Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yorick

Agility Help Guide

agilityman0ap.gif Agility Help Guide agilityman0ap.gif

Written by Lerenzie.

Very special thanks to Kuittaa, Neo Avatars and simple013

Agility is a members only skill that regenerates your running energy faster, depending on what level you are. With the Gnome shortcut update released in September 2005, it is now also faster to travel around the land of RuneScape thanks to our Gnomish adventurers. This guide will outline the most enjoyable way to get to 80 agility, most of it based on first hand experience. It will take you through all the Agility courses and arenas that can raise your agility to your desired level. Be like the gnomes and use your agility in order to climb up mountain rocks, dodge through narrow crevices and crawl through low tunnels. Enjoy!

Getting Started

There is no quest needed to be able to start on Agility, but you must be able to access the Tree Gnome Stronghold for the first course.

1-25

gnome5uv.gif This will probably be the most boring part of your Agility training, so be sure not to train it all in one day and then get sick of the skill. It sounds really tedious, but you have to do the Gnome Stronghold course 91 times to reach 25 Agility. If you do get bored, you can always have a match of Gnomeball. If both of these things bore you, take a break and try some shortcuts, which will raise your Agility by a few xp. I suggest the Rope Swing at Brimhaven or the Stepping Stones at Karamja. Once you reach 25, give yourself a pat on the back and celebrate your awesome Agility level by thrashing Gnomes at a game of Gnomeball.

25-35

boots1zm.gif If you haven't already, do the Creature of Fenkenstrain Quest, in order to obtain the Ring of Charos. Go south from the finish of the Quest, and you'll find a trapdoor guarded by a werewolf. Wield your Ring of Charos and go down the trapdoor. Head to the werewolf close to the red arrows and have a little chat. Depending on your time doing this course, you'll receive a certain amount of experience. A way to keep this fun is to try to beat your previous score. The Gnome Stronghold Course is also a good option for these levels, as it is pretty fast per lap and looks like a much more pleasant environment! Before you know it, you'll be 35 agility!

35-40

barb1sa.gif The Barbarian Village is the best place to go for these levels, and should be used until level 45 or so. This gives you a few more levels that will help you stay safe in the Agility Arena.

40-52

tick4wb.gif You can now do all of the Brimhaven Arena obstacles, so head there for a nice chat with some other Agility fans (like imthemonk) and some wicked experience. The best part of this Arena is that the obstacles give you experience, and so do the tickets that you can trade in. Bring some food, as you will probably need it. Avoid darts at all costs, unless you have an agility potion, because on failing they will lower your Agility level, and if it drops below 40 you will have a hard time doing the Arena. If you get bored, cash in your tickets and do some Tai Bwo Wannai. When you get up to 48 and have completed Monkey Madness and have 70 cooking, I highly recommend the Ape Atoll course. There's unlimited food and extremely fast xp. Once you get to 50 you can do the best part of Agility:

ROGUE'S DEN!!!

If you get bored of training agility, but you want to put it to good use, visit the Rogue’s Den under Burthope Inn. A combination of thieving and agility can bring you the helpful and loved Rouge’s armour. The Rogue toolkit can be used when exploring and question as a versatile piece of equipment. It can change into a spade, rope, chisel or tinderbox and it stackable in your inventory. The whole Rouge armour set only weight a light 2kg. Perfect from running away from the crime scene or dodging deadly blades.

52-60

wildy2qu.gif Here's another time where you have two options: to do Wilderness course or Brimhaven. I would switch between the two to avoid boredom. If you choose to do the Wilderness course, watch out for pkers. Also note that the lap bonus for the Wilderness course is quite generous, so I would recommend to do that one.

60-99

stick9ig.gif Congratulations! 60 agility is an achievement to be proud of! You now have access to the final Agility course, the Werewolf Course. You can continue with this course until 99, but it is recommended to do either Agility Arena or Wilderness Course. However, if you have access to the Ape Atoll course, you should DEFINATLEY use it. . Bring a knife with you, and if you run out of health pick a nearby pineapple and cut it with your knife. Each pineapple heals 8hp. Once you reach 99, or whatever level your goal is, give yourself a pat on the back and relax with a nice Ale. Don't forget to show of to all your friends, too!

Edited by Zerstören

ROGUE'S DEN!!!

You also need 50 theiving for this awesome arena, but it's worth all those cakes when you wear the Rogue's dream armour. This arena is the funnest way to raise Agility, so if you ever get bored above this level, I highly recommend to do Rogue's Den.

most fun

1-25

This will probably be the most boring part of your Agility training, so be sure not to train it all in one day and then get sick of the skill. It sounds really tedious, but you have to do the Gnome Stronghold course 91 times to reach 25 Agility. If you do get bored, you can always have a match of Gnomeball, which will not raise your Agility, but it's a fun thing to do and it's very near to the course. If both of these things bore you, take a break and try some shortcuts which will raise your Agility by a few 10xp. I suggest the Rope Swing at Brimhaven or the Stepping Stones at Karamja. Once you reach 25, give yourself a pat on the back and celebrate your awesome Agility level by thrashing Gnomes at a game of Gnomeball.

it does raise your agility

25-30

If you haven't already, do the Creature of Fenkenstrain Quest, in order to obtain the Ring of Charos. Go south from the finish of the Quest, and you'll find a trapdoor guarded by a werewolf. Weild your Ring of Charos and go down the trapdoor. Head to the werewolf close to the red arrows and have a little chat. Depending on your time doing this course, you'll receive a certain amount of experience. A way to keep this fun is to try to beat your previous score. Before you know it, you'll be 30 agility! You should be proud, because without the pyramid you'd still have to train to 35 Agility (groan).

you didnt even start to tell them what they have to do in the course they might think they have to do the same thing over and over again or something tell them the name of the course "Skullball" and what they have to do

40-52

You can now do all of the Brimhaven Arena obstacles, so head there for a nice chat with some other Agility fans and some wicked experience. The best part of this Arena is that the obstacles give you experience, and so do the tickets that you can trade in. Bring some food, as you will probably need it. Avoid darts at all costs, unless you have an agility potion, because on failing they will lower your Agility level, and if it drops below 40 you will have a hard time doing the Arena. If you get bored, cash in your tickets and do some Tai Bwo or something. When you get up to 48 and have completed Monkey Madness and have 70 cooking, you could also do the Ape Atoll course, but it's quite alot of time to do all of that, so it's easier to just stick with the Arena. Once you get to 50 you can do the best part of Agility:

i think thats ment to be Tai Bwo Wannai

30-40

Yay! Agility Pyramid! Easy cash and easy experience. Be sure to bring lots of food, as you will probably fall down alot due to your level. You only have to do this 9 times, which is 9k. Again, if you get bored think of the money! You only have to do it a million times for 1 million gp! (Just kidding).

Once you reach 35, you have a choice of what course to fo next. You can either choose to go to the Barbarian course, which gives less experience per lap, or the Pyramid, which takes a longer time per lap. Both will probably take the same amount of time.

at that level you fail way to much for it to be good exp i suggest sticking with skullball till 35 before switching to barbarian outpost for the reason that you will need to make like 3-5 trips because of food and how long it takes to complete the pyramid

1-25

This will probably be the most boring part of your Agility training, so be sure not to train it all in one day and then get sick of the skill. It sounds really tedious, but you have to do the Gnome Stronghold course 91 times to reach 25 Agility. If you do get bored, you can always have a match of Gnomeball, which will not raise your Agility, but it's a fun thing to do and it's very near to the course. If both of these things bore you, take a break and try some shortcuts which will raise your Agility by a few 10xp. I suggest the Rope Swing at Brimhaven or the Stepping Stones at Karamja. Once you reach 25, give yourself a pat on the back and celebrate your awesome Agility level by thrashing Gnomes at a game of Gnomeball.

a few 10 exp is bad grammer either make it a few exp or 10 exp

Edited by raz

Actually I wouldn't take the agility pyramid because you'll fail a lot and its very long. Plus you need waterskins. I'd stick with skullball (if you did creature of frankenstien) then move on to barbarians at level 35.

Werewolf agility course (not skullball) isn't that great.

Edited by Sobend

Ok, so now we have two agility help guides and the way I see it neither of them is any good. What is it you want to help with? If you mean fast xp then your division in levels is all wrong. Stay at gnome stronghold untill you can access barbarian course then from lvl 48 use ape atoll till you get 99 agility. The last option only if you did Monkey and the awowogei part of RfD, if not, wilderness course. XP wise there is no other option. (Seems someone needs to look if ape atoll is accesible after monkey but without RfD)

Should your intention be to list all posibilities then do not call it a help guide. Help is what is there to advise on fast levels. The agility pyramide is a hopeless construction, xp-wise, compared to barbarian. So ok you get 1k gold per lap, nice but there are faster ways to money.

The writers of both guides should make up their minds: Describe all courses with pro and con or do a help guide to fast xp.

--Simple--

Edited by simple013

At least I tried, you can't do only two agility courses that's just stupid, you haven't done that to get to 75, and your glory isn't that great.

My progression went pretty much like this: hit the barbarian course as soon as possible, brimhaven as soon as possible, wildy as soon as possible. I tried werewolf course a couple of times but didn't like it. I would have used wildy course all the way 'till 99, but now with the new course, I'll do that instead.

Monkey course is an excellent course to do. It's excellency comes from three things:

(1) Unlimited food supply just near the course.

(2) No pkers.

(3) At agility level 76 and above failure rate is non-existant.

Guest Jeeves The Mole

One fatal flaw: The Agility Pyramid. It is impossible at just level 30; you can only do about 3 obstacles at a time without failing, and failure means dropping a level, which = getting set back by about 6 or 7 obstacles. Whilst maybe the hardcore may complete it after about 20 attempts (which is how many I took, before giving up having still not completed it). It is best to carry on with Skullball until Level 35, as the Agility Pyramid can only be considered efficient by about Level 45, according to my epxeriences with it. And by then, the Brimhaven Agility Arena is a better exp alternative.

skullball... definitely skullball once you get to lvl 25, its a ton of xp in about 4 minutes.

also, rogues den is very impractical for training

well he hasnt updates this in forever so i think this can be closed

I'm a girl. And I'm on holidays now so it's almost done.

oh ok just cause it hasnt been updated in a while so i though...

It's done now :P

i would say stay at brimhaven as soon as you can and use it for a while until wildy

also you probably should mention to use cakes as food

I did menton I pmed Sal about my guide so this probably won't be accepted. Besides, yours still needs maps and so does mine so technically they aren't complete.

~=~ITM~=~

The maps are already in the original Agility Guide

Thankyou, also the proper word is 'levelling'

I also fixed up some minor spelling mistakes.

Wow... That's cool! Althogh most guides tell you how to get up to level 99. You could work on that. :santa:

nice work, what about after 80 though?

Ape Atoll course, of course. :P Or wildy, or Werewolf; whatever suits you. In my opinion, Atoll is the best (I've given reasons earlier in this thread). To make it short, Atoll is almost fastest and definitely the safest way to train.

You do advise to do Rogues Den after 50 agility and 50 thieving. There can be only one reason for training there: You have loads of time and don't mind wasting it. Just tried it once this morning: A stunning 379 agi xp and 412 thieving xp. And it took me 'only' 9 minutes to get to the centre of the maze. Truely a very good place to train. You might want to change that into something like: If you get bored of training agility but want to put it to use visit Rogues Den where the combination of thieving and agility can bring you the much coveted Rogues armour. The Rogues toolkit can be used in new quests as a versatile piece of equipment and the clothes set weighs only 2kg for a full set.

Oh and off topic completely: the toolkit is the only reason I go there. It really is helpfull in quests as it can turn into a number of things. Take 2 or 3 with you on a quest and you always have your rope, bucket, chisel, tinderbox, knife with you.

--Simple--

Edited by simple013

its a good guide, but say how many laps somebody would have to do before they reach 99 agility from lvl 80 agility

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.