Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adam?

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

The new Gorillaz album, Plastic Beach, is out. If you want to listen to it, got to grooveshark.com, search for Gorillaz Plastic Beach, and look under playlists.

Thoughts?

Edited by Adam?

I like Stylo but everyone I've spoke to dislikes the new sound. I haven't listened to the other stuff yet.

I can't remember what any of the 2 songs I've heard are, but I love them both.

I like Stylo but everyone I've spoke to dislikes the new sound. I haven't listened to the other stuff yet.

You could complain about the new sound track-to-track. There's only one song I hate, and about three I won't listen to that much.

They did, but they put aside their differences and came back together for another album. :rolleyes:

They did, but they put aside their differences and came back together for another album. :rolleyes:

I downloaded it last night, I'm impressed by the quantity of songs. Their style has changed dramatically.

What??? I thought they broke up??

The album's been in a pipeline for a while, Damon Albarn was on Radio 1 in the UK around a year and a half ago playing tracks 'influencing him for the new Gorillaz album'. I think the original plan was just to make 2 albums though.

Two songs I like - Stylo and Plastic Beach (feat. Mick Jones and Paul Simmons). All of the others make my ears bleed... I really miss their old sound :rolleyes:

Two songs I like - Stylo and Plastic Beach (feat. Mick Jones and Paul Simmons). All of the others make my ears bleed... I really miss their old sound :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me?

Look it comes with a toy, hur hur, I like that, I want number 4 number 6.

Lolo, cool song.

Are you kidding me?

Nah... Not a big fan of this one.

Are you kidding me?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of how wrong it is. :]

Are you kidding me?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of how wrong it is. :]

Even if he didn't like it, I'm confused why Stylo and Plastic Beach he liked the best.

:)

I rated them in my opinion of my favorites yesterday:

1. To Binge (feat. Little Dragon)

2. Rhinestone Eyes

3. Empire Ants (feat. Little Dragon)

4. On Melancholy Hill

5. Broken

6. Some Kind of Nature (feat. Lou Reed)

7. Glitter Freeze (feat. Mark E Smith)

8. White Flag (feat. Bashy, Kano & The National Orchestra for Arabic Music)

9. Stylo

10. Pirate Jet

11. Sweepstakes (feat. Mos Def & Hypnotic Brass Ensemble)

12. Superfast Jellyfish (feat. Gruff Rhys & De La Soul)

13. Cloud of Unknowing (feat. Bobby Womack & sinfonia ViVA)

14. Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach (feat. Snoop Dogg & Hypnotic Brass Ensemble)

(I took out Orchestral Intro, Pirate's Progress, and Three Hearts, Seven Seas, Twelve Moons. They sound high quality, but I really don't know how to rank classical. It's all high quality ear candy to me.)

I absolutely love Fire Coming out of the Monkeys head off of Demon Days, is there any songs like that on this?

it's out? AWESOME *goes to Isohunt*

I wonder if there's any vid out yet

There's a music video for Stylo. It has Bruce Willis!!!

I haven't bought the album yet, but I've listened to every song on it; my favorites are definitely Empire Ants and On Melancholy Hill. It was a good album, comparable to Demon Days (Feel Good Inc. is one of my all-time favorite songs). Gorillaz are one of the very few modern groups that I appreciate or listen to. :rolleyes:

The only thing they are really missing on this album is that big song like Feel Good Inc.

The only thing they are really missing on this album is that big song like Feel Good Inc.

I expect a big song to come out somewhat soon in popularity, there's a high quality arsenal.

What really ruins the album for me is the unnecessary classical music, and terrible songs like Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach and Sweepstakes...

I am in love with the Gorillaz once again. Some Kind of Nature, amazing. Rhinestone Eyes, hit me up. On Melancholy Hill, fudge me stupid.

Love it

I expect a big song to come out somewhat soon in popularity, there's a high quality arsenal.

What really ruins the album for me is the unnecessary classical music, and terrible songs like Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach and Sweepstakes...

I love Sweepstakes! :O