Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jaayyyy

Weildable Fishing Rods

My suggestion is to make fishing rods weildable, why? Because it takes up space in the inventory when fishing, its rather annoying to only get 26 fish per inventory, when with most other things you get 27 (or a full 28 with the barb-tailed harpoon). Just a simple one, the stats and attacks could be similar to the noose wand (used for hunting). Give feedback please!

I like the idea, and hope it will happen, but I highly doubt it. There's already the barb-tailed harpoon, so I don't think anything else will come. But who knows.

Why not just ask for 1 more inventory space then?

Because that one inventory space can be used for anything, while this would only add an inventory space for fishing. :rolleyes:

Why not just ask for 1 more inventory space then?

Well first of all its against the rules to do that, and second, it would be stupid to have just one spare space for a rod...

Maybe a different type of fishing rod allows you to do this and you need a to do a quest to get it? I support the idea.

Why do you need to wield a fishing rod at all? It's completely unnecessary. Having 1 extra spot for fish hinders you from what, 1 fish? Why don't you just ask for no bait? It's just as idiotic.

Why do you need to wield a fishing rod at all? It's completely unnecessary. Having 1 extra spot for fish hinders you from what, 1 fish? Why don't you just ask for no bait? It's just as idiotic.

It isn't really 'idiotic'. Now before you say I fish for a living, etc, etc: I don't. I have 70 Fishing, and I haven't fully trained it for a YEAR. Yeah.

I kind of support the idea, especially with the quest. However, Why not just harpoon? You can harpoon Swordfish & Tuna, so therefore, just use the barb-tailed harpoon. I'm guessing it can't catch those, only something else? Again, I don't really like fishing.

75% support

:rolleyes:

It makes sense from a flavor sort of view -- woodcutters can wield their tools (hatchets), fighters can wield their tools (weapons), miners can wield their tools (pickaxes), and the list goes on. Even runecrafters don't have to carry a talisman with them, because tiaras fit just fine. The odd ones out are fishing and firemaking. I support, and would suggest that you also add the ability to wield tinderboxes, if only to keep the skills fairly consistent.

It isn't really 'idiotic'. Now before you say I fish for a living, etc, etc: I don't. I have 70 Fishing, and I haven't fully trained it for a YEAR. Yeah.

I kind of support the idea, especially with the quest. However, Why not just harpoon? You can harpoon Swordfish & Tuna, so therefore, just use the barb-tailed harpoon. I'm guessing it can't catch those, only something else? Again, I don't really like fishing.

75% support

:rolleyes:

I can use a harpoon, it's just slow xp at my level. (66)

It makes sense from a flavor sort of view -- woodcutters can wield their tools (hatchets), fighters can wield their tools (weapons), miners can wield their tools (pickaxes), and the list goes on. Even runecrafters don't have to carry a talisman with them, because tiaras fit just fine. The odd ones out are fishing and firemaking. I support, and would suggest that you also add the ability to wield tinderboxes, if only to keep the skills fairly consistent.

actually firemakers can weild bows to start fire

100% support

People who say 'why not ask for another invintory space', this is asking for a new option for a fishing rod, a new item sort of, not a new space, and if they did add a new space, people would still be asking for weildable fishing rods still

were you saying it was idiotic to think of wielding a harpoon before that came out? were you also saying that about firemaking with a bow or summoning familiar?

100% support from me, it would be good and they have code for it visually already as some npc's wield rods.

That would be great!

please elaborate, in the suggestions forum replies that add nothing to a discussion are considered spam and aren't liked by moderators, remember for next time

Edited by heb0
You're spamming too. And please don't backseat moderate.

Part of me likes this idea as it would help but it would also be a bit a bit weird.

50% support.

Personally I don't support, you know, who is going to fight with a rod and furthermore, adding an inventory space for 1 fish is just like asking for 1 inventory space but for fish.

You spelled wieldable incorrectly. (Grammar Nazi in me came out, sorry)

I'm not really a fan of this idea. In all honesty, all this is for is 1 extra space in your inventory. If you really want that extra space, get a familiar or something. If you're F2P, even if this item came out, it wouldn't be F2P so it doesn't affect you. When fishing there are two things you do with the fish: drop them or bank them. If you're banking, use Beast of Burden familiars. Summoning is relatively easy to train. If you're dropping then this really doesn't matter.

Woodcutters and miners can wield hatchets and pickaxes (respectively) because they are legitimate weapons. Tinderboxes and fishing lines? I think not.

The OP says

...it takes up space in the inventory when fishing, its rather annoying to only get 26 fish per inventory,

If your only gripe is inventory space, then this isn't a legitimate suggestion.

No support for the reasons above.

Wieldable harpoons made a bit of sense (harpoons are legitimate weapons) but it all it does is...free up one extra inventory. It's a convenience, and doesn't effect fishing that much.

I've had a fly fishing rod and feathers in my inventory, and I got 70 Fishing all F2P (Barb. Village FTW) and I didn't find this an issue.

Gripe over inconvenience is not an actual suggestion.

-Pig

Wilt took the words right out of my mouth!

That was my exact argument, and an extra fish is not something I'm going to complain about.

As

I can't say it's needed. One fish spot doesn't make a difference. It will barely effect anything.

Nonetheless, if this was implemented it would be kinda cool.

I can't say that this is necessary. I mean, maybe it would help when your shilo village fishing and getting an inventory in like a minute; but it wouldn't really make a difference at rocktails where you get an inventory every 10 minutes.

Wilt took the words right out of my mouth!

That was my exact argument, and an extra fish is not something I'm going to complain about.

As

Great idea man 99.99% support!