Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PaladinPker

To 90 Range!

Question

Anyways, I was reading sals's and rune wiki's guides for range training.

Sals guide is outdated, and soul wars is not mentioned ANYWHERE

Rune wiki's guide mentions soul wars as a training option at 90+ range.

So, where do I train range, and with what weapon? (I have 40 slayer)

I've been considering: slayer, chins (mummies in chaos tunnels), darts at rock crabs/experiments, soul wars, cannon at green dragons

Also, I would prefer to have around 70 hp at 90 range and strength, and 75 at 99 range, so please keep hp training to a minimum (I may just do chins 89-90 or something)

I have around 5M, but I would prefer a profitable method before dumping 2Mish on chins.

Edited by PaladinPker

6 answers to this question

Ape Atoll Ranged Training

Red Chinchompas are the fastest way, and the Ape Atoll dungeon is a fairly popular place to train range with them.

I do suggest you get your range up to 75-80 before using this method though.

Edited by IceAngel XD

Ape Atoll Ranged Training

Red Chinchompas are the fastest way, and the Ape Atoll dungeon is a fairly popular place to train range with them.

I do suggest you get your range up to 75-80 before using this method though.

Haha, I didn't have time to make my post more detailed. However, I've been considering chins, but they give a ton of hp xp and cost a ton (esp with ppots built in), so I'd rather not go 80-90 like that. Also, I do not have access to ape atoll dungeon and do not intend to start Monkey Madness (I can't afford anymore attack xp at the moment, and the preqs give like 20k of it)

Well if you truly plan on pursuing a future in range, you want to have access to broad tipped bolts. I'm not saying these are good for training, but for certain scenarios such as Aviansies, they are incredible. However, in order to use these bolts, you need 55 slayer. Don't worry, most slayer tasks are rangeable and some even provide exceptional xp. Now with broad tipped bolts (or one of many other range weapons) you can train effectively at Pest Control. Although the hourly xp here is not awesome, you can use the reward points on range, allowing you to keep your hp low. Other than this, I really think there are few ways to keep your hp at 70 with 90 range and strength. Keep in mind 90 range alone is 5.3m xp. This number multiplied by 1/4 is 1.3m xp. 1.3m hp xp is almost level 76 by itself and keep in mind that this doesn't include the hp xp you already have received from other combat methods. If you are really serious about keeping the levels that you have listed, you may have to be very creative in how you gain the xp (possibly rebuilding barriers in pest control).

Well if you truly plan on pursuing a future in range, you want to have access to broad tipped bolts. I'm not saying these are good for training, but for certain scenarios such as Aviansies, they are incredible. However, in order to use these bolts, you need 55 slayer. Don't worry, most slayer tasks are rangeable and some even provide exceptional xp. Now with broad tipped bolts (or one of many other range weapons) you can train effectively at Pest Control. Although the hourly xp here is not awesome, you can use the reward points on range, allowing you to keep your hp low. Other than this, I really think there are few ways to keep your hp at 70 with 90 range and strength. Keep in mind 90 range alone is 5.3m xp. This number multiplied by 1/4 is 1.3m xp. 1.3m hp xp is almost level 76 by itself and keep in mind that this doesn't include the hp xp you already have received from other combat methods. If you are really serious about keeping the levels that you have listed, you may have to be very creative in how you gain the xp (possibly rebuilding barriers in pest control).

i.e. soul wars or cannon

Pc is just way too slow, I believe.

u r wrong with something....1)if u don't wanna to complete the quest , u need to do it until the part with "1st trip to ape toll" or to get a talisman 1st 2)u can complete the quest without gaining att/str/def/hp xp at all(if i'm correct....i saw somewhere that u can choose to spend now or later the xp from daero)

u r wrong with something....1)if u don't wanna to complete the quest , u need to do it until the part with "1st trip to ape toll" or to get a talisman 1st 2)u can complete the quest without gaining att/str/def/hp xp at all(if i'm correct....i saw somewhere that u can choose to spend now or later the xp from daero)

Nope. I said preqs for quest. That means the first 2 gnome quests, which do give substantial attack xp.

EDIT: If there is a way that wins out significantly time-wise, I'm willing to go up to 75 hp at 90 range with it.

Edited by PaladinPker