Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kieyanar

Dear Crafters/mages:

((Please move if this is in the wrong place. Sorry ^^))

K yeah so:

I heard lots about people crafting gold items and then alching them. As far as I can tell, this is what I came up with. Tried it out from bars to bracelets and they sold on the ge just fine. Made about 100k easy peasy :)

Crafters, if you buy ore and make bracelets, you can sell the bracelets on ge for about 100 gp more each.

Mages, if you buy the bracelets (or make your own), and make your own nats, you can make about 100 gp each.

PL0X check out my whole report:

FULL REPORT :rolleyes:

And tell me what you think :)

Edited by Kieyanar

This could definitely be useful for lower level Crafters, but at my level it wouldn't be worth it. :rolleyes:

What level are you?

And you're probably getting your money sucked away by green dragon hides huh :rolleyes:

Either way, if you have at least craft level of.. 10 I think? You can double your money by doing a bit of crafting ^^

What level are you?

And you're probably getting your money sucked away by green dragon hides huh :rolleyes:

Either way, if you have at least craft level of.. 10 I think? You can double your money by doing a bit of crafting ^^

I'm level 92. How many bracelets can you craft per hour and how much exp do they give?

What level are you?

I'm level 92. How many bracelets can you craft per hour and how much exp do they give?

Theyre 25 xp each, and unfortunately Im too inconcsistent to know how many per hour :x

But Ill try and figure it out hang on =)

Alrighty. A full batch, of 27, in Port Phas (might be faster if you have access to the edgeville furnace), takes about 1 min 20 seconds if youre paying attention.

So 80 seconds, hour has 3600, equals 45 runs per hour. 27 load x 25 xp each = 675 xp per go, 30,375.

Im really sorry Im kinda newby, but as far as I can tell the xp is not very good :) But its wayy cheaper than green dragon hides which is what I understand to be the "fastest" method (ignoring the too pricey blueredblack hides).

i actually might try this. i really want 61 craft for lunar diplomacy but at my level (59) its too expensive to level fast. 30k exp an hour is actually alright at that cost.

The best part is that there is no cost lol. I was basically looking for a way to train my crafting without going broke.

Good luck getting to 61 :rolleyes: The outfit you get is really neat. And that whole lunar magics thing too :)

this actually works! i got 60 crafting yesterday. thanks soooooo much for this info. i bought 2k gold bars yesterday and ive already smelted about 785. the exp actually isnt that slow. ill probably be doing lunar diplomacy by the end of the day.

Glad it worked for you =)

Hope more alchers get on board.

I did a dragonhide comparison in my blog as well.

Doing bracelets is only half the xp of doing green vambraces, but its clearly making money. I just banked 1 mill profit :rolleyes:

If you go up 10 levels in smith and mine you can do the same thing for gold =)

Unfortuantely tiaras sell for a whopping 20gp on the GE, or high alch for 60gp.

Might as well do gold, hehe :rolleyes:

((Please move if this is in the wrong place. Sorry ^^))

K yeah so:

I heard lots about people crafting gold items and then alching them. As far as I can tell, this is what I came up with. Tried it out from bars to bracelets and they sold on the ge just fine. Made about 100k easy peasy :)

Crafters, if you buy ore and make bracelets, you can sell the bracelets on ge for about 100 gp more each.

Mages, if you buy the bracelets (or make your own), and make your own nats, you can make about 100 gp each.

PL0X check out my whole report:

FULL REPORT :rolleyes:

And tell me what you think :)

A) I've been doing this with unstrung gold ammys, and people need them for "String Amulet". It's less gp, more xp, and f2p.

B) But why would mages bother? First off, if they're gonna craft their own runes... they should alch something that gives better profit, like rune maces (I believe?) or air battlestaves. Not to mention that they have a faster, profitable, way of training called Superheat Item, or if they're p2p and have lunars, String Amulet or Humidify.

You can do this with sapphire rings and make more profit and better exp. With a gem bag you can increase your exp further by doing 26 rings per trip instead of 13.

What level are you?

And you're probably getting your money sucked away by green dragon hides huh :)

Theyre 25 xp each, and unfortunately Im too inconcsistent to know how many per hour :x

But Ill try and figure it out hang on =)

Alrighty. A full batch, of 27, in Port Phas (might be faster if you have access to the edgeville furnace), takes about 1 min 20 seconds if youre paying attention.

So 80 seconds, hour has 3600, equals 45 runs per hour. 27 load x 25 xp each = 675 xp per go, 30,375.

Im really sorry Im kinda newby, but as far as I can tell the xp is not very good :) But its wayy cheaper than green dragon hides which is what I understand to be the "fastest" method (ignoring the too pricey blueredblack hides).

Crafting green d'hide bodies gives around 430k experience per hour, using SC, which equates to losing 1.24M per hour.

Bracelets get around 30k exp per hour, at around 100gp profit each that's 120k profit, per hour.

Collecting the points for the SC needles will take around 3 hours and 20 minutes using regular SC, and about 2 hours 30 minutes using fast SC.

To get the same amount of experience from crafting bracelets as crafting 1 hour worth of d'hide bodies you'd need to spend just over 14 hours of crafting them, and you'd make nearly 1.7M.

One hour of d'hide bodies + 3 hours of collecting the points gives 6 hours to make money. So just hunting grenwalls for 1M per hour will get me 6M minus the 1.2M from crafting the bodies will give me 4.8M profit.

tl;dr

In the time it takes you get the same amount of experience as crafting an hour's worth of green d'hide bodies I could have gotten that experience and made 4.8M profit. :)

I'm not trying to ruin your method or anything (I think it's great for lower levels), but I'm just proving why I do it this way. :rolleyes:

Woohoo finally got people talking about this XD

Ok please note Ive been gone for a while and some of the questions may be dumb >.>

B) But why would mages bother? First off, if they're gonna craft their own runes... they should alch something that gives better profit, like rune maces (I believe?) or air battlestaves. Not to mention that they have a faster, profitable, way of training called Superheat Item, or if they're p2p and have lunars, String Amulet or Humidify.

Are rune maces/air bstaves buyable in bulk?

Superheat/string ammy is profitable?

You can do this with sapphire rings and make more profit and better exp. With a gem bag you can increase your exp further by doing 26 rings per trip instead of 13.

Interesting. I shall be checking this out :rolleyes:

Kemosabe - wow what a break down! Thank you for posting that up =) Makes a lot of sense to me, make the money a fast way then spend it on crafting to get the fast way. Cheers to you! I dont have the levels required for ultimatem oney making (:)) it is a good suggestion for anyone who does.

Kie

Edited by Kieyanar

I have a question. Are bracelets members?

What's the best profit making free to play item?

and also.....Could you please submit this idea to the forum's moneymaking guide, found here?

Yes, bracelets are members.

Amulets can be done in a similar fashion in f2p. I dont know if they sell or not though.

I sure could :rolleyes: But it should be under the section of "Low leveled without any big moneymaking skills availible" methods lol :)

I want to do the research on using gems and such too ^^

I wuz under the impression that gem bags only held uncut?

TBH for maging, you can make profit from most of the well-known items by buying them on the GE and making your own nats :rolleyes:

I've thought about this, but the xp is so slow. Might not be a bad idea when I lose my members though.