Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
twistedguy

Best Way To Raise Crafting For F2p

Question

hey forum i was just wondering becuase im going to start rising my crafting lvl to 60 and im lvl 50 and i was wondering wat would be the best way to get to the lvl btw im f2p and kind of need money.

Thank You For Taking Your Time To Help.

12 answers to this question

Best i could say is: Kill cows at crafting guild. Tan them inside crafting guild. Craft into hardleather bodies. then sell to the general store in rimminington.

I did that and unless prices have changed a lot you wont lose money, you will make a little.

Best i could say is: Kill cows at crafting guild. Tan them inside crafting guild. Craft into hardleather bodies. then sell to the general store in rimminington.

I did that and unless prices have changed a lot you wont lose money, you will make a little.

Problem is, that's going to take a looong time. Especially given that there are normally other people killing the cows as well. Yes, I tried it once.

If you have some cash to blast at the problem then buy a lot of silver ore, then smelt it into silver bars and make into unstrung symbols. It's low level, it's newby, but it's great value for xp. You see, you ge around 50% of the cash you invested back again! That means you get around 150% of the xp you expected, so it's actually quite good value crafting xp.

Whatever you do, don't string the symbols.

#1 it wastes a lot of time to get the balls of wool.

#2 it wastes a lot of money. People will only buy your many unstrung symbols because they want to use the lunar spell "String amulet", which is very good xp. So stringing/blessing them wastes a ton of money.

That's how i'd do it in f2p. If you are really strapped for cash I guess you could mine the ores, but then it becomes a lot slower. Smelting ores only takes a little more time and only costs you less than ten gp per ore. Oh, and do the crafting in Al Kharid, because that's the nearest furnace to a bank in f2p.

Hope that helps. if your'e wondering how to get the money for it, well....there are a whole bunch of ideas I could point you to, but that's not really relevant here.

The fastest xp on f2p is making silver tiaras, but you'll lose money.

If it's no rush, you should mine silver ore yourself, that way you don't lose as much money and you get mining xp, smithing xp, and crafting xp.

The fastest xp on f2p is making silver tiaras, but you'll lose money.

If it's no rush, you should mine silver ore yourself, that way you don't lose as much money and you get mining xp, smithing xp, and crafting xp.

Which defeats the point of "fastest xp"

I would buy around 10k gold bars (it's like a mil), make into unstrung gold ammys, and resell for 1.6M

I can't promise that they're gonna sell though...

Another thing you could do is go into Daimonheim, complete a dungeon, BEFORE leaving...run back to the smuggler, buy all the salve nettles you can, make salve robe tops, resell, repeat. It's like 16 gp/xp, but it's daimonheim gp you'll lose anyways, and it's pretty fast (the dungeon isn't)

You could try making bowls in the crafting guild. It's free xp and you have everything right there in front of you. I'm not sure how it compares to the other skills but I don't find it that bad.

If I had to choose from the other choices, though, I'd go with tanning hides in the crafting guild. There might be some running but it's not as repetitive and that's what makes a skill good to train.

clay bowls are the best in f2p.

That's actually not true. Soft clay costs about 250 gp, and silver bars cost...315 gp. Silver tiaras give 52.5 exp per make, and clay bowls only give 33 exp per make. Therefore, silver tiaras are faster. If you're trying to save money, silver tiaras buy 1 xp point per 6 gp, and clay bowls cost 7.24 gp per xp.

You guys all forgot about rings. Sapphire rings, crafted from gold bars and cut sapphires, give decent exp and *gasp* make money! It looks like about 141 gp profit per ring, which isn't too bad when you make 1k of them :rolleyes:

You guys all forgot about rings. Sapphire rings, crafted from gold bars and cut sapphires, give decent exp and *gasp* make money! It looks like about 141 gp profit per ring, which isn't too bad when you make 1k of them :)

:)

Well thank you! I'm going to make some net time I train crafting then :) . [if I can find enough sapphires :rolleyes: ]

clay bowls are the best in f2p.

That's actually not true. Soft clay costs about 250 gp, and silver bars cost...315 gp. Silver tiaras give 52.5 exp per make, and clay bowls only give 33 exp per make. Therefore, silver tiaras are faster. If you're trying to save money, silver tiaras buy 1 xp point per 6 gp, and clay bowls cost 7.24 gp per xp.

You make the bowls in the guild. There's clay to mine, water to make it soft, spinnythings to shape them, and an oven heat them.

So ya...it's free. I think that beats tiaras :rolleyes: