Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
skillpillzzzThatsme

F2p Smithing Training

Question

I really need a faster method :| i dont know if its just generally a slow skill to train but mining iron ores then smeltin them n makin them in pl8's really aint very fast... help?

15 answers to this question

Well it really depends on your smithing level. If you are high enough, you may just want to buy Steel Bars and make Platebodies (or the highest item you can). However, this can get costly. If you want to reduce or eliminate costs, try smelting steel bars for profit and eventually you can use the money you make to smelt other items. Your method is really not bad, if you have the required Mining, Smithing and Magic levels, bring runes for the Superheat Item spell so you won't have to bank as often. You can later use these bars for Smithing.

Well it really depends on your smithing level. If you are high enough, you may just want to buy Steel Bars and make Platebodies (or the highest item you can). However, this can get costly. If you want to reduce or eliminate costs, try smelting steel bars for profit and eventually you can use the money you make to smelt other items. Your method is really not bad, if you have the required Mining, Smithing and Magic levels, bring runes for the Superheat Item spell so you won't have to bank as often. You can later use these bars for Smithing.

alot of people have talked about the super heat spell. does it just smelt the ore in your inventory? or does it bank or somthing. not exactly sure how it works

alot of people have talked about the super heat spell. does it just smelt the ore in your inventory? or does it bank or somthing. not exactly sure how it works

It smelts the ore into a bar while in your inventory. This allows you to get much more ore per trip and saves you the hassle of turning it into bars later. For example, normally you would be able to get a total of 28 iron/coal ore while mining. With the superheat spell, you can get the equivalent of 78 iron/coal ores except they will be bars instead. As a result, you can go to mining spots relatively far from a bank without wasting as much time getting there and back.

Edited by Funny Bunny

It smelts the ore into a bar while in your inventory. This allows you to get much more ore per trip and saves you the hassle of turning it into bars later. For example, normally you would be able to get a total of 28 iron/coal ore while mining. With the superheat spell, you can get the equivalent of 78 iron/coal ores except they will be bars instead. As a result, you can go to mining spots relatively far from a bank without wasting as much time getting there and back.

ahh now it makes sence :rolleyes: thanks

More then 90% of smithing is F2P, do the highest thing you can do at your lvl It dosn't matter what you make, more bars you use more xp, you get a certant amout of xp per bars, so if you made 5 rune axes, you'd get the same Xp as 1 rune platebody i beleive

More then 90% of smithing is F2P, do the highest thing you can do at your lvl It dosn't matter what you make, more bars you use more xp, you get a certant amout of xp per bars, so if you made 5 rune axes, you'd get the same Xp as 1 rune platebody i beleive

Yes but some of the best ways to train Smithing are members. This includes gold ore with Gauntlets and Smithing bolts/knives. Also, you are correct that 5 Bars will net the same exp no matter what you make with them, however, it is much faster to make 3 of an item than 27 of an item. Therefore, it would be wise to create the item that uses up most bars (unless there is another that has a smaller loss).

Edited by Funny Bunny

A way to make profit and train magic and smithing is superheating mithril bars. Personally, I would go with this method. But if you want fast training just buy the highest level bars and make them into items.

I wholeheartedly support the above posts; superheating is the way to go. Especially once you've got 85 Smithing; then you can superheat coal and rune ore to 99 Magic & Smithing, and actually make a profit. And it's only a little slower than High Alching.

is there some way to "super heat all"? my fingers are getting tired :rolleyes:

Unfortunately there is not :)

First, I'd just like to say :rolleyes:. It's a great forum and a great community.

For fast smithing experience, you need to smith either the highest metal platebody or smith an object that takes up many bars. Be careful, though, because these items are usually the most cash-consuming, which results in a much smaller cash pile.

If you do not want to lost money, I advise getting to level 30 smithing and then smelting steel bars. This is a widely-renowned way to make money, and gain large amounts of smithing experienced when done at a large scale. Remember that you need 1 iron ore and 2 coal, so continuing to mine your iron will increase your profit.

first of all yes the smithing is genraly a slow skill seconed thing the best thing to start smithing is finishing the knight's sword quest it will give u 12k xp for smithingand it's not a hard quest seconed u will reach lvl 30 somthing then u can start smithing steel bars (one of the best ways to make money for f2p) and u buy iron ores and coal ores (steel bar=2 coal ore + 1 iron ore) just keep smithing them in alkarid furnance (the closest to the bank if u r non-mem) till u reach 40 then u can start buying gold and smith it but u will lose money so if u wanna make profits just keep smithing steel bars (don't smith it to armour because u won't make profite unless if u r smithing the steel pl8 bodies which's will be slow to sell but if u just care about exp so fine smith it into steel pl8 bodies)

Okay, a little advice:

Once you get to smithing steel and can smith nails, smith steel nails with smithing. They are f2p, and you can sell them quite easily, for around half as much as the steel bars are worth. This means that instead of buying a steel bar and getting 100% xp, you will now get 150% xp, which is quite a lot. It's not as fast as a plate, but it's only a few seconds longer, so if you are mining your own ores just make nails.

Oh, and by the way, mining your own ores sounds nice, but is excruciatingly slow. I'd suggest mining some of the ores needed and buying the rest, or just buying the bars. Buying bars is a radical change in speed, it's jsut so, so much faster.

All those going for high smithing lv should do kights sword quest. It bosted my smithing lv by around 14! (Im only lv 34 now)

Doing the quest will boost you out of iron and you can get strait into steel. That's where the money is :rolleyes: