Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blasphemy

What Is Your Least Favorite Thing About Dungeoneering?

Oh - not to mention the xp is almost as slow as runecrafting.

RC is really fast at first. I've played for ~3 hours and I'm only level 6 dungeoneering.

I also hate how you get penalized fro EVERYTHING. You take to long to open a door? -100xp. You took 3 damage from that monster? -50xp. It's outrageous, but thankfully not that extreme.

Wait, what? :rolleyes:

The only thing you get penalized for is complexity, guide mode, or dying....

(1) Trying to pass this diversion off as a capeworthy skill

(2) Being bombarded with invites as soon as I climb the hill

(3) A stingy rewards system

(4) 1 bound item until 50

(5) No crossbows in the "skill" yet crossbows offered as a reward

(6) You spend no money to level the "skill," but you get whopping recharge bills at the end and it's recurring

Edited by Kafei Nation

The way the XP is calculated and, well, how little XP you get.

Honestly, I could of started Runecrafting at the same time and played for the same amount of time and gotten to a higher level.

Xp is too slow.

Also, it seems I'm unable to hit the monsters well. Even though I've maxed out cb skills, I hit a lot of zeroes . Maybe this is just me, though, or maybe it's because I don't have good enough weapons in the dungeon.

It's slow.

I understand that I can train all my other skills in there, and the 120 max level is to help my other skills out.

But damn, I'm gaining more xp in other skills than dungeoneering itself. :rolleyes:

I dont like the fact that you have to advance a heap of other skills to advance in this one skill.

I dont like the fact that you have to advance a heap of other skills to advance in this one skill.

Actually I love that. It makes it so that people that trained all their skills have an advantage.

If you don't like it there is a way to fix it. Team up with somebody that balances you out. So pures balance themselves out with skillers. It's really a good system that way :rolleyes:

I fear that this update will result in very little expansion to other skills and quests.

"whats that? more quests? new areas? sorry guys we're working on dungeons."

At the very least this delayed other, better updates. I know they have other teams, but think of how much more they could get, and gotten, done without this to occupy them.

What I want to see is a NEW area. Not an expansion, not a small minigame, a new AREA.

One in which you can train lots of skills in new surroundings.

But instead we get this "massive" yet repetitive minigame.

My least favourite thing is the delay that this thing caused to decent updates.

ok, for all you people ranting about bonecrusher, think about it, you get 1000 exp and you'll get 100 tokens, all you need to do is get 1.1m exp in the skill and you should be fine.

Remember, at higher floors and prestige, you get more and more exp.

I hate how 5 lvl 130+ people can barely beat the Riftsplitter without dying 10+ times. 14K hp.....

Edited by Owner

I really dislike having to make your armor in-game, if you wanted to do that, you could go train smithing exclusively. I also wish you could keep the coins as a reward.

hardcore addicts will die trying to achieve the 40 mill exp necessary to max this minigame like skill out.

Over 100 mil. They wished it was 40 mil tbh.

OUTRAGE!

Yeah, its 104,273,166 exp to level 120. Tbh this "skill" is a total failure.

Skill is an epic fail. I was planning to get my membership back and play Runescape this summer but this minigame disguised in a skill is just pathetic.

To fix the skill :

- Get rid of that lvl 120 max

- Increase XP or lower rewards prices

- Create some useful rewards

- Make it enjoyable

- Stop penalizing players for logging out. I did an entire dungeon which was pretty complexe yesterday but I was obligated to logout before beating the boss. I got 40xp or so... That's outrageous playing more than an hour for such pathetics XP rate...

So I'm not going to play Runescape anymore. A game for no-lifers an 10-year olds' not for me.

ok, for all you people ranting about bonecrusher, think about it, you get 1000 exp and you'll get 100 tokens, all you need to do is get 1.1m exp in the skill and you should be fine.

Remember, at higher floors and prestige, you get more and more exp.

That's about level 73 for a reward you unlock in the 20s...

They should at least change it so you don't unlock it that early and drive people insane :rolleyes:

Actually, once you figure out the prestige system...he he.

At level 25 I level about once per solo dungeon. At c6 of course.

So how does the prestige system work then?

i think my biggest beef with this skill is its simply not very fun to play which god forbid is the whole point of a videogame. Its got loads of glitches and some odd design decisions make it a more frustrating version of popular dungeon crawlers like Diablo or Pokemon mystery dungeon.

it seems more like a minigame than a skill 2 me b/c skills dont normally hav rewards

if ur a low lvl u cant really do it

Ir's a minigame, not a skill. I think it's a pretty fun minigame, but it's definitely not a skill.

Also, it goes to 120 instead of 99.

Actually, once you figure out the prestige system...he he.

At level 25 I level about once per solo dungeon. At c6 of course.

So how does the prestige system work then?

I think your prestige says what floors you already completed. So if you didn't get enough xp to unlock the next floor and your prestige says you already completed the floor, you will get lower xp from doing that floor again.

If you reset your prestige, you will get the full xp from doing that floor again.

I think that's how it works. I'm not sure though.

Edited by lvl101n00b