Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mr n3wb

The Elemental Workshop 3

I have charged the counter on the left and it gets stuck at 62. I think this means that if you charge that one you dont have to worry about the counters any more. I've yet to test it however as I need sleep. Ill report back tomorrow.

youowemelapdance.png

[img=http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4172/youowemelapdance.png]

I have charged the counter on the left and it gets stuck at 62. I think this means that if you charge that one you dont have to worry about the counters any more. I've yet to test it however as I need sleep. Ill report back tomorrow.

I checked, it gives you an infinite amount of moves.

If you connect the mechanisms to the counter on the North side, you'll get an extra 50 moves, connect the mechanisms to the counter on the South side and it will get "stuck" at 62, giving you an unlimited number of moves.

When i connected the mechanisms to the counter on the South side nothing happened (the counter stayed at "00") and when I used up the rest of the moves I had I couldn't do anything more. Are you sure you get an unlimited amount of moves or is there something else you have to do first?

If you connect the mechanisms to the counter on the North side, you'll get an extra 50 moves, connect the mechanisms to the counter on the South side and it will get "stuck" at 62, giving you an unlimited number of moves.

When i connected the mechanisms to the counter on the South side nothing happened (the counter stayed at "00") and when I used up the rest of the moves I had I couldn't do anything more. Are you sure you get an unlimited amount of moves or is there something else you have to do first?

It must be with tall moveable piece.

I had the gear in the immoveable block with the arrow pointing at the counter spinning.

I had the gear in the immoveable block with the arrow pointing at the counter spinning.

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but if you do it correctly the counter will spin to 62 and get stuck, when you use all 100 moves from the other two counters it will start using moves from the southern one, but it doesn't go down from 62.

Don't you need 20 mining?

20 mining is a requirement for the first elemental workshop quest, and you need to do elemental workshop 2 do to the 3rd one. so no need to put 20 mining in the requirements.

Edited by N3wb

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but if you do it correctly the counter will spin to 62 and get stuck, when you use all 100 moves from the other two counters it will start using moves from the southern one, but it doesn't go down from 62.

I've figured it out now. If you don't press the "Click here to continue." option in the dialog box that appears saying that the counter gets stuck on 62 moves then the counter won't change.

I'm sorry, but I've read through this guide twice, and I still don't understand the part about the puzzle. You give 5 different configurations, giving the impression that to solve the puzzle, we should do each in turn. I managed to get the gears hooked up into the first configuration, got an animation from the game when I did, but when I tried to then move the gears to the next configuration, two moves and the game gave me a message that the machine was out of power & I needed to start over.

editing to add: I just figured it out for myself, by (DUH!) reading the quest notes. What you've forgotten to tell people is that each time you finish a configuration, you gain access to another piece, and then you have to reset and start over to connect the next bit.

Edited by sionnach dhu

I'm sorry, but I've read through this guide twice, and I still don't understand the part about the puzzle. You give 5 different configurations, giving the impression that to solve the puzzle, we should do each in turn. I managed to get the gears hooked up into the first configuration, got an animation from the game when I did, but when I tried to then move the gears to the next configuration, two moves and the game gave me a message that the machine was out of power & I needed to start over.

Sorry, forgot to add that after each part, you need to reset the puzzle. Once you solve a part you can safely reset it and go to the next part.

Sorry, forgot to add that after each part, you need to reset the puzzle. Once you solve a part you can safely reset it and go to the next part.

after solution 4 , if u don't reset but instead (taking top of page as north) move the 3tower 1 north & the blocks on the east side of the center to make the chain, it becomes very easy & fast to reset the power block for each bar to be charged.

Primed Bar transparency:

elebar.png

[IMG=http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww287/danwildman123/elebar.png]

I'm really lost. I've done the first two fine. Then I did the third and thought I was fine. I went on and did the fourth. Nothing happened. So I've returned and done the third part again. I get the message that I should perhaps try powering up the machine first. I've tried the button above, but that's still inactive. Any ideas?

This is what I'm getting: Click Me.

