Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter

Nomad For Noobs

Nomad Boss Fight Guide - Low levels

Written By iAntilopi

Special Thanks To IceAngel XD, Blyaunte.

This Guide will show you how to kill Nomad with minimal stats. The Setup for your inventory is not 'cheap', but not too expensive, either.

Note: This will take you a few tries. It's near to impossible to get it first time at a low level. With this tactic (the first few tries were either Ranged or Melee only), I got Nomad in 2 tries.

1 - Stat Requirements and Equipment & Inventory Setup

[Note, this is for the boss fight, not the quest]

[Note 2, I did this with 75 Ranged, 76 Defence and 57 Summoning, so it's possible to do with pretty low stats]

1.1 - Stat Requirements

Required:

70 Ranged (For Rune C'bow + Black D'hide)

70 Defence (Black D'hide)

57 Summoning (Spirit Kyatt and Spirit Terrorbird)

Optional:

80+ Ranged (You get a few more Ruby (e) special attacks, but not *needed*)

80+ Defence (For Decent Defence, but again, not at all needed...)

70 Summoning (War Tortoise, but 57 is sufficient - a Spirit Terrorbird will most likely get you through the fight without much trouble)

1.2 - Equipment & Inventory Setup

Equipment:

m9aphu.png

Rune C'bow (with Ruby Bolts (e) x 100)

Helmet of Neitiznot

Ava's Accumulator

Amulet of Glory

Black D'hide Body

Black D'hide Chaps

Unholy Book (This costs over 1Mil coins, so if you don't have one already, I advise getting something else)

Barrows Gloves or Black D'hide Vambraces (Spiky/Non Spiky)

Dragon Boots

Inventory:

2gv6m1u.png

Ambush Scroll x 150

Super Restore x 7-10 (This will take some figuring out. I suggest starting at 7 - that's what worked for me)

Spirit Kyatt Pouch

The rest of the inventory and Beast of Burden (Terrorbird/War Tortoise) should be filled with Saradomin Brews.

2 - The Fight

1.1 - Notes about the fight and getting to know your surroundings

The Fight will not start automatically - you must finish the chat with Nomad. Instead of finishing the chat with him, click away on the ground and get to know your surroundings.

The middle pillar to the east will play a MAJOR part in the fight.

13z5u1v.png

-----------^

Before the fight, you need to set the left-click option of the summoning icon by your minimap to Special Attack.

While using your Beast of Burden, you will right-click the summoning icon and go to Take BoB when you need brews.

Half way (time-wise, not hp-wise) through the fight, you will run out of Brews in your Beast of Burden. You will then dismiss it and summon the Kyatt.

Once you summon it, you will be spam-clicking the Summoning icon for the special attack as much as possible - but keep an eye on your health at all times.

1.2 - Just before the fight

Just before you leave the bank for Nomad, you might want to take a sip of Ranged potion, bank that, and replace it with a Brew. I found that gave me an extra successful Ruby (e) special, usually (I tried several times). If you have completed the Temple at Senntisten or As a First Resort, you may want to boost your prayer at the Zaros Altar or the pool at Oo'glog, respectively.

Before you begin the fight, turn on the Eagle eye prayer (or the highest Range-boosting prayer available to you). Protection prayers do not make a worthwhile impact, except at the last 1/4 of his health - then you can use Protect from Melee. Thought normal prayers don't make much difference, Sap/Leech/Deflect curses may be used if you've completed the Temple at Senntisten - these are very helpful.

As soon as Nomad jumps down, take cover on the east side of the middle-eastern pillar. The pillar is 2x2. On the east side, next to the pillar, you need to know that the southern of the two squares is the one you need to run to when healing/hiding.

When you run out to attack him, simply go one square south.

Keep in mind that if you hide for longer than about 7 seconds, he will teleport to the center and heal completely.

1.3 - With the BoB out - Part 1/3 of the fight - and his Special Attacks

During this part of the fight, you will simply attack Nomad with Ruby (e). Nomad will attack with Magic (this is why you have D'hide) which hits up to 320. Always staying above 350 Life Points is recommended.

He has special attacks which happen in a fixed order. In between these are always normal attacks.

First of all, he will lay down mines. They are easily avoided seeing you will only be moving within 2 spaces - both of which are clear of mines. If you hit one, it damages you for 400.

After this, he will teleport to the centre. When he does, go north one square (the southern of the two squares on the east of the middle pillar. What a mouthful). He will launch the 750 damage attack, and it will hit the pillar, not damaging you. He will then continue to attack normally.

If it's your first try, you might want to stay above 760 Life Points, just in case you're in the wrong place.

