Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ambo100

Dungeoneering Journal Transcripts

Notes

I've taken pictures of all the notes i've gathered so far and uploaded it to a online directory.

http://www.ambo100.com/salmoneus/dung-journal

If you have the time you can transcribe these pictures into words,

mot = Marmaros and Thok, bn = Behemoth Notes, cob = Chronicles of Bilrach, kgn = Kal'Gerion Notes

Index

Chronicles of Bilrach

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12

Marmaros and Thok

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

Stalker Notes

Behemoth Notes

Kal'Gerion Notes

Misc

The following apply to ALL the items in this topic.

Type of Item (see below): Dungeoneering

Tradeable?: No

Quest Item?: No

Members Only?: No

Shop Selling Price (how much you buy it for): Unsellable

Approximate Street Price: Untradeable

High Alch: N/A

Low Alch: N/A

Location/How to Obtain: Can be obtained at the end of a Dungeon floor after defeating the boss or from a monster kill. If lost or destroyed you can re-read the book/notes using the Deamonheim Ring.

Stats & Effects: None

Common Names & Keywords: None

Chronicles of Bilrach

The following apply to ALL the Chronicles of Bilrach.

Picture: es3mdy.gif

Examine: Who wrote this?

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 1)

Item Specific Details (any requirements or other details):

The book contains the following text:

Year: 1225 of the 4th

Finally! After four long years of bringing in weak-minded fools to follow my cause unknowingly, today is the day - the day I begin the great descent. Today, my research pays off and the journey begins; today, I journey down towards ultimate victory.

My power is as true as the whispers calling.

Today, I begin.

Praise be to Zamarak!

Contributors: Ambo100, Roy

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 2)

Year 1241 of the 4th Age:

After years of evading detection, my research has finally led me to the castle above. It seems similar to that of the dragonkin of old: protectors of the artefact, enders of the Great Wars. Of course, I should have suspected It to be hidden in a manner as straightforward as this! Fools to abandon such a place; why would they move on? It must somehow all be linked in somehow, but time does not allow for further investigation. My power now is to be used on one thing: forging through the very earth that separates me from my goal.

Praise be to Zamorak!

Contributors: Ambo100, Neo Avatars, Roy

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 3)

Year 1266 of the 4th Age:

Many of my weak-minded servants and slaves are moving with me as I go deeper. What curiosity or purpose drives them? I didn't even have to force many of them. I cannot dwell; as much as I hate to admit it, I need them for now. I must have rearguards and servants to dig the early sections out. I won't be wasting and of my power on doing this; I'll save myself for a challenge worthy of me taking a more frontal role. For now, I'll have to settle for the role of slavedriver.

Praise be to Zamorak!

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 4)

Year 1285 of the 4th Age:

There has been acceptable progress since my last entry, but I still crave for more. I will have to work on re-awakening my lost power. While my mighty slumber restored a large amount of power, it was once again lost in my great search for this place. Evading detection required some interesting methods and many disguises, which has again left me drained. I have faith. In time, my full power will return once more and, when it does, I shall break through the world with such a fury as to make Him proud.

Zamorak be praised!

Contributors: Ambo100, Roy, Neo Avatars, Roy

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 5)

Year 1312 of the 4th Age:

Those fools! I pity the imbeciles of my kind. To think they looked down on me and doubted the extent of my power! Pathetic. Zemouregal, if he could only see me now, he would not be so quick to judge my abilities. I have no doubt that he'll be wasting his time on some lost cause for power that he'll never obtain. They'll see my true strength in due time; they'll see who will be sacrificed, they'll tremble at the mention of my name!

Zamorak be praised!

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 6)

Year 1324 of the 4th Age:

The area I've broken into below is beginning to exude more heat. It might even be suitable for my minions to dwell here, to more efficiently server my cause. Those who refuse to move here out of fear of my power, I will just force or kill. They dare not question my rule. They dare not stand up to a Mahjarrat. They dare not question me, Bilrach, their master.

Zamorak be praised!

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 7)

Year 1337 of the 4th Age:

The soil I tunnel through is like no other. Someone or something has created this place as some sort of safeguard. Sometimes, when I use my magic to carve through, the areas behind collapse and reappear elsewhere. There is some magical force at play here that is hard to comprehend. Recently, many of my servants were cut off - they said the dungeon I'd forged had a different layout from when they left.

On the topic of servants, they are more frail than I feared. The giants last longer, but they can no longer fit into the small tunnels their human counterparts dig. I'll just slay them all and use their meat to feed the other slaves. Hah! How I do amuse myself so!

Zamorak be praised!

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 8)

Year 1403 of the 4th Age:

It turns out that I was right; the area above has begun to cool to freezing. My servants are moving deeper with me; it was pleasant to see them do it voluntarily for a change. Perhaps they beleive themselves to be with me in this great descent? Ha! They'll last as long as their use permits, and they'll follow me deeper if they want to survive. As if I'd stop to maintain an area for them to live in!

Zamorak be praised!

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 9)

If my memory serves, I've passed the two-century mark of tunnelling into this place. I feel the pull of the power below. If I reach the bottom, great reward will be mine and the world will burst open as I dominate the kingdoms of this frail world. Enough, I must return to my work. I cannot guarantee that I am the only one seeking this, and I must beat any who also seek it, as if they could stand up to me.

Zamorak be praised!

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 10)

Year 1446 of the 4th Age:

Yet more meatsacks have perished under these conditions. Why they insist on sleeping and eating once or twice a week irritates me to no end. They leave me to no choice but to mate them up and breed new offspring to continue my journey.

The depth I have reached is of a different potency to the above. The rock and heat are suitable for simple beings to survive. Obviously a powerful being such as myself has no problem moving on, but this would probably be the best depth for my slaves to settle so they can serve me more effectively. For my purposes only, I will slow my progress to extend a hand in helping them set up. They'll make up for this later.

Zamorak be praised!

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 11)

Please Submit!

Name: Mysterious Chronicle (Part 12)

Year 1505 of the 4th Age:

Progress is frustratingly slow, as of late, but it is progress at least. I'm nearing the end eith every day and I must retain my focus, my drive. I know what dwells at the bottom - there is only one thing powerful enough that can emanate power across planes of existence. I must be right.

Zamorak be praised!

Marmaros and Thok

Name: M. and Thok Letter (Part 1)

Picture: 15n0uwx.gif

Little sister,

Cheating, blasted, cheap magic! I've said it before, but I mean it more than ever. Our paranoid seers have waved their magic wands across the dungeon entrance and made every item that crosses it, save our undercrackers and overclothes, too heavy to bear. Thok lasted a few steps, of course, but even he had to make his excuses and ditch the battleaxe.

Still, it's not only our seers who think we're at the source of the wave of power: Thok's shackles have raised too. Strike me if I don't believe 'em all: we're a few floors beneath an ancient castle in a dungeon that's soaked with magic and lively with beasts.

Got me thinking: if something is here, you can be sure that Thok'll find it first. I'm going to find a moment to break from the clan and go it alone with just Thok. Where there's power there's money, and I plan to carry away armfulls of the stuff.

Your older brothers,

M. and Thok

Examine: Please Submit!

Name: M. and Thok Letter (Part 2)

Picture: Please Submit!

Little sister,

Hell, I miss you. I know that doesn't sound much like me, but I have good reason. Since we split from the rest of the clan, we've been getting be with our plain clothes and fists, but there's been one close call too many. Time has come to arm us, dress us and feed us, and you do that better than any I know.

So, I'm scribbling this on an anvil, having made a battleaxe, sword and a couple of platebodies. The workmanship is about the shoddiest I've ever seen, but I get a buzz from looking at them!

It's the materials, though, Bryll; there's stuff here that you've never seen: metals strong and completely alien, and strange plants that can be spun to make boots. Since you're what keeps us moving, we've named the boot material after you. I ain't told Thok yet, but he's wearing Marmaros armour; couldn't resist giving my name to the metal.

Your older brothers,

M. and Thok

Examine: A letter left behind by wandering adventurers.

Contributors: Ambo100, Neo Avatars, Sleepy

Name: M. and Thok Letter (Part 3)

Little sister,

Thok has gone berserk. The lughole won't wait for me now, and I'm following a trail of ash and creature bones. Only yesterday, I'd been slipping out of Thok's shadow to carve into the bats, shades and warriors that would try to flank him, and he'd be spraying the walls with their innards. But today, we came across something from a hellish fairy tale.

Hanging from the ceiling was an eyeball, swaying on its stalk and dripping goo to the floor. Thok was on it from the start, but the eyeball secreted some terrible spittle that kept me rooted. I would have retched if I could move any muscle in my body; instead, I could only watch as Thok wrestled it from its stalk.

Problem is, Thok reckons I'm in over my head, so he's blitzing a clear path for me to follow. Only thing that stops the sentimental, thuggish fool is the keys, puzzles and locked doors; if they didn't slow him down, I swear he'd be at the bottom of this dungeon by now.

Your older brothers,

M. and Thok

Contributors: Ambo100, Neo Avatars

Name: M. and Thok Letter (Part 4)

Picture: mandthokpart49965332712-iaza.gif

Little sister,

We met someone today. That's 'met' in the talking sense, rather than the stabbing, crushing and gouging way that we've gotten used to over the past week. (Has it really been a week? Damn, what a place this is.) That someone was a she, and, in her own way, she was pretty. Said she was a gorajo, and she wasn't new to seeing humans like us. We parted on good terms and she handed Thok some 'primal gloves', given to any gorajo who braves the 'warped pits'. Looks like fancy-pants gauntlets, but Thok's wearing them with a gormless smile on his face. The hairy fool is in love.

