Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Avascar

My Other Compter Crashed,big Problem Here

Uh..yeah.I know,im good at keeping track of stuff.

So yeah,but thats not what you really think,its worse..When i turn on my computer normally it shows a blue screen and it says i have to disable my anti-virus and check my F: folders.Then i had to restart it.Well,how am i gonna go to my folders if i cant run my computer right?

Anyways,back in the past,like 2-3 months ago,ever since it was working when it started it was showing errors,Framework,stuff that wont work right.And the computer was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow.And i tried to make Windows respond to the COMODO anti-virus.My dad thinks its the anti-virus itself,but i dont think so.I know COMODO is a multi-layered anti-virus,and i trust it,it really works well.And plus,Windows thinks i have no anti-virus,and it is really irritating me.And overtime,the computer gets slower and slower,then,what happened next? Guess......It crashed.But this aint the first time.It crashed multiple times,its like an endless crashing junk computer.

So,the REAL problem is,everytime i restart my computer,you know,the blue screen and all that.Instead,EVEN if i go to safe mode,it shows the blue screen,with networking,everything! Nothing works,just shows the blue screen.And i was thinking it was the Sality Virus.The Sality blocked my anti-virus and sent out other virus's,my computer couldent stand it it crashed,and it happened multiple times.And the computer gain more stress because my little brothers keep force shutting down often.And its out-of-date,whenever i update something its extremly slow.I cant run a anti-virus scan,nothing works.

It just shows a blue screen no matter what i do.

So........What should i do?

I dont have much options,oh and the Sality Virus disables safe mode.

Seriously,i dont have much options.Since i cant even go to safe mode.

~Avascar

P.S:My dad said the computer is normal when it shows errors,and i KNOW 100% SURE it has a virus.

And plus,its been that the whole time,ever since my little brothers wasent doing a full scan.Must be a worm.....And my other virus's i had in the old times...I did system restore at Feburary though,it failed.

Edited by Avascar

Every time you've been here, you assume VIRUS.

How was the computer performing before the Blue screens?

Err...Yeah,i do assume virus,you know,i only come here when theres a virus,not some talky talk.

And the second line,there.I was talcking about in the past,like 2 months ago.

Er...So you got an answer or not?

If your computer won't even turn on, just reformat it by reinstalling Windows with the supplied disk.

Err...Yeah,i do assume virus,you know,i only come here when theres a virus,not some talky talk.

No?

My question was what was the computer like before the "virus".

No?

My question was what was the computer like before the "virus".

Well,when it was new,when I first got it,it was fast,smooth,and flawless.

Then,after 4 years later,it was extremly slow,lots of errors like framework,and hard for Windowss to. Respond to COMODO,the browser worked awefully,some apps don't even respond and won't pop up.And all those stuff,I had virus's before,but we used system restore,and crashed.Since because it re-infected.

When I go to my program folders I see a lot of weird stuff.And useless apps,I tried ddeleting them,but every time I select them,it duplicates itself,but I managed to delete them.But before when I got my new laptop,I got a worm in my network,I deleted it with my avast antivirus before,it happened when I posted the topic too.but my xp computer didn't catch it.so it has tons of virus's,sorta.

Anything else?

Dude. I want to know how it was a week or so before the virus.

Also, your computer will die eventually if you don't reformat it every now and then. Windows gets cluttered up and it would be advisable to nuke and start over every two years or so. I think that you have failed to maintain your computer and that's why it became slow.

I've also never heard of COMODO antivirus.

System restore also won't help you get rid of a virus, viruses are designed to get around that. System restore is only useful if you've changed some Windows setting and messed something up.

Edited by theking1322

Also, your computer will die eventually if you don't reformat it every now and then. Windows gets cluttered up and it would be advisable to nuke and start over every two years or so. I think that you have failed to maintain your computer and that's why it became slow.

System restore also won't help you get rid of a virus, viruses are designed to get around that. System restore is only useful if you've changed some Windows setting and messed something up.

I never reformat my computers and they don't die eventually. As long as you're not stupid with it it'll be fine.

Comodo is a firewall and antivirus suite now I believe.

I never reformat my computers and they don't die eventually. As long as you're not stupid with it it'll be fine.

That's probably because you maintain them properly. But if you do not, then eventually you get a buildup of junk and crap that can only be solved by reformatting.

That's probably because you maintain them properly. But if you do not, then eventually you get a buildup of junk and crap that can only be solved by reformatting.

Uh, no. You can always factory restore the computer, which puts it in the state you first bought the computer.

You can also easy fix all that junk, too. I just cleaned a seven year old computer full of bloatware and only 1GB of memory left to a great state without any restore. It can play games like WoW now.

Uh, no. You can always factory restore the computer, which puts it in the state you first bought the computer.

You can also easy fix all that junk, too. I just cleaned a seven year old computer full of bloatware and only 1GB of memory left to a great state without any restore. It can play games like WoW now.

What? Factory Restore? It's not an iPod, there is no "factory restore". Only reformatting.

Edited by lilshu
Please make sure you know what you're talking about before giving advice here ;)

What? Factory Restore? It's not an iPod, there is no "factory restore". Only reformatting.

People who don't research or try it out like you make me cringe.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4896690_restore-wi...conditions.html

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-t...ndows-xp-vista/

I've done it before.

Edited by Click This

Er...The thing is...I get the word "Disk" for Windows XP.Any soultions here?? Th virus had been there like for months.Sorta...

People who don't research or try it out like you make me cringe.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4896690_restore-wi...conditions.html

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-t...ndows-xp-vista/

I've done it before.

*me hides in shame.

This does seem like an obscure, but handy feature. I was never aware of this, but then again there's a lot I don't know.

Er...The thing is...I get the word "Disk" for Windows XP.Any soultions here?? Th virus had been there like for months.Sorta...

If you're talking about the hard drive, double click it slowly to rename your drive to Windows XP.