In the next phase, Nomad will make 3 illusions of himself. There are two options here.

Not recommended: attack the Nomad that attacks last. This is the real one and will make the other 3 teleport away.

Recommended: Hide behind the pillar in the same place as you did at the 750 attack. Wait here for a minute (it will not reset the battle), and three will teleport away leaving Nomad running towards your pillar. In this time, you should heal fully, drop empty vials and possibly dismiss your Terrorbird to summon your Kyatt.

Shortly after, Nomad will teleport you and him to the center and will charge his big attack.

During this time, Brew. Do not fire your crossbow (if it hits 1-2 special attacks just before you get hit, you may be killed), and do not drink a super restore. After you've done so, as in the previous special attack, you may dismiss your Terrorbird and Summon your Kyatt. This attack will hit you. Unless wielding an Elysian or Divine Spirit Shield (which is not likely, seeing how low your stats are), it will hit you:

(Your Constitution Level) x 10 - 1

For example, someone with 90 constitution will be hit for 899 Life Points.

Directly after this attack, drink 3-4 doses of brew (to get your Life Points to a decent amount above 320), and run behind the pillar (same spot as I've mentioned before). Brew fully, drink a couple of Super Restore doses (if Nomad says 'Face Me!' during this time, step out, let him hit you *once*, step back in and continue healing). Now go back out and continue from the first special attack.

1.4 - With the Kyatt summoned - Part 2/3 of the fight - Spam Clicking

This is quite simple. Do the tactics mentioned in part 1/3. Instead of simply waiting to be hit, when you're firing your crossbow, spam-click the summoning icon (with left-click option set to Special Attack).

The Special attack is called Ambush. This can hit up to 300, though a 150-200 is more common. This does most of the damage to Nomad. When damaged, brew, attack Nomad and continue spam-clicking. Do this for a while until he goes Berserk...

1.5 - Berserk! - Part 3/3 of the fight - You're nearly there

When Nomad goes berserk, turn on the Protect from Melee/Deflect Melee prayer. Instead of simply stepping out when he says face me, don't bother going on the east side of the pillar as all. He uses Melee ONLY, so stand in the normal attacking place, but when he says 'Face Me!', step forward so you're next to him. He attacks at the speed of thrown darts, so after he hits once, step back quickly. A lot of people get thrown by this and time out, resetting Nomad's health. Do not panic, but keep your health high at all times, just in case.

This should be pretty easy, especially with your Kyatt.

After that, the quest moves itself on...

3 - Rewards

Congratulations! Nomad is dead. You may now claim your rewards: a decent amount of Zeal, a Soul Wars respawn point and an improved Soul Wars cape!

2up62pc.png

Edited by iAntilopi

I think Jagex removed the spam clicking on kyatts a long time ago.. But if you're not talking about the glitch where he doesn't fight back then it is a good choice

Isn't there a guide on this in the quest guide already?

Also I recommend Dragon Boots... Snakeskin boots = no protection at all and barely boost your ranged

Also unholy book? Why? You won't be needing prayer because super restores are more than enough. The attack it gives is nothing special either. Blessed spirit shield could possibly be the best alternative, or just a regular one.

Edited by _Charblaze

I think Jagex removed the spam clicking on kyatts a long time ago.. But if you're not talking about the glitch where he doesn't fight back then it is a good choice

Also I recommend Dragon Boots... Snakeskin boots = no protection at all and barely boost your ranged

Also unholy book? Why? You won't be needing prayer because super restores are more than enough. The attack it gives is nothing special either. Blessed spirit shield could possibly be the best alternative, or just a regular one.

Nomad is still able to hit you with this technique - I killed him 2 days ago.

I don't think there's a guide for low levels :rolleyes:

Dragon Boots are good, but they only give Ranged and Melee defence with no Ranged bonuses (in attack). Nomad's main attacks are magic, except at the end when he goes Berserk. The only reason I even suggest Dragon boots is that it might make a small impact (as Protect from Melee does) at the end. I used Dragon Boots, despite the picture there.

Unholy book gives +8 Ranged attack bonus, which is quite helpful. Spirit Shields aren't that helpful... unless you have an Elysian or Divine one (for its special effect). A good defence is a great offence... in this case especially.

Reward transparency if you need -

2up62pc.png

[IMG=http://i42.tinypic.com/2up62pc.png]

If you have these stats, I don't really think it's low. Anyway, I don't think the unholy book would be helpful for Nomad.

Perhaps any spirit shield or DFS.

Edited by IceAngel XD

Thanks for the transparency (sorry about the anti-aliasing - my computer does it by default...so I can't turn it off).

75 ranged is low for Nomad, trust me. Especially seeing the quest guide's recommended combat stats are like 85+...

As I said before, having an extra +8 ranged attack bonus will help - a little more protection on the other hand, isn't likely to. It's like the Corporeal Beast, people bring minimal protection and a good offensive set of items (Zamorakian Spear, Super Set, Prayer Potions to keep up Piety/Turmoil, etc).

The Spirit Shields that have the Elysian or Divine Sigils are the only ones that make a major difference. The rest of them only give a slightly better defence...

First of all -- I think this should be added to the current guide as a supplementary battle sequence.

Secondly -- I have made some corrections to grammer:

Just before you leave the bank for Nomad, you might want to take a sip of Ranged potion, bank that, and replace it with a Brew. I found that gave me an extra successful Ruby (e) special, usually (I tried several times).

You may also want to suggest that any player may boost prayer by using the Zaros Altar if they have completed the Temple of Senntisten, or likewise using the pools in the “As a First Resort” quest.

Before you begin the fight, turn on the Eagle eye prayer (or the highest Range-boosting prayer available to you). Protection prayers do not help, except at the last 1/4 of his health - then you can use Protect from/Deflect Melee.

Personally, I found the Sap/Leech curses very helpful ...

As soon as Nomad jumps down, take cover on the east side of the middle-eastern pillar.

In the next phase, Nomad will make 3 illusions of himself. There are two options here.

Shortly thereafter, Nomad will teleport you and him to the center and will charge his big attack.

Directly after this attack, drink 3-4 doses of brew (to get your Life Points [to] a decent amount above 320 ...

When Nomad goes berserk, turn on the Protect from Melee prayer.

Thirdly -- Anti -- lose the image at the bottom, it makes this thing difficult to read and -- though pretty -- offers nothing to the "guide".

Edited by Blyaunte

Okay, I've fixed all that and added you too the Special Thanks thing :rolleyes:

Dragon Boots are good, but they only give Ranged and Melee defence with no Ranged bonuses (in attack). Nomad's main attacks are magic, except at the end when he goes Berserk. The only reason I even suggest Dragon boots is that it might make a small impact (as Protect from Melee does) at the end. I used Dragon Boots, despite the picture there.

Unholy book gives +8 Ranged attack bonus, which is quite helpful. Spirit Shields aren't that helpful... unless you have an Elysian or Divine one (for its special effect). A good defence is a great offence... in this case especially.

Well I don't think it should be a stand alone guide, perhaps add it on to the regular nomad guide? I mean we don't see "KQ guide" and "KQ guide for noobs" as separate guides.

Snakeskin boots = nothing, I think you should change the picture, because many people like myself go with what the picture says. Even though d boots have a small impact, every bit helps, especially if you're on a last sip of sara brew with nomad at 200 lp left.

if a great defence is a great offence, then why are you suggesting more offense? o_O

The key to beating nomad at a low level is progressing the fight without the need to heal so often.

Nomad uses all 3 attack styles... Not just magic. I noticed he especially likes to attack with magic after casting his 75 attack and the lp-1 attack.

If you REALLY aren't convinced now then at least add it to the alternative suggestions, because as of now the guide just says 'use something else' and that will leave readers confused.

And another thing, curse prayers helped me out a lot in this fight. Eagle eye / steel skin has nothing on them.

At 70 pray when I did this, turning on deflect magic, sap mage, sap ranger, in the first out of a fight pretty much drained nomad, especially further in the fight. Deflect also gives you some extra damage, which I think is miles better than eagle eye, especially if your range level is low, eagle eye is basically useless.

Also when he goes berserk deflect melee (if you have it, i didn't) and sap melee worked there as well.

Also you didn't mention that nomad heals at 1/4 health to 1/2... Yah.. That's kind of important.

Also you must hit him when nomad teles you to the center to do his spec! You need all the damage in you can get. Brew heal a couple of hundred life points above your regular life points and attack him with ruby (e). You don't need to sup restore either. If you get a spec in that's another free 750 damage, after you do just quickly brew. When it looks like he's about to unleash his attack, just click on your character and stop attacking him, because you don't want to spec when he hits or after.

I agree - as an addition to the main guide, it will prove very useful ...

:)

As a point of reference - I referred this technique to a friend of mine having problems beating Nomad, and he was successful on his second attempt.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Blyaunte

Well I don't think it should be a stand alone guide, perhaps add it on to the regular nomad guide? I mean we don't see "KQ guide" and "KQ guide for noobs" as separate guides.