The good news is that I held my own. Thok had to rein in his huge swing, for fear of hitting 'his lass' with the battleaxe, so I was able to nip in and do most of the work. Who knows, perhaps Thok is happier fighting by my side now?

Your older brothers,

M. and Thok

Contributors: Ambo100, Neo Avatars, Sleepy

Name: M. and Thok Letter (Part 5)

Little sister,

Honestly, who would be crazy enough to use a book as a weapon? Mad Melzar maybe, but there's no telling if he's even alive any more. Just our luck, then, that we stumble upon a crazy libromancer, or whatever you want to call him, who pelts us with book rather than, I don't know, rocks, weapons or the bones of the dead. This place must have a hell of a grip on the mind.

The books got me thinking about why I write these letters. There's the obvious reason: it takes my mind off this endless dungeon, but I think that's missing the point. Even with Thok, the human shield, I can't help but feel that we won't make it. These letters are little scraps of our story, and I naively hold onto a hope that you'll get them, or someone else will find them useful. With the rest of my illiterate clan above us (hell, they make a lot of noise) that hope seems misplaced, but you can never tell,

M. and Thok

Stalker Notes

Name:Stalker Notes (part 1)

Picture: 351xrwo.gif

4th Age, year 1832. Date unknown.

Of all the creatures our Master has brought through from other realms, the stalkers are by far the greatest triumph. Their very form is weapon in itself, floating grotesqueries that are essentially giant eyeballs, or clusters of eyeballs, with vicious maws in places none would expect. They also command great magic; even the rank and file stalkers and the smaller seekers have great resistance to the magicks of out world. The dark, twisted energies that are so rife in their home plane, coupled with the inherent magical nature of the beasts themselves, have allowed several unique and powerful stalkers to develop from chaotic evolution.

One such unique example calls itself 'Plane freezer Lakhrahnaz' in our tongue. I regret asking it to state its name in its own tongue, as the resultant combination of both audible and inaudible sound from its many lipless mouths gave me a huge headache and caused blood to cascade from my nose, which Lakhrahnaz then froze. This one has great power over temperature, and I believe the best place for it is near the surface, where the environment is cold, barren, and most importantly - far away from me.

Behemoth Notes

Name: Behemoth Notes (part 1)

Picture: behemothnote2330290060-iaza.gif

Please Submit!

Examine: An unknown mage's notes on behemoths.

Contributors: Ambo100, Sleepy

Kal'Gerion Notes

Name: Kal'Gerion Notes (part 1)

4th Age, year 1837. Date unknown.

The Kal'Gerion demons that our Master has brought us through his experimentation with portals are powerful allies indeed. These demons were already an army when they were contacted by our Master. After a brief demonstration of his power, their leader, Kal'Ger the Warmonger, pledged allegiance to our Master, and began ordering his armies as he instructed.

The rank and file Kal'Gerion demons are essentially lesser and greater demons as the rest of the world knows them. The significant Kal'Gerions are the generals in the army.

The one known as To'Kash has great magical powers, and can manipulate moisture and temperature levels in his environment. He has been stationed in the cold upper levels of the dungeons, where he can make most use of his powers - with the amount of cold moisture already in the air, he can encase anything in a large block of ice with a more snap of his demonic fingers. His favourite party trick is to freeze something alive, and shatter it with a mighty blow of his fist, leaving a pile of fragmented ice, bone and blood in his wake.

Misc

Name: Astea Frostweb's Journal

4th Age, year 1724. Date unknown.

Entry 1

It has been five years since Lexicus and I first signed up with Bill to assist in his work. It pains me to be away from my Lex. He is deeper beneath the ground, but I prefer the temperature up here as I am used to the cold climate. I shall visit my Lex later in his library; I have gone starved of his embrace for too long.

Bill claims we are digging toward the biggest magical discovery in the history of RuneScape, and, with what I have witnessed here, deep beneath the surface of the world my love and I left behind, I become more convinced every day it is true. I can only postulate to what awaits us at the culmination of all our efforts.

Entry 2

I have been asked to perform some peculiar tasks today - troubling almost. Bill has asked LExicus and I to create various magical traps and obstacles on the floors of the dungeons above us. The reasoning he has given is to ensure progress continues unhindered from uninvited guests, but the traps and mechanisms he is asking us to build seem just as capable of keeping people trapped inside the dungeons as they are keeping unwanted visitors at bay. I am beginning to grow suspicious of Bill's motives. I will take my concerns to my beloved; perhaps, together we can make sense of this.

Entry 3

Lexicus has uncovered a truth too horrible to comprehend. We must kill Bill. We go now to confront him, and put an end to his madness. May the gods protect us.

Stuff to add

j6sj13.gif (Roy) Ammunition orders

goblinscrap6467254356-iaza.gif (Sleepy) Hobgoblin Scrawlings

The Equipment Requisition Receipts (Sleepy) requisition7249990299-iaza.gif

Examine: These look quite recent.