Edit: I've tried this and it's also wrong: Click Me.

Edit 2: More fail: Click Me.

Edited by Merch Gwyar

I'm really lost. I've done the first two fine. Then I did the third and thought I was fine. I went on and did the fourth. Nothing happened. So I've returned and done the third part again. I get the message that I should perhaps try powering up the machine first. I've tried the button above, but that's still inactive. Any ideas?

This is what I'm getting: Click Me.

Edit: I've tried this and it's also wrong: Click Me.

Edit 2: More fail: Click Me.

You have to connect the gears to all four sides of the center pillar to make it spin. You'll need the 3 level gear on the west side and the 2 level gear on the east side and 1 level gears on the north and south sides, then connect all of them together go the active gear to activate the pillar. Hope this helps.

During this quest you will need to mine elemental ore. So yes, you do need 20 mining.

EDIT:

Some Transparency's

book2.png

[img=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6661/book2.png]

ew3scroll.png

[img=http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7155/ew3scroll.png]

Edited by Ambo100

Ok, I got there in the end. Thank you everyone for your help.

Could we add something after puzzle 3 please?

At this point, you will see no cut-scene to alert you to the fact that the third part of the puzzle is complete. Instead you will receive a message suggesting that you need to power the machine. Just continue to position 4, ensuring that the three storey and two storey blocks are in the correct positions.

*insert your picture of puzzle 4*

After this, the central block will start spinning in the air. This is very noticeable, with graphics and sounds. If it does not do this, then repeat position 3 and position 4 again. This will surely unlock it upon repetition.

Also, the puzzle solutions are all front views, which I found slightly confusing when I tried to emulate them in-game. I've taken a back view of puzzle 4, which is the one where it's vital they get the multi-layered blocks right. You can find that here, if someone would like to crop it into something more manageable.

Alright, I added in some more info for the puzzle and the transparencies, thanks everyone. I'm sorry about the puzzle, I'm no good at explaining how to do the puzzle.

Let's see, we still need a fast quest walkthrough. Does anyone know how to make one of those? I would if I did :rolleyes:

Let's see, we still need a fast quest walkthrough. Does anyone know how to make one of those? I would if I did :rolleyes:

It's easy :)

5. Fast Quest Walkthrough (FQW): This is the newest addition to the quest guides, and should give the reader the "bare minimum" of information in order to finish the quest. FQWs are always written in a numbered list, and should be easily linked to the steps in your guide, in order. In other words, the FQW should follow your guide exactly, except that all of the details have been stripped out.

It's easy :)

5. Fast Quest Walkthrough (FQW): This is the newest addition to the quest guides, and should give the reader the "bare minimum" of information in order to finish the quest. FQWs are always written in a numbered list, and should be easily linked to the steps in your guide, in order. In other words, the FQW should follow your guide exactly, except that all of the details have been stripped out.

What about linking it to the guide? Like how you can click the number or something and it takes you to that part on the guide.

I'm working on making the FQW right now.

Edited by N3wb

Alright, FQW is finished.

You have to connect the gears to all four sides of the center pillar to make it spin. You'll need the 3 level gear on the west side and the 2 level gear on the east side and 1 level gears on the north and south sides, then connect all of them together go the active gear to activate the pillar. Hope this helps.

I figured that bit out for myself... now if I could just figure out how get the blocks THERE... LOL. This puzzle is driving me bonkers! (Well ok it's not a long drive, it's a short putt, but still.)

Editing to add: finally got them in place, have first body bar, have central piece lowered again... lunch break's over, so I'll have to finish up tonight! Thanks for the tips everyone!

Edited by sionnach dhu

I think the guide is pretty much done, anything else you guys think I should add to it?

Since you need a battered key to get into the workshop, here's how to get it back

To reobtain the Battered Key, Search the bookcase in the house directly south of the building with the anvils, And read the book, the key will fall out.

Just thought that was useful, as I didn't have the Battered Key at the start of the quest anymore. Use if you desire.

Edited by Lunar

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.