Snakeskin boots = nothing, I think you should change the picture, because many people like myself go with what the picture says. Even though d boots have a small impact, every bit helps, especially if you're on a last sip of sara brew with nomad at 200 lp left.

if a great defence is a great offence, then why are you suggesting more offense? o_O

The key to beating nomad at a low level is progressing the fight without the need to heal so often.

Nomad uses all 3 attack styles... Not just magic. I noticed he especially likes to attack with magic after casting his 75 attack and the lp-1 attack.

If you REALLY aren't convinced now then at least add it to the alternative suggestions, because as of now the guide just says 'use something else' and that will leave readers confused.

And another thing, curse prayers helped me out a lot in this fight. Eagle eye / steel skin has nothing on them.

At 70 pray when I did this, turning on deflect magic, sap mage, sap ranger, in the first out of a fight pretty much drained nomad, especially further in the fight. Deflect also gives you some extra damage, which I think is miles better than eagle eye, especially if your range level is low, eagle eye is basically useless.

Also when he goes berserk deflect melee (if you have it, i didn't) and sap melee worked there as well.

Also you didn't mention that nomad heals at 1/4 health to 1/2... Yah.. That's kind of important.

Also you must hit him when nomad teles you to the center to do his spec! You need all the damage in you can get. Brew heal a couple of hundred life points above your regular life points and attack him with ruby (e). You don't need to sup restore either. If you get a spec in that's another free 750 damage, after you do just quickly brew. When it looks like he's about to unleash his attack, just click on your character and stop attacking him, because you don't want to spec when he hits or after.

I'll change the picture to Dragon boots...

And yeah, this should be an addition to the existing guide, I guess :)

And referring to you saying 'if a great defence is a great offence, then why are you suggesting more offense? o_O', The more offensive stats you have, the better - you kill him quicker, whereas better armour and less offensive stats causes you to kill him more slowly, and in that time you could take more damage than the armour saves.

I have put a note about Ancient Curses in, if you read the guide.

I'm putting the healing bit in now.

And it's an extremely bad idea to Ruby (e) - you heal more than the bolt would hit you (unless you're 99 hp or similar - then it might hit you to just under your maximum normal health... but with 75 ranged, you wouldn't really expect 99 hp), but if you get lucky (or unlucky) as I did on my 4th or 5th try, you can spec twice...as he's about to attack. This caused me to die - even though I had clicked the brew. To have to stop attacking him as soon as he's about to hit is a little risky - server lag, even in small quantities, could be deadly. Especially if your computer isn't the best.

And my mistake with the 'he ONLY attacks with Magic' - but it is certainly his most common style of attack...in my 11 tries, at least :)

Hey I found a mistake

Near the start you say

Note: This will take you a few trys. It's near to impossible to get it first time at a low level. With this tactic (the first few tries were either Ranged or Melee only), I got Nomad in 2 tries.

It should be

Note: This will take you a few tries. It's near to impossible to get it first time at a low level. With this tactic (the first few tries were either Ranged or Melee only), I got Nomad in 2 tries.

:rolleyes:

Spirit Terrorbird got me easily through the fight)

In the requirements section: guides shouldn't really include anything like "me" or "I".

Optional:

80+ Ranged (You get a few more Ruby (e) special attacks, but not *needed*)

80+ Defence (For Decent Defence, but again, not at all needed...)

70 Summoning (War Tortoise, but 57 is sufficient - Spirit Terrorbird got me easily through the fight)

As it is a guide, not a recount, it would probably be better to say "Spirit Terrorbird will easily get you through the fight".

Well, maybe you should add meleeing too?

Noobs definitely cannot melee :rolleyes: Unless they're a hybrid or something, in which case they're probably not a noob anyway.

And added that, stud. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that Nomad is immune to curses(sap, leech) but not to turmoil or soul spirit, just as he is immune to vengeance spells and not immune to ruby (e) specs.

I'm pretty sure that Nomad is immune to curses(sap, leech) but not to turmoil or soul spirit, just as he is immune to vengeance spells and not immune to ruby (e) specs.

No, he's not immune to Sap/Leech.

thanksant.png

I used your guide, it was great, the only problem i found was that 7 Super restores wasn't enough for my inv + my tort, so i basically had level 1 skills for the final melee attacks, but the kyatt was super usefull, it did more damage than me!

He is sort of immune to Ruby (e) specs. The max it can hit is a 750.

He is sort of immune to Ruby (e) specs. The max it can hit is a 750.

Getting hit 750 doesn't mean you're immune. It just means the Special attack is capped.

Hunter, this looks awesome! It's a very detailed strategy and I'm sure it will be extremely helpful to players trying to kill Nomad -- very well done! This will be a great addition to the quest guide. :D

-Accepted- :(

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.