Edited by Ambo100

So far I've transcribed (need images and examine info for pretty much all of them):

Chronicles of Bilrach

Mysterious Chronicle (part 1)

Mysterious Chronicle (part 2)

Mysterious Chronicle (part 3)

Mysterious Chronicle (part 5)

Mysterious Chronicle (part 6)

Mysterious Chronicle (part 7)

Mysterious Chronicle (part 9)

Mysterious Chronicle (part 10)

Mysterious Chronicle (part 12) [got image and examine]

Marmaros and Thok

M. and Thok Letter (part 1)

M. and Thok Letter (part 2)

M. and Thok Letter (part 3)

M. and Thok Letter (part 4)

M. and Thok Letter (part 5) [got image]

Stalker Notes

Stalker Notes (part 1)

Behemoth Notes

Behemoth Notes (part 1)

Behemoth Notes (part 2)

Kal'Gerion Notes

Kal'Gerion Notes (part 1)

Misc.

Astea Frostweb's Journal

Environmental Effects (part 1)

Hobgoblin Scrawlings

The Price of Betrayal

Equipment Requisition Orders

Lexicus Runewright's Journal [got image and examine]

Is it really worth adding each journal to the database? They can't be sold, probably can't be alched, and have no weight. I'm also fairly sure that the image for each journal is the same for each part.

I think we should have one database entry for the complete Chronicles of Bilrach, one for the Behemoth Notes and so on.

Edited by Ambo100

I'm also fairly sure that the image for each journal is the same for each part.

That, at least, is incorrect.

That, at least, is incorrect.

I did say I was fairly sure.

Can you prove it?

Is it really worth adding each journal to the database?

They're all separate items and each has at least a paragraph or two to be entered against it, so yes.

I'm not sure since I've only got one for each part (see post above), but it sounds like a good thing because there's less work involved. :rolleyes:

Comparing the one I have with a couple I can find elsewhere, the M. and Thok Letters are quite possibly the same, but I can't find images of the others to check.

Could you post the transcripts?

I've been messing around all day making actions in Photoshop to remove the background and sharpen the text so I can use the Microsoft Office Document Imaging program to convert the image into text.

But.

It didn't work. :rolleyes:

Here is the image for M. and Thok Letter (part 1), Tell me if it's the same.

saver.png

saver.png

Nope, that's different. Number 5: 15yajkj.jpg

I've been messing around all day making actions in Photoshop to remove the background and sharpen the text so I can use the Microsoft Office Document Imaging program to convert the image into text.

Type them out manually - it's fun and you learn loads of the lore! :wizard:

-

My transcripts for anyone who wants to double-check for typos or check the formatting (no need to copy them into the OP):

Astea Frostweb's Journal

Entry 1

It has been five years since Lexicus and I first signed up with Bill to assist in his work. It pains me to be away from my Lex. He is deeper beneath the ground, but I prefer the temperature up here as I am used to the cold climate. I shall visit my Lex later in his library; I have gone starved of his embrace for too long.

Bill claims we are digging toward the biggest magical discovery in the history of RuneScape, and, with what I have witnessed here, deep beneath the surface of the world my love and I left behind, I become more convinced every day it is true. I can only postulate to what awaits us at the culmination of all our efforts.

Entry 2

I have been asked to perform some peculiar tasks today - troubling almost. Bill has asked LExicus and I to create various magical traps and obstacles on the floors of the dungeons above us. The reasoning he has given is to ensure progress continues unhindered from uninvited guests, but the traps and mechanisms he is asking us to build seem just as capable of keeping people trapped inside the dungeons as they are keeping unwanted visitors at bay. I am beginning to grow suspicious of Bill's motives. I will take my concerns to my beloved; perhaps, together we can make sense of this.

Entry 3

Lexicus has uncovered a truth too horrible to comprehend. We must kill Bill. We go now to confront him, and put an end to his madness. May the gods protect us.

Behemoth Notes (part 1)

4th Age, year 1824. Date unknown.

Our master's experimentation with portals to other realms has brought us many interesting creatures. One of the most significant races discovered are the ones we call the behemoths. These vast creatures are physically powerful, and some even possess some latent magical powers. Unfortunately, they are not evolved to the point of communication, and are capable only of following natural instinct, not instruction. A pity, but they still have their uses.

We shall place them throughout the dungeons as guard dogs. These is a particular strain of behemoth that is well-suited to the frozen-over areas near the surface. It has a thick hide, and is entirely driven by a natural desire to feed. In these barren, frozen areas, food will be more scarce, and I believe this creature will fight all the fiercer for it.

Behemoth Notes (part 2)

4th Age, year 1824. Date unknown.

The more I see of the behemoths, the more impressed I am with the diversity of the sub-strains within the same race. The analogy I gave of dogs is more appropriate than I had imagined; numerous creatures of various sizes and psychological characteristics are all part of the same genome and share only a basic shape.

