Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
YotmaB

Modern Warfare Overrated?

November, New Call Of Duty comes out, what do you think will be the outcome, will modern warfare 2 still have the multiplayer it does now, or will it be Black Ops all of the time, Is Modern Warfare 2 overrated just because it's name being Call Of Duty.

People will still play MW2 for a long time after Black Ops is released. I good amount of people still play COD4 and COD5. As for it being overrated, maybe a little bit.

There are so many flaws in the game that are universally accepted even by those who use them all the time, so I wouldn't necessarily say it was overrated. What I cannot comprehend is why they [infinity Ward] are content to stick with the label of 'most non existent customer support', they nerf smaller things like the Models when there are much bigger problems that could be dealt with.

Modern Warfare 2 is incredibly overrated. MW1's story was great. It had a really dramatic ending and I felt that MW2's story was very forced and they tried to copy what made MW1 so good. They also didn't add much either which was a shame.

I think that call of duty is overrated in general, endless killing which gets dull very quick

Modern Warfare 2 is incredibly overrated. MW1's story was great. It had a really dramatic ending and I felt that MW2's story was very forced and they tried to copy what made MW1 so good. They also didn't add much either which was a shame.

i actually thought both of MW and MW2's endings where OK. as for the multi-player i know when i played the little bit of MW(when my PS3 would actually let me get online) there was no little kids like me on. then i moved to Xbox so i could actually get online when i wanted to got cod5 and there is no/little kids. BAM MW2 comes out and its full of kids 7-13(im 14 but im still maturer then them) and i hate these little kids with there squeaky voices >:rolleyes:

but mw2 did change alot in how the game will be made now for multiplayer but had alot of flaws(hit detector...)

I still play CoD4 and 5, and if I ever get on MW2, I get extremely ticked off and end up just going back to one of the past Call of Duty games.

I honestly hope I don't have to do this with Black Ops. I'm expecting it to be a pretty cool Vietnam (hopefully) game. I loved WaW so I have high hopes for it. :rolleyes:

Modern Warfare 2 is definitely overrated, it's essentially a sequel to Call of Duty 4. It owes its success to Call of Duty 4. That's not to say it's not fun. Modern Warfare 2 is extremely fun and doesn't get boring. It just drives me nuts when people say it's the best game ever.

Call of duty in general suffers from the you can only rehash a game so many times syndrome.

Call of duty in general suffers from the you can only rehash a game so many times syndrome.

True. I don't think CoD4 will ever be beaten.

True. I don't think CoD4 will ever be beaten.

Haha...I get it.

It's the best crap out there. It really only plays on the success of being able to play with other players. Ever since the dreamcast brought in four players people have been going crazy about being able to play with friends and to be honest Call Of Duty was one of the first to utilize the next step with online gaming. It's an overrated game, but those smart love-childs knew exactly what they were doing. I don't know if you have also noticed but since they haven't exactly added much new in the last 2 games things have steadily declined. Not by much but the hype is pretty much over. Just like Halo.

I watched my friend play Modern Warfare 2, and it looked awesome. He played Story Mode mostly, and I wasn't shocked by the airport scene much. It was also nice in that weapons were more, well, modern. Then again, it is Modern Warfare.
I didn't see what the big deal about the airport scene was either. The story mode though, is so short. For what it is, it's definitely very good but like I said, it's all about multiplayer now. I would have liked a longer storyline but they want to appeal to the multiplayer audience because they get this kind of response globally. I don't think the guns were more modern. Some of the guns from Call Of Duty 4 had only just pretty much been taken out of usage and upgraded. It will never really be modern, they would need a massive team to pull off something like that.

Which does bring me to something, It would be good if they had a game that was able to take on updates in the storyline and make it more of an online fps but also a mmorpg. Keeping the same style but with a little more depth, perhaps then combining storyline with the online mode. That is where I think they should head next, making everything that little bit more interactive. Might be nice to expand out the maximum players like that MAG game where you can battle with hundreds.

Edited by Fatalysm

I watched my friend play Modern Warfare 2, and it looked awesome. He played Story Mode mostly, and I wasn't shocked by the airport scene much. It was also nice in that weapons were more, well, modern. Then again, it is Modern Warfare.

Just like any other Call of Duty, you wont be able to take your underwear off without hearing about it at first, then after 2 months no one talks about it

I think mw2 was overrated!

the new mw will be and i hope will be better than mw2.

It's not a Modern Warefare, I don't think :rolleyes:

I quit MW2. The last few days I've only been playing CoD4 and I've had the most fun out of gaming than I had when I played MW2.

I get mad at it, I talk shizzle about it, I think of never playing it again but in the end, I always come back and enjoy.

i actually thought both of MW and MW2's endings where OK. as for the multi-player i know when i played the little bit of MW(when my PS3 would actually let me get online) there was no little kids like me on. then i moved to Xbox so i could actually get online when i wanted to got cod5 and there is no/little kids. BAM MW2 comes out and its full of kids 7-13(im 14 but im still maturer then them) and i hate these little kids with there squeaky voices >:rolleyes:

but mw2 did change alot in how the game will be made now for multiplayer but had alot of flaws(hit detector...)

I find that most people younger than 15 seem to have squeaky voices over the microphones of those used on XBL. I just hope I don't sound the same.

I don't think it's overrated. I find it well worth the money spent on it, and I love playing online multiplayer.

Love CoD4, hate MW2.

MW2 just has much too many balance issues. Let's not forget the glitches and overpowered perks like Commando and OMA.

The only annoying things in CoD4 are Juggernaut (which I actually don't mind too much) and occasionally Last Stand.

MW2 just felt like Infinity Ward just brainstormed a list of "super awesome cool stuff" to put in the sequel, and didn't even think of the balance issues and how it would work in multiplayer.

The original Modern Warfare I thought was amazing. It's one of the best online shooters ever by far. I still play COD4 a bit these days on a clan server where they kick anyone who is annoying or complains about things and overall we just have fun messing around these days.

Modern Warfare 2... Well to be fair the game might have been alright if it wasn't for the people online but the community for the most part is the most ridiculous collection of whiners I have ever met. I don't think there's something people don't complain about in the game. Every time I go on it's "OMG you hardscoping noob", "How the hell did you kill me? You're halfway across the map hacker." and so on. Also the ridiculous amount of awards for getting kill streaks got annoying and the tactical nuke was one of the worst ideas in gaming history. So yes Modern Warfare 2 was overrated.

Edited by Erebus

Well, if you make a game as successful as COD 4 of course people are going to flock to go out and buy the sequel.

So in that respect yes, but from what I've heard, it's still an amazing game.

As

CoD4 MW, was a success. People were expecting even better from MW2, so they did not see the difference in CoD4 and 6 because they only looked at the title.

Are you guys SERIOUSLY going to get CoD7? From TreyArch? (gayarch by me and my friends) The only thing that I do slightly like from them is nazi zombies...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.