Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shepherd

Sotw 90 Voting

1st - Youhei

2nd - Cal

3rd - Sk8

1. Zooey - There is a ton of neg space, and it really doesn't look too hard, but for some reason I love it. :)

2. Doom - I like the effects. I'm not really digging the saturation level.

3. Youhei - Great smudging - you're really improving on your general flow. However, that little rectangle with the text in it kills the tag. :rolleyes:

Might as well vote for once...

3 Points - Theobald

Great little tag with awesome flow. The heavy sharpening doesn't bother me. The area on the right is very bright though. The text is very obscure, but I like it.

2 Points - Youhei

Was very close with Theo. Only thing that bothered me was the stock placement - there is a lot of space above his head and to the left of him. Also, there seems to be a very rough transition from green to reddish around the middle of the tag. Great text though, looks like Stark, one of my favorite fonts :)

1 Point - Sk8Skull

Work on depth and mood. The techy thing below the text completely clashes with the classic Captain America font. Remember that borders aren't always necessary.

--------------------------------

As for the other tags;

Zooey - this looks like it could've been a nice tag, but everything is way too overdone - contrast is simply through the roof, and all the speckles make it look low-quality rather than explosive.

Doom - was disappointed with this :rolleyes:, as you usually come with great signatures. This one is dull, and the focal doesn't stand out at all (like a big gray blob in the middle). Not digging the large text either.

As - a simple tag, but if you had put more work into it - smudging the background, giving it flow, etc. it could've been nice. Next time, try placing your focal more around the center of the tag.

Lol: a bit bland, try putting more effects next time. Also put your render in the middle, or near it next time.

(Sorry if I was critical, only trying to help)