The latest strain brought to my attention is one I have affectionately dubbed the 'bulwark beast' on account of its hard, rock-like outer shell, and the adorable shield-like mandibles it employs to protect itself from incoming attacks. These creatures are essentially invulnerable, so long as their shield remains intact, with only magic having even a modicum of effect on them before their shield is removed. These creatures make excellent guardians, so, I shall place them in areas of the dungeon that we no longer concern ourselves with inhabiting, in order to ensure that even the areas we have long forgotten pose a challenge to interlopers.

Environmental Effects (part 1)

5th Age, year 46. Date unknown.

As we get ever-closer to whatever it is our Master seeks at the bottom of this place, the effect it is having on our world becomes more apparent. The very materials around us have warped under its influence, with previously unknown materials emerging constantly. At first, we began discovering small deposits in the deepest areas of the dungeons only; however, shortly after, similar discoveries were made further up the dungeons, until even the frozen-over areas built nearly 1,000 years ago were populated by these strange deposits: metals, new types of tree, new plants. All of these have emerged since we started the dig.

I can only postulate that whatever lies at our destination, deeper still beneath the ground, is something of such great power that it can change, alter, and dare I say, taint the physical properties of matter in our world.

Equipment Requisition Orders

Requisition order #739

Name: Rammernaut Hoskins

Position: Captain of the Rammernaut Guard

Requested: Big mace

Fulfilled: Yes

Notes: Reasonable request. This man is huge; our standard maces are like a child's toy to him.

Requisition order #1025

Requested: Bigger mace

Fulfilled: Yes

Notes: The last mace which I could not even lift was like a one handed hammer to him. This calls for drastic measures.

Requisition order #1036

Requested: Biggest mace

Fulfilled: No

Notes: Any bigger and he'd have a balance problem. The last one is more than sufficient.

Hobgoblin Scrawlings

I wake up today and me have thought. I am hobgoblin, I have magic. Hobgoblin don't normally have magic. I special. I chosen by Big High War God to lead army!

I lead big tribe, have bug army, and conquer tall ones with keen blades world for Big High War God!

I make rules of army.

1 - Big High War God better than everything

2 - Me better than everything (but not Big High War God)

That enough rules. Finish later. More smelly tall ones spotted. Why they keep coming in my house? I make big house underground so I be left alone, but tall ones keep coming down in my house. I go teach them a lesson.

For Big High War God!

Kal'Gerion Notes (Part 1)

4th Age, year 1837. Date unknown.

The Kal'Gerion demons that our Master has brought us through his experimentation with portals are powerful allies indeed. These demons were already an army when they were contacted by our Master. After a brief demonstration of his power, their leader, Kal'Ger the Warmonger, pledged allegiance to our Master, and began ordering his armies as he instructed.

The rank and file Kal'Gerion demons are essentially lesser and greater demons as the rest of the world knows them. The significant Kal'Gerions are the generals in the army.

The one known as To'Kash has great magical powers, and can manipulate moisture and temperature levels in his environment. He has been stationed in the cold upper levels of the dungeons, where he can make most use of his powers - with the amount of cold moisture already in the air, he can encase anything in a large block of ice with a more snap of his demonic fingers. His favourite party trick is to freeze something alive, and shatter it with a mighty blow of his fist, leaving a pile of fragmented ice, bone and blood in his wake.

Lexicus Runewright's Journal

Entry 1

These past five years have elapsed so quickly that, were it not for the calendar hanging on my wall - each day marked off with a tally drawn by my own hand, or that of my beloved Astea, I would refuse to believe it had been five years at all. Silence and solitude have been available in ample amounts as I chronicle our descent towards what Bill believes will be the magical discovery of a thousand lifetimes, but their appeal wears thin. Later, I shall don my fur coat and brave the cold nearer the surface; I can bear the loneliness no longer, I must see my Astea.

Entry 2

I am growing suspicious of Bill's intent. I fear paranoia has addled his mind; he has tasked Astea and myself with sealing the way from the surface, to protect the discovery from those who would take it from him. He trusts me enough to task me with this - perhaps I can get him to confide in me further. I would feel much more at ease if I knew what it was we are digging towards, and why it is so important to prevent anyone else getting in, even at the cost of their lives. I will speak to him tomorrow, but for now, I go to Astea. She has been acting strangely since we were given this task. I think she shares my concern; perhaps we can find comfort in each other's words.

Entry 3

We stand at our precipice. Bill would cast us all over into the darkest of darkness, and bring ruin to us all. Astea and I must confront him; we must stop him. May the gods give us strength.

M. and Thok Letter (Part 1)

Little sister,

Cheating, blasted, cheap magic! I've said it before, but I mean it more than ever. Our paranoid seers have waved their magic wands across the dungeon entrance and made every item that crosses it, save our undercrackers and overclothes, too heavy to bear. Thok lasted a few steps, of course, but even he had to make his excuses and ditch the battleaxe.

Still, it's not only our seers who think we're at the source of the wave of power: Thok's shackles have raised too. Strike me if I don't believe 'em all: we're a few floors beneath an ancient castle in a dungeon that's soaked with magic and lively with beasts.

