Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
-Propellent-

My Dad Is An A-hole!

you sound like an addict if you ask me...

next to that, just tell him that Runescape can be educational too! (and before anyone starts laughing, i actually did learn quite a lot from runescape, mainly because of talking with other people)

Addict? wtf...I never play less than 3 hours before. Unlike you, you probably play 9 hours a day (no offence)

Dreak goes out and gets girls and has fun etc

you just play runskap and yell at your dad for trying to get you off.

go outside

FYI, I don't yell at my dad unless he forced me too. mmk? Btw, he didn't tell me to get off because I wasn't playing RS then mmk? Did you even read the post? I was on youtube and he yelled at me just for watching something that is even related to RS.

How exactly did he force you to yell at him?

Show him what life lessons you've learned from RuneScape, oh wait, none. Honestly, he's trying to save your life.

I recommend shooting for A's instead of B's, and then use that as evidence for him.

next to that, just tell him that Runescape can be educational too! (and before anyone starts laughing, i actually did learn quite a lot from runescape, mainly because of talking with other people)

Addict? wtf...I never play less than 3 hours before. Unlike you, you probably play 9 hours a day (no offence)

That's not helping your case btw.

And the 'unlike you' bit is a little stupid - you've never met the said person, and probably never even asked him, so you don't know how long he spends on RuneScape. He could come on 30 minutes once a month for all you know.

Yeah. He won't let you play Runescape, what an goosedown. Sure he pays for your life, feeds you, clothes you, does everything a parent should.

Jeese. Get over yourself and be thankful he doesn't beat you.

Lilshu, I couldn't have said it better.

It's a freaking game. Why are you ruining your home life for the sake of some pixels? Sure, he may be unreasonable about it but in a family you should be willing to make small sacrifices to make each other happy.

Here's another novel idea - maybe if you quit being so adversarial towards your parents that PROVIDE FOR YOU and tried to show a little respect towards them then you wouldn't have such problems. Have you ever thought that maybe you playing it with blessings from your mom but anger from your dad might cause problems between them also? Your problem may be more far reaching than you know.

Case in point: Grow up and learn that you aren't the only one in the household. You are part of a unit and need to learn to become a PART instead of the CENTER.

I'd say RuneScape is a very educational game, it teaches you about the economy (Grand Exchange) and how to survive with it. It also teaches you about lots of things that happen in real life from those skills. :rolleyes:

1353532532/10 for RuneScape.

^ On top of that...

... It makes you think at school, "Gee, when I go home, I wanna get my merch offer and play. I'll skip homework tonight, and my big project due tomorrow, they'll give me another day."

If you don't believe me.

I'm a 7th grader.

Wanna see my 5th grade social studies notebook?

Wow, everyone replying to this is acting like a jerk :rolleyes:

Indeed, we must all be jerks except for you and the original poster. Especially that annoying dad of his who never does anything for him!

Indeed, we must all be jerks except for you and the original poster. Especially that annoying dad of his who never does anything for him!

Haha I'm not saying the OP's dad is wrong, I'm saying the posts here are a bit too harsh... Words like brat and spoiled weren't necessary.

And I'm pretty sure the OP is a girl.

Haha I'm not saying the OP's dad is wrong, I'm saying the posts here are a bit too harsh... Words like brat and spoiled weren't necessary.

am sure there weren't any form of exaggeration in the first post [/sarcasm]

go outside

FYI, I don't yell at my dad unless he forced me too. mmk? Btw, he didn't tell me to get off because I wasn't playing RS then mmk? Did you even read the post? I was on youtube and he yelled at me just for watching something that is even related to RS.

You know we're just here to help you mmkay? There's no real need to get snippy mmkay?

lololololololololol mmmkay? :)

Wow, everyone replying to this is acting like a jerk :)

But it is totally acceptable to shout 'a-hole' at your dad and call him a jerk?

Yes I Can see how unnacceptable our behaviour is. I shall try to amend my ways! :rolleyes:

So I was like whispetring "****in a-hole

Trust me mines worse...

wtf....I only play rs for 2 hours....and he doesn't know I'm playing rs

2 hours per day is considered an unhealthy amount of play time for a video game. I know from the entire 15 minutes I've played runescape that it takes a while to level up and you need lengthy consistant periods of playtime to not have your friends leave you in the dust, however your dad doesn't understand that and never will. So I'm sorry to say.

Isn't that what asian parents do?

My mom didn't give a damn about what i did as long as I didn't fail any classes or get thrown in jail, and i was actually born and raised in Japan therefore your theory is false.

Please, I can't wait til the day I move out....which is in years!!!

