Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Falzar

Most Wtf Moments In Gaming

Basicly, what moment in gaming made your raise your eyebrow, and declare "What the fudgeing HECK!!"

Mine, it would be Drakenguard, the last two endings. If you have any idea what I'm talking about, the you're probably in a mental instatute.

As for anybody who doesn't, I can sum it up in three words;

GIANT LASER BABIES!!!

Mine would be Jade Empire. Your old decrepit Kung Fu Master breaks a boat in half.

And then about 3/5 of the way through the game he kills you and you find out he's actually the bad guy.

Beautiful.

Chrono Trigger.

The trial scene where Crono's in court is insane. Did you rescue the little girl's cat, did you do everything possible? Of course you did, it's an RPG. Turns out lots of things were illegal. Whoops.

Edited by Poke

Final Fantasy 10

Does the I am your father! thing as a plot twist

Final Fantasy 10

meh but the characters got over it really quickly...

Morrowind sudden nevarine prophecy would have been more shocking if it wasn't in text, but then maybe the time in KOTOR...

The you are revan sudden moment thing, I didn't even know wtf Malak was talking about on the Leviathian (his flagship) except for something about my character's face. Too bad only one who gave much of a damn was Carth though.

Final Fantasy 10

Saw it coming.

Now the Revan twist in KOTOR was like...dude....wait...what???????

Still haven't found a better twist in video games but Bioshock is there.

A real WTF moment happened when I was playing Monster Hunter Tri and I almost killed that giant desert thingy that charges at you and digs in the mud and then he stuns me and takes me out from half health and it's game over. That's a WTF moment :wizard:

EDIT: 1k POSTS!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Sleepy

Final Fantasy 10

Saw it coming.

Now the Revan twist in KOTOR was like...dude....wait...what???????

Still haven't found a better twist in video games but Bioshock is there.

A real WTF moment happened when I was playing Monster Hunter Tri and I almost killed that giant desert thingy that charges at you and digs in the mud and then he stuns me and takes me out from half health and it's game over. That's a WTF moment :wizard:

EDIT: 1k POSTS!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

I did really enjoy the Revan twist.

Gratz on your 1k posts! I'll salute yours with my getting 2.3k!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer

People will knife you half way across the map with the perk called "Commando"

People will spawn kill you with their Spas-12 shotguns.

Also lots of other BS

Edited by Tequilaivy

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer

People will knife you half way across the map with the perk called "Commando"

People will spawn kill you with their Spas-12 shotguns.

Also lots of other BS

Love it when I've got it.

Hate it when other people have got it.

Although, the plus side is, with Commando Pro, you don't take any fall damage.

Got another one,

The way you're given the master ball in Diamond.

"Alright, I'm gonna go bring about the end of the world, regardless of wheather you trashed my base, and killed my executives.

Oh, by the way, would you by any chance want this masterball? I don't need it, and I'm pretty sure that you won't come back later and try to take it.

ktanksby"

Got another one,

The way you're given the master ball in Diamond.

"Alright, I'm gonna go bring about the end of the world, regardless of wheather you trashed my base, and killed my executives.

Oh, by the way, would you by any chance want this masterball? I don't need it, and I'm pretty sure that you won't come back later and try to take it.

ktanksby"

I've got to agree with you on that one.

WTF Moment - Your in a dark room in Uncharted and a bunch of zombies come out of nowhere.

Even more WTFish at night :rolleyes:

In AC1, I was half-shocked but half-expecting. Nevertheless, it was an awesome twist.

Al Mualim = baddie

And in AC2, this part was really really fudging awesome

At the ened when you're talking to the God thing and then it says "it's all up to you know, Desmond". and Desmond says "WHAT THE fudge". Awesome.

Dead Space, first time playing in the dark, with a surround sound headset. That arm things grabs my leg and pulls me through a corridor. Have to shoot the bugger off.

I may have pooped myself.

:rolleyes:

In modern warfare 2, I shoot a rifle grenade right across the map and got at least four kills to win the game... I laughed so hard...

I have a ton of Wtf moments throughout gaming but my top three are:

1. In Metal Gear Solid 1 snake uses 3 key cards to 'disable' metal gear, but instead it activates it.

2. Cod 4 Nuke was pretty crazy since I haven't played many games where main characters got killed off.

3. End sequence of AC2 was just crazy since, honestly, it's not something that is impossible. What they explained is crazy, but they kept it so that I felt it was possibly for that to actually have happened.

Modern Warfare 2: When I realized Evasion was in the Alpha Spec Ops missions.

Pokemon Diamond: When I realized that I could control both space and time with two measly balls.

Chrono Trigger.

The trial scene where Crono's in court is insane. Did you rescue the little girl's cat, did you do everything possible? Of course you did, it's an RPG. Turns out lots of things were illegal. Whoops.

Oh goodness I was so glad that I always try for a goody-two shoes approach in rpg's when that happened.

Chrono Trigger.

Oh goodness I was so glad that I always try for a goody-two shoes approach in rpg's when that happened.

'Jury, what do you think?'

'Guilty'

'Guilty'

'Guilty'

'Guilty'

'Guilty'

FFFF

Edited by Poke

Reminds me, TF2, when I was targeting an enemy sniper as a spy (cloaked too) he just somehow headshotted me, when I asked him about it he said he was trying to reload and said he has his shoot on his keyboard, not liking the mouse. :\

Mine would be the hack.gu series. second game

When u find out that ovan is really the big bad guy. cant remember the name for the life of me. I freaked out.

My most wtf moment would have to be from a 1vs1 in Halo 2.

We were playing it this summer in a friend's dorm while she was cooking, and then when she finished we decided to end the game and turn of the xbox so we could eat.

I jumped into one of the gravity lifts or something which hurled me across the level and just for the hell of it Jon shot his rocket launcher straight into the air. It hit me right as I passed over him. Jon didn't even know where he was on the map.

We watched it for 15 minutes over and over lol.

Edited by Lee M16

On F.E.A.R i'm walking through some abandoned office building and for absolutely no reason other than to make me crap myself a dead body flies through the window 2ft infront of my face.

The end battle of Mass Effect is pretty amazing, both Mass Effect games out at the minute are probably the 2 most immersive RPGs there is.

I was actually quite satisfied with the MW2 ending, loved playing as Soap under Price's command again. Good nostalgia.

And ever single time I screamed at my TV because MW2 screwed me out of something it shouldn't have.

I was actually quite satisfied with the MW2 ending, loved playing as Soap under Price's command again. Good nostalgia.

I don't like how you said under Price's command. I felt like at that point we were both equals.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.