Got me thinking: if something is here, you can be sure that Thok'll find it first. I'm going to find a moment to break from the clan and go it alone with just Thok. Where there's power there's money, and I plan to carry away armfulls of the stuff.

Your older brothers,

M. and Thok

M. and Thok Letter (Part 2)

Little sister,

Hell, I miss you. I know that doesn't sound much like me, but I have good reason. Since we split from the rest of the clan, we've been getting be with our plain clothes and fists, but there's been one close call too many. Time has come to arm us, dress us and feed us, and you do that better than any I know.

So, I'm scribbling this on an anvil, having made a battleaxe, sword and a couple of platebodies. The workmanship is about the shoddiest I've ever seen, but I get a buzz from looking at them!

It's the materials, though, Bryll; there's stuff here that you've never seen: metals strong and completely alien, and strange plants that can be spun to make boots. Since you're what keeps us moving, we've named the boot material after you. I ain't told Thok yet, but he's wearing Marmaros armour; couldn't resist giving my name to the metal.

Your older brothers,

M. and Thok

M. and Thok Letter (Part 3)

Little sister,

Thok has gone berserk. The lughole won't wait for me now, and I'm following a trail of ash and creature bones. Only yesterday, I'd been slipping out of Thok's shadow to carve into the bats, shades and warriors that would try to flank him, and he'd be spraying the walls with their innards. But today, we came across something from a hellish fairy tale.

Hanging from the ceiling was an eyeball, swaying on its stalk and dripping goo to the floor. Thok was on it from the start, but the eyeball secreted some terrible spittle that kept me rooted. I would have retched if I could move any muscle in my body; instead, I could only watch as Thok wrestled it from its stalk.

Problem is, Thok reckons I'm in over my head, so he's blitzing a clear path for me to follow. Only thing that stops the sentimental, thuggish fool is the keys, puzzles and locked doors; if they didn't slow him down, I swear he'd be at the bottom of this dungeon by now.

Your older brothers,

M. and Thok

M. and Thok Letter (Part 4)

Little sister,

We met someone today. That's 'met' in the talking sense, rather than the stabbing, crushing and gouging way that we've gotten used to over the past week. (Has it really been a week? Damn, what a place this is.) That someone was a she, and, in her own way, she was pretty. Said she was a gorajo, and she wasn't new to seeing humans like us. We parted on good terms and she handed Thok some 'primal gloves', given to any gorajo who braves the 'warped pits'. Looks like fancy-pants gauntlets, but Thok's wearing them with a gormless smile on his face. The hairy fool is in love.

The good news is that I held my own. Thok had to rein in his huge swing, for fear of hitting 'his lass' with the battleaxe, so I was able to nip in and do most of the work. Who knows, perhaps Thok is happier fighting by my side now?

Your older brothers,

M. and Thok

M. and Thok Letter (Part 5)

Little sister,

Honestly, who would be crazy enough to use a book as a weapon? Mad Melzar maybe, but there's no telling if he's even alive any more. Just our luck, then, that we stumble upon a crazy libromancer, or whatever you want to call him, who pelts us with book rather than, I don't know, rocks, weapons or the bones of the dead. This place must have a hell of a grip on the mind.

The books got me thinking about why I write these letters. There's the obvious reason: it takes my mind off this endless dungeon, but I think that's missing the point. Even with Thok, the human shield, I can't help but feel that we won't make it. These letters are little scraps of our story, and I naively hold onto a hope that you'll get them, or someone else will find them useful. With the rest of my illiterate clan above us (hell, they make a lot of noise) that hope seems misplaced, but you can never tell,

M. and Thok

Mysterious Chronicle (part 1)

Year 1225 of the 4th Age:

Finally! After four long years of bringing in weak-minded fools to follow my cause unknowingly, today is the day - the day I begin the great descent. Today, my research pays off and the journey begins; today, I journey down towards ultimate victory.

My power is as true as the whispers calling.

Today I begin.

Praise be to Zamorak!

Mysterious Chronicle (part 2)

Year 1241 of the 4th Age:

After years of evading detection, my research has finally led me to the castle above. It seems similar to that of the dragonkin of old: protectors of the artefact, enders of the Great Wars. Of course, I should have suspected It to be hidden in a manner as straightforward as this! Fools to abandon such a place; why would they move on? It must somehow all be linked in somehow, but time does not allow for further investigation. My power now is to be used on one thing: forging through the very earth that separates me from my goal.

Praise be to Zamorak!

Mysterious Chronicle (part 3)

Year 1266 of the 4th Age:

Many of my weak-minded servants and slaves are moving with me as I go deeper. What curiosity or purpose drives them? I didn't even have to force many of them. I cannot dwell; as much as I hate to admit it, I need them for now. I must have rearguards and servants to dig the early sections out. I won't be wasting and of my power on doing this; I'll save myself for a challenge worthy of me taking a more frontal role. For now, I'll have to settle for the role of slavedriver.

