - find an outlet for you emotions or just throw yourself into the social jungle, being congenial until you grow out of this phase.

There are more:

ie. 3) Die

4) Kill someone and then realise you feel terrible about it and everything turns out okay

5) Spend time with a real psychopath

6) Read a really handy help yourself book :)

-.-

There are more:

ie. 3) Die

4) Kill someone and then realise you feel terrible about it and everything turns out okay

5) Spend time with a real psychopath

6) Read a really handy help yourself book :)

-.-

7) Stop complaining and live your life.

Here's three book recommendations in my opinion:

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF FOR TEENS: Simple Ways to Keep Your Cool in Stressful Times by Richard Carlson, Ph.D.

The 7 HABITS of Highly Effective TEENS by Sean Covey

LIFE Strategies for TEENS by Jay McGraw

I've had friends who have died, I've had family members who have died, I've seen people die, and no, I never felt any real emotion.

I'm not being emo, I'm not even depressed.

I've faced death quite a few times.

I've been locked up, I've had a gun held to my head, I've overdosed.

No emotion.

I don't have angst, the world is not against me and I know that.

I simply don't feel as much as I used to. And yes, as a court order, I went to a psychologist/therapist. I closed myself from showing any emotion, and I portrayed myself as a religious "lost" teenager. I wasn't diagnosed with anything, and I got out of the program because the therapist (suprisingly) did not find it neccessary to keep me on therapy and notified the court that I was not needed in the program.

Edited by Arkwright

No, you're a teenager that probably wasn't breast feed

Ummm... What?

But seriously, go to a doctor.

Nah,you're just locking your emotions away for fear of being hurt.

(Don't ask me how I know, I've been through it a few times, I'm just repeating my psychiatrist)

Do you want to be a physcopath?

My advice to you, is stop thinking about the overall picture. What you are really asking is, do you have a point in life. Point is, you probably don't. But why fret about it when you can just live and do anything rather than give yourself up for death. Do yourself a favor and stop thinking, you almost sound depressed or angry at life for it not meeting your expectations.

Edited by One

I've had friends who have died, I've had family members who have died, I've seen people die, and no, I never felt any real emotion.

I'm not being emo, I'm not even depressed.

I've faced death quite a few times.

I've been locked up, I've had a gun held to my head, I've overdosed.

No emotion.

I don't have angst, the world is not against me and I know that.

I simply don't feel as much as I used to. And yes, as a court order, I went to a psychologist/therapist. I closed myself from showing any emotion, and I portrayed myself as a religious "lost" teenager. I wasn't diagnosed with anything, and I got out of the program because the therapist (suprisingly) did not find it neccessary to keep me on therapy and notified the court that I was not needed in the program.

Family members of mine have died and I have not shown public emotion. I'm simply not an emotionally expressive person, doesn't make me a psychopath.

Fact is, if you're wondering whether or not you're a psychopath, I'd estimate based on my (limited) psychological studies that there's about a 95% chance you're not. Most psychopathic individuals are only aware that they are different, nothing about mental state is ever realized usually.

I'm not an Armchair Internet Psychiatrist, though I sometimes like to troll as one from time to time, but I seriously think this is more of a cry for attention than a serious issue of any kind ...

-.-

Edited by Blyaunte

I'm not an Armchair Internet Psychiatrist, though I sometimes like to troll as one from time to time, but I seriously think this is more of a cry for attention than a serious issue of any kind ...

-.-

It's not a cry for attention, I don't know anyone here and neither do I care what any of you really think. I just never felt the feeling of empathy until I experimented with ecstasy, and I started realizing that I don't feel emotions that most people feel. This doesn't mean that I'm a sociopath, but I honestly don't feel empathy, shame, or really any fear of any sort.

This thread should be closed, no one here can tell me what I am or what I'm not. It was a dumb decision to make this thread, I was just bored.

Also, I'm sorry for mentioning my past drug use. A lot of teenagers experiment, but that doesn't justify using drugs. It's also not forum appropriate, I'm not breaking any rules but still- I shouldn't have said anything.

Edited by Arkwright

My advice (even though it is no where near professional): Listen to some agressive music, give everyone around you the look like "if you try to tallk to me i will cut you" and get a punching bag. After a few days of this, your anger should be out of your system, and then see a professional.

I do not suggest doing to a psycologist while angry, because it is much less likely to be successful if upset/angry.

My advice (even though it is no where near professional): Listen to some agressive music, give everyone around you the look like "if you try to tallk to me i will cut you" and get a punching bag. After a few days of this, your anger should be out of your system, and then see a professional.

I do not suggest doing to a psycologist while angry, because it is much less likely to be successful if upset/angry.

People aren't afraid of people like that. In fact people make fun of people who do that.

And people get angry when they get made fun of.

By definition, you are both a sociopath and a psychopath. You might also be considered an "ethical subjectivist," implying that all ethical and moral decisions are considered right by the person committing the acts regardless of the morality of a culture. However, you do not apply as it appears you understand your moral decisions deem wrong, and you want to change. So basically, your actions define you as an ethical subjectivist, but you are really more of a cultural relativist because you see your moral actions as immoral. Some ethical subjectivist include Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, and the more fictional character of Hannibal Lector.

In other words, seek help.

By definition, you are both a sociopath and a psychopath. You might also be considered an "ethical subjectivist," implying that all ethical and moral decisions are considered right by the person committing the acts regardless of the morality of a culture. However, you do not apply as it appears you understand your moral decisions deem wrong, and you want to change. So basically, your actions define you as an ethical subjectivist, but you are really more of a cultural relativist because you see your moral actions as immoral. Some ethical subjectivist include Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, and the more fictional character of Hannibal Lector.

And this is why everyone in the States is on medication.

Actually -- I think the reason why everyone in the States is on medication is because you people need more vacation time ...

Seriously!

-.-

Actually -- I think the reason why everyone in the States is on medication is because you people need more vacation time ...

Seriously!

-.-

I would vouch for this...