Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Iron-Arm

Things That Go Bump In The Night.

So recently whilst playing RuneScape, I've been watching a lot of horror films. Those tend to lend to the imagination, so I figured I'd strike up this thread. Keep the scary stories legit, nothing make believe. I'll start things off with a scary tale of my own.

Three nights ago, I went over to take care of my neighbor's dogs, a tree branch flew against the window and made me jump several feet in the air. But when I looked out the window, I saw something moving in the woods. It looked tall, about 6 feet perhaps, but much, much wider than a fattest man I'd ever heard of. From what I glimpsed, I couldn't make out any limbs, but I could tell it didn't have a hard time supporting itself. It's about a quarter mile walk from my house to theirs, with not much civilization in between. So after I filled the dog's food bowls and water dishes and locked them in the garage for the night, I bundled up my coat, pulled on some boots and began to make the 15 minute walk home. The weather was far from desirable. Cold, snowy, and lots of wind. It was hard to see, but I made sure to keep my eyes open for whatever it was that I had seen. About five minutes away from my house, I heard a loud crack coming from the bushes by the side of the dirt road I was walking on. I looked, straining my eyes into the blowing snow to see.... a moose. :rolleyes: epic fail. I freaked out for a second or two, but I realized it must have been standing in deep snow sideways. I quickened my pace and was back home in no time, safe and sound to play RuneScape the rest of the night.

Could have been worse, it could have been two moose.

~John

A few days ago while I was shaving, a plastic bunny somehow fell off a shelf behind me.

I just assumed it was a ghost and continued shaving. :rolleyes:

A few days ago while I was shaving, a plastic bunny somehow fell off a shelf behind me.

I just assumed it was a ghost and continued shaving. :rolleyes:

Haha. Well also, on New Year's Eve, my and my brother stayed up until 5 in the morning playing Dead Space. It was about 5:30a.m, and everyone was asleep. I was just minding my own business walking around dark corners in the house when all of the sudden, my brother jumped out and squealed. I pretty much just screamed "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUHHHH!!!" and woke everyone in the house.

A few years back when I was much younger than now, I went outside at night/early morning just for the hell of it. I lived near the country with a lot of trees et al, and there were owls hooting and the occasional howl. So, I was going through this really old forest nature trail path place, and then this big ass shadow just and the sound of movement from a just a few feet a head of me, with the sound of growling. I totally freaked out and ran back home. I think I may have heard screams and laughter as I ran back but that may have been a product of my freaked self and vivid imagination back then.

I've never had anything scary that has happened, I get scared when it's dark and I can't see any light in front of me or anything. For some reason it makes me feel like i'm about to get murdered, even in my own home. But yeah, never really had to deal with anything scary, everyone knows if they prank me that i'll lash out at them.

I was walking in the forest near a nature trail path, and I heard someone walking on the trail. I was so scared that I growled instinctively. Fortunately for me, the ugly thing on the trail ran off.

Going camping one year with a bunch of buddies. We all set up seperate tents and slept in them, and I was the first to fall asleep... So naturally, the tent got taken down, and I woke up to everything crashing down around me. I was not happy :rolleyes:

Going camping one year with a bunch of buddies. We all set up seperate tents and slept in them, and I was the first to fall asleep... So naturally, the tent got taken down, and I woke up to everything crashing down around me. I was not happy :rolleyes:

Ahh that sucks. I hate it when you wake up and all hell is breaking loose. Or those double and triple take dreams. When you "wake up" and then "wake up" again, only to "wake up" once more. It's insane.

Camping with a friend, and something woke me in the middle of the night. I heard rustling, and thumping, and saw a dark shape moving inside the tent. I was shizzleting myself due to my imagination, woke my friend and we went inside to the cabin where the rest of his family was sleeping.

Turned out it was a mouse. It had been climbing up the sides of the tent and kept losing its grip and falling to the floor. :rolleyes:

I'm a light sleeper, and it takes me awhile to fall asleep. While I was moving around in the bed I heard something scratching. It came from the door and wouldn't stop. I was scared and thought it might be something dangerous, so I slowly opened the door, finding my new Shih'tzu whimpering :rolleyes:.

I usually flip out the whole night after I've just watched a horror movie. :)

One thing that really scared my cabin mates and I at grade 6 camp was when we heard on a knocking on the window and doors (it was around 1AM) and when we pulled up the curtain our teacher was there staring at us!

She was a scary teacher. :rolleyes:

As

a few years ago me and 4 other friends became monks for a summer. When we sleep we sleep in the salat (room where you pray). Now this room is long but not very wide, there is a statue of Buddha on one end and on the other end is a couch and some cabinets and nothing else in between except for some books. We slept on the end next to the Buddha.

Well one night we finished praying and meditating and were about to go to sleep. Everybody was already in their beds so I went up to turn the lights off. When I did I made my way back to my bed, when I got there we all talked for a good 5 minuites and all the sudden you hear one of my friends scream, I ran up to turn the lights on (cause i was the closet to the light switch), when I did you see there is a 4 ft long stick sitting next to my friend and his mouth was bleeding, we were all in our beds so we ruled out one of us doing it, we knew where the stick came from; the other side of the room next to the couch and the cabinets but we didnt know how it flew across the room and basically headshotted my friend.

a few years later we find out that many years ago a lady died on the temple property before it became a temple, and it was said that she lived a tormented life by kids. How did we find out? one night a group of people including my mom went to the temple to meditate, and one woman was "possesed" by a spirit, the way my mom recounted the story, this woman that was possesed didn't know english very well, but she was speaking it perfectly as she was explaining what happened.

Freaky stuff. (true too)

^ oh darn. Give the ghost props for pro placement though. ^

So yesterday, I was home alone. My parents weren't due home for another hour, so I went upstairs and started playing RuneScape. I heard some footsteps and muffled voices, so I figured they had come home. I went downstairs to say "Hi" but no one was there. My heart-rate sped up a little, so I went back upstairs, put on my headphones, and listened to music as loud as I could until my folks came home later that night.

One time, I was woken up to the noises of some woman screaming. She kept on moaning and screaming it hurts but then it ended really quickly. I never found out what it was but it freaked me out that night.