Praise be to Zamorak!

Mysterious Chronicle (part 5)

Year 1312 of the 4th Age:

Those fools! I pity the imbeciles of my kind. To think they looked down on me and doubted the extent of my power! Pathetic. Zemouregal, if he could only see me now, he would not be so quick to judge my abilities. I have no doubt that he'll be wasting his time on some lost cause for power that he'll never obtain. They'll see my true strength in due time; they'll see who will be sacrificed, they'll tremble at the mention of my name!

Zamorak be praised!

Mysterious Chronicle (part 6)

Year 1324 of the 4th Age:

The area I've broken into below is beginning to exude more heat. It might even be suitable for my minions to dwell here, to more efficiently server my cause. Those who refuse to move here out of fear of my power, I will just force or kill. They dare not question my rule. They dare not stand up to a Mahjarrat. They dare not question me, Bilrach, their master.

Zamorak be praised!

Mysterious Chronicle (part 7)

Year 1337 of the 4th Age:

The soil I tunnel through is like no other. Someone or something has created this place as some sort of safeguard. Sometimes, when I use my magic to carve through, the areas behind collapse and reappear elsewhere. There is some magical force at play here that is hard to comprehend. Recently, many of my servants were cut off - they said the dungeon I'd forged had a different layout from when they left.

On the topic of servants, they are more frail than I feared. The giants last longer, but they can no longer fit into the small tunnels their human counterparts dig. I'll just slay them all and use their meat to feed the other slaves. Hah! How I do amuse myself so!

Zamorak be praised!

Mysterious Chronicle (part 9)

If my memory serves, I've passed the two-century mark of tunnelling into this place. I feel the pull of the power below. If I reach the bottom, great reward will be mine and the world will burst open as I dominate the kingdoms of this frail world. Enough, I must return to my work. I cannot guarantee that I am the only one seeking this, and I must beat any who also seek it, as if they could stand up to me.

Zamorak be praised!

Mysterious Chronicle (part 10)

Year 1446 of the 4th Age:

Yet more meatsacks have perished under these conditions. Why they insist on sleeping and eating once or twice a week irritates me to no end. They leave me to no choice but to mate them up and breed new offspring to continue my journey.

The depth I have reached is of a different potency to the above. The rock and heat are suitable for simple beings to survive. Obviously a powerful being such as myself has no problem moving on, but this would probably be the best depth for my slaves to settle so they can serve me more effectively. For my purposes only, I will slow my progress to extend a hand in helping them set up. They'll make up for this later.

Zamorak be praised!

Mysterious Chronicle (part 12)

Year 1505 of the 4th Age:

Progress is frustratingly slow, as of late, but it is progress at least. I'm nearing the end eith every day and I must retain my focus, my drive. I know what dwells at the bottom - there is only one thing powerful enough that can emanate power across planes of existence. I must be right.

Zamorak be praised!

Stalker Notes (part 1)

4th Age, year 1832. Date unknown.

Of all the creatures our Master has brought through from other realms, the stalkers are by far the greatest triumph. Their very form is weapon in itself, floating grotesqueries that are essentially giant eyeballs, or clusters of eyeballs, with vicious maws in places none would expect. They also command great magic; even the rank and file stalkers and the smaller seekers have great resistance to the magicks of out world. The dark, twisted energies that are so rife in their home plane, coupled with the inherent magical nature of the beasts themselves, have allowed several unique and powerful stalkers to develop from chaotic evolution.

One such unique example calls itself 'Plane freezer Lakhrahnaz' in our tongue. I regret asking it to state its name in its own tongue, as the resultant combination of both audible and inaudible sound from its many lipless mouths gave me a huge headache and caused blood to cascade from my nose, which Lakhrahnaz then froze. This one has great power over temperature, and I believe the best place for it is near the surface, where the environment is cold, barren, and most importantly - far away from me.

The Price of Betrayal

To all who read: beware.

This is the cost of defying our Master's will. Give yourself to the Master, or he will take everything that makes you human, and, in unliving servitude, you shall spend the rest of time taking the lives of others to slow your decay to nothingness.

If you refuse to work in life, you will forever work in undeath.

Hail Bilrach!

Hail Zamorak!

But.

It didn't work. :rolleyes:

saver.png

Transparency:

15n0uwx.gif

[IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/15n0uwx.gif]

My transcripts for anyone who wants to double-check for typos or check the formatting (no need to copy them into the OP):

I will check for typos when I add them to the original post. Could you also post the images and examines? :rolleyes:

But.

It didn't work. :)

saver.png

Transparency:

15n0uwx.gif

Thanks Roy, I've got another transparency needed for some notes.

saveu.png

I should have started this project earlier on when I started the skill, It's going to be hard to get the examines and pictures now.

I've also renamed all the image files hosted on my site to have clearer file names.

Edited by Ambo100

I will check for typos when I add them to the original post. Could you also post the images and examines? :rolleyes:

But.