Yes because when you move out you'll finally be able to play runescape who cares about being able to eat a decent meal every night and having someone who cares about you around, just as long as you can play some scape. I'm sorry but you need to realize that if the only thing you have to complain about is your dad not letting you play runescape then you have it pretty damn good.

EDIT: Didn't notice there were 3 more pages probably would have made sense to quote things a little more recent but meh.

Edited by Samurai Kenji

There's probably a reason. See, a RuneScape addict doesn't know that he's an addict. Three hours a day can be a lot. I'm normally playing games for only 1-2 hours a day, now, but when I played RuneScape it was more like 2-5 hours a day. Which is too much.

Shoot for A's, get involved in some sports, calmly explain to your dad that it's just a video-game, not everyone who plays becomes a social recluse and addict. You can even negotiate playing time with him. If you ask me, two hours a day is reasonable. Playing at one hour intervals.

Samurai Kenji, I love you.

Edited by Aliath

There's probably a reason. See, a RuneScape addict doesn't know that he's an addict. Three hours a day can be a lot. I'm normally playing games for only 1-2 hours a day, now, but when I played RuneScape it was more like 2-5 hours a day. Which is too much.

Shoot for A's, get involved in some sports, calmly explain to your dad that it's just a video-game, not everyone who plays becomes a social recluse and addict. You can even negotiate playing time with him. If you ask me, two hours a day is reasonable. Playing at one hour intervals.

Samurai Kenji, I love you.

Everyone loves Meidou brah.

Yes because when you move out you'll finally be able to play runescape who cares about being able to eat a decent meal every night and having someone who cares about you around, just as long as you can play some scape. I'm sorry but you need to realize that if the only thing you have to complain about is your dad not letting you play runescape then you have it pretty damn good.

I can attest to this. My parents are now 8,000 miles away from me. They pay for my car insurance and a credit card for which I can use in a very limited manner but otherwise I'm on my own. If the biggest problem in your life is your dad won't let you play a video game obsessively you need to consider that some of us in life have real problems. I mean I nice doggy! and nice doggy! about my girl problems but I still don't consider that my biggest problem right now, it's just my most obvious one. I have financial concerns, I'm not sure if I'll stay in school this year, yadda yadda yadda. You think you have problems? Get a fudgeing grip.

You're making a big deal over some online game. Just play it when your dad is out and when you're at your mums. Surely you can go without it for some time...

~Darth :rolleyes:

My dad was like that to me too, but you have to respect him. Good things come for those who honor their parents. Another thing to is that you can show him that RS does not affect your education is by doing well in school. :rolleyes:

go outside

You know we're just here to help you mmkay? There's no real need to get snippy mmkay?

lololololololololol mmmkay? :)

Wow, everyone replying to this is acting like a jerk :)

But it is totally acceptable to shout 'a-hole' at your dad and call him a jerk?

Yes I Can see how unnacceptable our behaviour is. I shall try to amend my ways! :rolleyes:

Lawl please, don't use that excuse.

If someone starts cussing you out you'd use even stronger words?

Only if you want stupid fights to break out.

He doesn't like you playing Runescape? He's saving your life. I wish my father discouraged me playing that game before I lost my life in it 2 years ago.

Dude, come on.

I'm sure runescape has given you a lot of fun, so stop sulking and go max your str!!

It gave me fun before it made me want to die.

I'm absolutely sure this has already been said, but if something becomes more important than your relationship with loved ones, than it better be pretty damn important. Runescape isn't important at all.

And if your going to put a game infront of your relationship with your parents, at least make it a good game. Runescape sucks.

Try and make up with your dad and approach it maturely, to be honest the way you're going on I can completely understand why he's not letting you play. Also, don't play RuneScape in front of your mum; parents undermining each other doesn't help any relationship and B's and C's aren't that good.

My dad gets mad at me for playing a lot too. If I usually listen to him at the time and do the things he wants me to do, he's usually happy and let's me do whatevaaa. Just be nice and do what he says, he'll let you do what you want when he sees that your respecting him.

yea dads are stupid!!!

My dad gets mad at me for playing a lot too. If I usually listen to him at the time and do the things he wants me to do, he's usually happy and let's me do whatevaaa. Just be nice and do what he says, he'll let you do what you want when he sees that your respecting him.

I learned how to play the brownie points game with my parents. Be nice to your parents and they'll give you more freedom. It's a nice trade-off.

Reason number one for why I am glad my mom plays Runescape.

And I am super lucky when it comes to parents.

My life is video games, I mean hell, I want to make a career out of it.

And my parents support that 150%.