Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ph201

Is Anyone Interested In Creating A Sal's Alliance?

What server do you play on?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What server do you play on?

• Royal Garden
    • Imperial Palace
    • Emerald Paradise
    • Golden Temple

If so, say so and we can get to it in this thread!

Edited by Ph201

I'm interested. For the sake of protection and trade, count me in! (That is if we ever get down to doing it) :rolleyes:

Well two people is enough to make one now! :rolleyes:

Edited by Ph201

I tried twice. Both times half the people weren't in the same server as me, and the other half simply didn't join. Good luck, whoever starts it, but I've given up on it.

That said, if a Sal's alliance does become successful, I will join it, but I won't lead one.

How about a poll so we know where the majority of members are?

I'm in we should have one in each server, just cal it salmoneus or something I can set one up.

EDIT: I made one in golden temple called Salmoneus

Edited by Jordo

Ok, when you make one write your name and the alliance name for your server. I'll make the one for Emerald Paradise.

I'm in we should have one in each server, just cal it salmoneus or something I can set one up.

The thing is, I'd much rather stay in the one I'm in now if the 'Sal alliance' on my server is hardly going to have anyone in it. I probably wouldn't join anyway because of the loss of bonus that current alliances have researched and the lack of jcreds to donate to upgrade a new one.

We can also turn this into just a general list of our usernames for the game, as there aren't that many of us to begin with. We can then group them into our respective servers.

Edited by Ph201

I am Yippee - Royal Garden

The thing is, I'd much rather stay in the one I'm in now if the 'Sal alliance' on my server is hardly going to have anyone in it. I probably wouldn't join anyway because of the loss of bonus that current alliances have researched and the lack of jcreds to donate to upgrade a new one.

Same here. I'm actually a very respected member in FTP Alliance, the #3 ranked alliance in Royal Garden. I don't want to give up the things I have in FTP unless I know the Sal's alliance is going somewhere. And even then...it would be a tough choice.

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one from Golden Temple here anway theres no point keeping it unless anyone else wants to join.

Not really interested in an alliance. I'm enjoying being in the strongest alliance on the server.

Actually, instead of an alliance on WoL, why not make an RS account and use its clanchat instead? That way anyone can chat across servers and still have a Sals feel to their gameplay.

(My first thought is to make it friends only so there's no spammers but I guess that wouldn't be a problem till it happens)

Edited by Synapsi

Actually, instead of an alliance on WoL, why not make an RS account and use its clanchat instead? That way anyone can chat across servers and still have a Sals feel to their gameplay.

(My first thought is to make it friends only so there's no spammers but I guess that wouldn't be a problem till it happens)

I'm confused, you want us to go on Runescape too?

I'm confused, you want us to go on Runescape too?

Well, the new lobby update makes it a bit more convenient since you're only half logging into RS and the timeout is after an hour instead of five minutes.

You should just make one in an open alliance and tell everyone to join that, whether they have to make new accounts or not. If you created an alliance for each server, the effort would be spread out and each individual alliance would be unsuccessful.

You should just make one in an open alliance and tell everyone to join that, whether they have to make new accounts or not. If you created an alliance for each server, the effort would be spread out and each individual alliance would be unsuccessful.

Yes, but many, like myself, are pressed for time and aren't willing to create additional accounts. Others are competing for rank and don't see the point in creating an account in a server where others have already had a big head start. There are other reasons as well.

Each way has its pros and cons, I think.

Which is why having some medium for talking would be the next best thing to an alliance (so IRC or RS using the lobby, I guess). Everyone keeps their weeks/months of work but still are able to talk to Slammers who have an interest in the game. Because I'll tell you Sal's CC doesn't really have much of an interest in WoL. :rolleyes:

Well, we could always just keep an active community going in this forum.

I think that's probably the most feasible choice we have. Maybe not the most desirable, but the problems with a RS clan chat is that WoL is a strategy game. It's not like RuneScape where you have to be at the computer to play the thing, instead most people are away from the computer and only check it a few times a day, not counting invading wildlands. Besides, if a person is into clan chats and logs into RuneScape, he would probably join the official Sal's CC. The problems with an IRC are nearly the same.

I really like the idea of a Sal's alliance, like I said I tried to start one. It just didn't work, and it doesn't look to me like another attempt will.

I suppose we may as well not make one, but I can turn this thread into a place to gather account names and their respective worlds.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.