It didn't work. :)

saver.png

Transparency:

15n0uwx.gif

Thanks Roy, I've got another transparency needed for some notes.

saveu.png

I should have started this project earlier on when I started the skill, It's going to be hard to get the examines and pictures now.

I've also renamed all the image files hosted on my site to have clearer file names.

es3mdy.gif

[IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/es3mdy.gif]

It's getting harder each day to get more journals :)

We need more help! :rolleyes:

save2.png

It's getting harder each day to get more journals :)

We need more help! :rolleyes:

save2.png

Transparency:

j6sj13.gif

[IMG=http://i42.tinypic.com/j6sj13.gif]

Part 4 of the Mysterious Chronicles has the same image and examine as #12 and 8, so it seems possible that they're all the same.

The text for #4:

There has been acceptable progress since my last entry, but I still crave for more. I will have to work on re-awakening my lost power. While my mighty slumber restored a large amount of power, it was once again lost in my great search for this place. Evading detection required some interesting methods and many disguises, which has again left me drained. I have faith. In time, my full power will return once more and, when it does, I shall break through the world with such a fury as to make Him proud.

Zamorak be praised!

Part 4 of the Mysterious Chronicles has the same image and examine as #12 and 8, so it seems possible that they're all the same.

The text for #4:

Zamorak be praised!

:rolleyes:

I hope to add Marmaros and Thok today :)

Stalker Notes 1 (No need to quote this post)

stalkernotes1.png

Stalker Notes 1

stalkernotes1.png

Transparency:

351xrwo.gif

[IMG=http://i42.tinypic.com/351xrwo.gif]

Edited by Roy

Thanks Roy.

Since my last post i've found part 11, 14 and 15 of the Chronicles of Bilrach and they ALL have the examine and image.

I will add more transcripts today.

EDIT: Neo, How do you write out the transcripts so quickly? It takes me ages, I'm constantly swapping screens between the image and the forums typing them out! :)

EDIT2: Update the images uploaded online, Deleted the images of transcripts that have been completed + added new ones :rolleyes:

Edited by Ambo100

Since my last post i've found part 11, 14 and 15 of the Chronicles of Bilrach and they ALL have the examine and image.

Mmk, if any are found that are different, please shout! :)

EDIT: Neo, How do you write out the transcripts so quickly? It takes me ages, I'm constantly swapping screens between the image and the forums typing them out! :rolleyes:

I have the book open on one screen and type it out on another. If you only have one screen / computer to work with, it's possible to place them next to each other so that they're both visible at the same time.

manandthokpart2.png

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6342/manandthokpart2.png

Here's the picture for M. and Thok (part 2).

I really need to learn how to do transparencies :rolleyes:

The examine reads...

A letter left behind by wandering adventurers.
Edited by Sleepy

manandthokpart2.png

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6342/manandthokpart2.png

Here's the picture for M. and Thok (part 2).

vzevxj.gif

[IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/vzevxj.gif]

I really need to learn how to do transparencies :rolleyes:

There is a good tutorial about this in the tutorial section:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...amp;article=138

Thanks Roy.

Here's the Hobgoblin Scrawlings goblinscrap6467254356-iaza.gif

And here's the Behemoth notes (part 2) behemothnote2330290060-iaza.gif

Examine: An unknown mage's notes on behemoths.

And here's another one! The 4th M and Thok letter mandthokpart49965332712-iaza.gif

Gotz another one!

The Equipment Requisition Receipts requisition7249990299-iaza.gif

Examine: These look quite recent.

Edited by Sleepy

Kalgerion Note 1

4th Age, year 1837. Date

unknown.

The Kal'Gerion demons that our Master has brought to us through his experimentation with portals are powerful allies indeed. These demons were already an army when they were contacted by our Master. After a brief demonstration of his power their leader, Ka'Ger the Warmonger pledged allegiance to our Master, and began ordering his armies as he instructed.

The rank and file of Kal'Gerion demons are essientially lesser and greater demonsas the rest of the world knows them. The significant Kal'Gerions are the general in the army. The one known as To'Kash has great magical powers and can manipulate moisture and temperature levels in his environment. He has been stationed in the cold upper levels of the dungeons, where he can make most use of his powers - with the amount of cold moisture already in the air, he can encase anything in a large block of ice with a mere snap of his demonic fingers. His favourite party trick is to freeze something alive, and shatter it with a might blow of his fist, leaving a pile of fragmented ice, bone and blood in his wake.

If I'm bored I'll do more

Edited by Jackyisnub

@Sleepy & Jackyisnub :rolleyes:

I'm adding Stalker and Behemoth Notes today.

Need transparency

snotesonthebehemoths.png

Got Kal'gerion notes (part 2)

kalgernotespart21859440550-iaza.gif

http://www.iaza.com/work/100513C/kalgernotespart21859440550-iaza.gif

Examine: An unknown mage's notes on the Kal'Gerion demons.